GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 50 : Running with the Night

• Thread starter EDK
  • 324 comments
Cool. 👍 New guys should be prepared to post your replays to the Unofficial Results thread, which will be posted after the deadline on Monday. The podium getters in each Division are always asked to post replays, as well as any new drivers (and a few other random people as well), so they can be verified by their peer drivers.

See the GTP WRS - GT5 - Replay and Photo Upload/Download Guide thread for instructions.

In T2, the first double-left, I brake-tap, drop to 4th, and floor it over the rumbles, hoping I don't go wide into the bushes (before the hairpin).

Then on the S sections, just a quick lift-and-early-turn-in for the left(exit) of the first S, and again for the left(entry) of the second S. The right while exiting that second S I keep it flat out and go up to 5th. Smoothness and early-power-on in those S's can gain a few tenths.

The hairpin is all about luck for me...try to get left a little, brake hard, down to 2nd, and slow power-on.

I was using Matt's ABS 8 BB 7/9. 👍

Good to know.. I'm doing like this. I'm consistent in the hairpin: braking just after second kink, cornering in 3rd at about 75kmh, then 2nd and aiming for a late 55kmh apex. I just think I'm not consistent through esses. Too much steering.

BB 4/8, abs 1
I did a 2/8 and 3/8 try today, and doesn't feel that bad.

Good to know.. I'm doing like this. I'm consistent in the hairpin: braking just after second kink, cornering in 3rd at about 75kmh, then 2nd and aiming for a late 55kmh apex. I just think I'm not consistent through esses. Too much steering.

BB 4/8, abs 1
I did a 2/8 and 3/8 try today, and doesn't feel that bad.

I was doing 2/8-3/8 early in the week but it was hard to keep the back end in line through the first corner. Seemed good everywhere else. 7/9 seems to be where it's at for me. ABS 8.

Calm down Wes :scared:

Great 3 way battle going on at the top of D2 - Great going Lucas 👍 And looks like you're getting happier with the wheel Matt 👍

BB I'm using 2/10 ABS 10 - the Clubsport brake pedal is great for modulating brake force to avoid losing the rear in turn 1 and I'm trail braking all the way in. For the left hander in sector 2 (the first one, turn 4?) I'm finding it best to avoid the curb - it can bounce you wide and even if you don't hit the barrier, you lose speed up the hill and can't keep tight left over the curb before the hairpin. The hairpin is just a case of getting it tight in and straighten the front wheels as soon as possible - full throttle exit of you get it right. The last left in sector 2 is just a slight lift and full throttle through in 4th. Flat through the left/right in the start of sector 3 - avoid putting too much steering angle in, it scrubs off alot of speed. The right line there is vital to keep up speed and not hit the barrier - you also need to not be too far to the left coming out to set you up for the next left/right.

Latest splits,

Still got maybe 1 - 1.5 tenth's left if I can string it all together.

T1, 30.181
T2, 28.176

Last edited:
T1 30.518
T2 29.057

Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy! Yet somehow faster at the line by one point six. :odd: I can see where I need to be, just can't get the car there...yet.

.5xx up at the line. I put it down to the BB and ABS changes, I always forget to do it. I tried a few posted and it seemed to work 👍

Messed up the first corner in T2, Ken Block would of been proud of it though.

I know I can go a bit faster in T1, but I think this is probably my limit as of lap times, I beat my target so I'm quite happy.

Small gain today. Didn't have much time to run. Screwed up T3 so I know I can do better.

Not quite as sweet as it looks unfortunately.... Lost around .150 against a 'good' T3 - I thought I'd held it together but T3 is tough to get right.

Still a fair bit of work to do to get it done.

Edit:

Had some robotic consistency tonight.... keep hitting that same T2! Better all-round lap. Shame I couldn't keep the sub 58-second splits for long! Still a tenth going missing in T3 against my better ones. Will be happy if I can get a 58 flat and another tenth in T3...... for me it's all in that tight-right in T3 and then the long drag to the end, there are quantum black holes in that tunnel for sure - time is swallowed up without reason!

I've started taking that first left in T2 differently though and throwing it at the corner and then holding 75mph, not sure why but it works more often for me than any other method.

Still the same old ABS 8 BB 7/9

Thanks for all the mentions in this thread - glad the BB is helping. @Lucas - thanks for the push, nice splits ;) @Blair @Nine_Hundred @Wes - awesome splits!

Last edited:
Well now i've sussed how it works, (puters really don't like me) i've made all my time up in T3 i just can't better my T1.
I might better T2 but not enough to worry at. Think it'll do for my first TT, certainly isn't slow.

Latest splits,

Still got maybe 1 - 1.5 tenth's left if I can string it all together.

T1, 30.181
T2, 28.176

Same overall, but ahead. No alphabetical order. Does the board put ahead the later submission? :dopey:

Getting closer:

T1: 30.023
T2: 28.096

I've gotten a full tenth in t1, I just need to make it stick to the end of lap!

Racing On! [Until I go practice in the Alfa!]

I ended up having a run with this combo yesterday for an hour. Definitely a fine line to tread between grip and slip. Leader board is a scary place to be, I'd be last in D2 I think if I posted my splits at the moment :crazy: will try and get some more time over the weekend.

Outstanding job D2 👍

Last edited:
Same overall, but ahead. No alphabetical order. Does the board put ahead the later submission? :dopey:

Not sure how that works, looks like the order has reversed now.

Great splits by the way Duck.:sly:

Getting faster,

T1 30.215
T2 28.169

Very addictive combo, not a car i find easy to drive but can't drag myself away from it. Missed the right line in the tunnel so maybe a couple of tenths to find this weekend.

Cheers

Haven't felt that well the last couple days, so I went to the doctor this morning... Respiratory infection... breathing treatments, portable inhaler, and of course cough syrup that seriously hinders reaction time... luckily the only driving I'm doing is in my living room.

Splits brought to you, by Codeine!

T1: 31.324
T2: 29.571

Also messed up my ankle/foot a couple days ago, but it doesn't seem to be having much of an effect on my driving. Hopefully I can get some decent seat time on this combo, but I just can't do it with the fog of medicine hanging around...

Sorry to hear you aren't felling well. :( I remember trying to drive on just dayquil and hitting darn near everything. :D Hope you are feeling well soon!

Haven't felt that well the last couple days, so I went to the doctor this morning... Respiratory infection... breathing treatments, portable inhaler, and of course cough syrup that seriously hinders reaction time... luckily the only driving I'm doing is in my living room.

Splits brought to you, by Codeine!

T1: 31.324
T2: 29.571

Also messed up my ankle/foot a couple days ago, but it doesn't seem to be having much of an effect on my driving. Hopefully I can get some decent seat time on this combo, but I just can't do it with the fog of medicine hanging around...

I can sympathise some kind of biting stinging bug has left me with a very painfull swelling on my left thigh. So double strength antibiotics for me. Flucto somethin cillin.:crazy:

Latest splits:

T1: 29.992 :)
T2: 28.177 :yuck:

By theory, I can get another 3 tenths, according to best sectors. I'd be happy with two! :sly:

Racing On!

Jump on in, Jake, the water is fine! :P

My first ever WRS splits!

T1 30.200
T2 28.600

I'm losing all my time in the second sector, but I don't know where it's falling through. :indiff:

Last edited:
I love this: "No cheating of any kind, these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done, and we can read your mind. We will know."

EDIT: I thought they fixed the weaving issue for this car on the straights? Or is my wheel that messed up?

Last edited:
It's getting crazy in here.

A perfect lap would give me .2 more, but I don't know if I can match my t3. Improved total time by .3 over previous posts and I hadn't been able to match my old t3 until now. I hope that makes sense, I'm getting very sleepy.

Back