• Track: City > Circuito de Madrid Mini/Reverse
  • Car Type: Arcade Only > Premium
  • Make: USA > Shelby
  • Model: Cobra 427 '66

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 485 HP (Stock)
  • Weight: 1068 kg (Stock)
  • Transmission: Optional
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Tyre Type: Comfort Soft (N3's)
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
  • Mechanical Damage: Optional
  • Controller Steering Sensitivity: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional (If Available)

Race Specifics:

• The car used for this race is from the "Arcade Only" Section. Do Not use a car from the "Favorites" Section.
  • The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls (even when invisible), no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • All Surfaces are considered Track Surface.

Steward's Comments:
A very simple track layout in a very unforgiving car. Don't give up after 1 lap, once you get the hang of braking points and gears, this can be an enjoyable and rewarding combo.

Viewing your T1 & T2 Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'

• To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times]
  • To post your T1 and T2 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

pb060041mt3.jpg

Save best lap / ghost replay icon.

CircuitodeMadrid-Mini_3-1.jpg

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• At least two tires in contact with track at all times.
    • In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.

• Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1 & T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Number of Splits: 2
CircuitodeMadrid-Mini_5-1.jpg

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 64 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, May 7th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:

GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

CircuitodeMadrid-Mini_1-1.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited:
Where's my wheel?:nervous:

I'm seriously considering buying a new wheel just for this event. What an awesome combo for wheel users Kevin. This car is in the top 5 arcade cars I wanted to drive in WRS. Got to get my wheel fixed really soon.👍

Last edited:
Love this car, cant drive it but its great fun.

I hope I can make sometime to run the combo this week.👍

Let's start this off!

I absolutely love the car and the circuit! Perfect combination in my opinion!

Ooo Lovley, great combo Kev! Comfort softs aswell, hard enough on race tyres!

First lap, straight into the wall! pfft!

ok..

Last edited:
:lol: I can only describe this combo as "A reet proper grin, lad!"

Fantastic fun and gotta love that exhaust note. Nice one Kev. :cheers:

No idea how much time I'm looking for but don't care at this point. More laps.... :gtpflag:

Wes... time to go shopping I think mate. :sly:

Crazy crazy crazy fun! Absolutely loving it this! A few more laps and the seconds are coming off now... Slowly getting to grips with the speeds and brake points....

New splits:

Noooo!!!
My favourite car of ALL TIME (in RL) and there's almost no way I can get some laps in this week.

Sick combo Kevin. Comfort tires are just cruel, but in a really, really good way ;)
Is this a drift event? :lol:

Last edited:
Great combo, very tricky drive. Can see this getting a tad frustrating by Friday unless I start nailing the braking points.

T1 14.565
T2 20.933

Edit:

T1 14.688
T2 20.660

Last edited:
T2 20.660

With a DS3? :crazy: Not being funny Lou but check you're on the right tyres and aint got SRF on. If so, well...., bloody amazing mate. 👍

Last sector is mental and cause of much twitching and panicking. :P

...almost no way....
:sly:

Last edited:
First lap, straight into the wall! pfft!

:lol: Yeah, I did a few of those when I started testing at this track. It's like Hong Kong or New York Reverse in the GT4 days. Someone would bite it on one of those pit walls at every LAN event. :dopey:

Are you able to take the kink leading up to T2 flat out? The back really wanted to kick out on me there, and I was giving a little lift so I could finish some laps. That's what I like about the Comfort tires, besides the fact that they are spectacularly noisy, they made every nuance of the track quite tricky.

EDK
:lol: Yeah, I did a few of those when I started testing at this track. It's like Hong Kong or New York Reverse in the GT4 days. Someone would bite it on one of those pit walls at every LAN event. :dopey:

Are you able to take the kink leading up to T2 flat out? The back really wanted to kick out on me there, and I was giving a little lift so I could finish some laps. That's what I like about the Comfort tires, besides the fact that they are spectacularly noisy, they made every nuance of the track quite tricky.

Nooo, definatley not... I can't anyway, its more of a throttle moderation jobbie, and just hope its sticks and dosent go flying into the right hand wall, the back still wants to kick out, but I'm just trying to keep as straight as possible.

Nooo, definatley not... I can't anyway, its more of a throttle moderation jobbie, and just hope its sticks and dosent go flying into the right hand wall, the back still wants to kick out, but I'm just trying to keep as straight as possible.

Good, that's what I was hoping for. ;)

:lol:

I might do a video of a few attempts to take it flat out before I decided it wasn't possible. I hope I have one in particular saved... complete 360 spin without hitting the wall. Laughed quite a bit after that one. Great combo Kevin. :D

:lol:

I might do a video of a few attempts to take it flat out before I decided it wasn't possible. I hope I have one in particular saved... complete 360 spin without hitting the wall. Laughed quite a bit after that one. Great combo Kevin. :D

I'm glad it hasnt just been me then thats been spinning 360 on that corner, smashing the wall, not stopping and hitting the end wall backwards! :banghead:

Me to. keep pushing it trying to get more, but i think i nailed it in the first couple laps. That kink is going to be "a great lap killer" many times before this week is up.I can smell it :)

Vagabond
With a DS3? :crazy: Not being funny Lou but check you're on the right tyres and aint got SRF on. If so, well...., bloody amazing mate. 👍

I checked again and its all ok. I've had a few 20.8's and a 20.7 through there so far but the t2 on my current splits is my pb.
I think I just nailed the final right before the uphill section - didn't drop below 64 and got the braking done early and just drove it round working the throttle.
Final corner isn't great so probably made some time in sector 2 by not hitting the braking point for the last corner lol.

Cool - another torque monster 👍 great little short track run before we get the GTA :)

T1: 14.560
T2: 21.132

------------------ UPDATE ----------------------

Just hit a grand slam and came up w/ this :)

T1: 14.502
T2: 21.037

Last edited:
...almost no way I can get some laps in this week.
Unfortunately Chris, in this case almost = virtually no chance. I'm just doing my best to be positve, and optimistic.:sly:

When GT5 came out I took the chromeline Cobra around every track in cockpit view (OK, almost every track-not the ovals) and I couldn't have imagined a better way to start the game off :D
In GT4 I actually ran the Cobra in the A spec 24 hrs of nurburgring. If I was going to do it, I was certainly going to do it in style - serious style.
It took 15 days or something, but I had to get the FGT somehow :lol:

Had a go at this and to be honest I'm not thrilled.
Had a 1h session and I only completed 2 laps, and to make matters worse my best lap so far is lap 2.
It's nothing special, a low 35.0xx (.4/.6). Scrapped a 34.7xx and haven't seen a .3 in T1 at all.
Don't know if I'll return to this, hence I'm not putting splits up.

EDIT:
Had a 30 minute session before bed, kinda cracked this combo. 👍

Last edited:
I feel the same haha :P I just run it for an hour and can take no more for now, well... until therapy is over anyway :dopey: so far my best has...

I've been faster at both splits! but always over cook the last turn and go 4 tyres on the green stuff :ouch: will try again before the week is over but it's not exactly fun racing on these gripless tyres and failing every other lap :indiff:

Have fun anyway guys and good luck for the Academy! may the force be with you :sly:

I feel the same haha :P I just run it for an hour and can take no more for now, well... until therapy is over anyway :dopey: so far my best has...

I've been faster at both splits! but always over cook the last turn and go 4 tyres on the green stuff :ouch: will try again before the week is over but it's not exactly fun racing on these gripless tyres and failing every other lap :indiff:

Have fun anyway guys and good luck for the Academy! may the force be with you :sly:

Green is track mate, although I don't use it.
Looks like it's going to be a good week. :D :cheers: (looks like i can't read:dunce:)
Yes, I felt the same way but give it another go, once you get the hang of it it's kinda fun... I mean, at least you can push it harder when you get used to burning rubber in 4th gear. ._.

Back