GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 64 : Car Control 101

• Thread starter EDK
  • 202 comments
I think this one could be all about that last corner, actually getting the car to stop in time to get it round and a good exit, I'm like weeeeeee, into the green stuff

I think this one could be all about that last corner, actually getting the car to stop in time to get it round and a good exit, I'm like weeeeeee, into the green stuff

My thoughts exactly.
All my .7 T2s are ruined by overshooting the last corner, I find it kinda funny that I've improved only by 0.006 at T2 from my orginal splits.
My PBs tell me I could do a .6 but doing so with a respectable T3 is a bit tough.
Also, the corner which is giving me most trouble so far is the corner after T1, not getting the tires red there is the key for a good sector. And considering that the apex here is very tricky it's easier said than done.

Also, I've tried without AS and there is no way you can do the uphill corner after T1 flat out without it, hence I'm forced to use it (even though I don't like it, takes away precision).

Hey Al:
Big improvement over the last few weeks! Is it the wheel or do you have a burr under the saddle. :lol:

It's a Burr! LOL, no idea what is going on, I am just starting to feel the car more I guess.

Al

This is possibly the worst combo possible for time trialing.
I'm very close to pulling out, had enough of this 🤬 car burning rubber at 150km/h. Stupid car, awful tires.
I wonder what's next, F40 on comfort hards?

This is possibly the worst combo possible for time trialing.
I'm very close to pulling out, had enough of this 🤬 car burning rubber at 150km/h. Stupid car, awful tires.
I wonder what's next, F40 on comfort hards?

Sure you want to go down this road?

I like to change it up, and this is just one example of that. I can promise you the tires that would have been on a '66 Cobra are certainly no better than the ones I've put you on, and are in reality probably much worse.

Don't like it, don't participate. But don't come in here complaining about the selection and criticizing it.

EDK

I like to change it up, and this is just one example of that. I can promise you the tires that would have been on a '66 Cobra are certainly no better than the ones I've put you on, and are in reality probably much worse.

Don't like it, don't participate. But don't come in here complaining about the selection and criticizing it.

You know it Kevin. Most of us are so used to driving around town and on the freeways at speeds well below the limits of traction our cars and tires offer. Most people have no clue what it would be like if we pushed them to the limits. Try taking that corner down the street at 110mph and see how many of your neighbors fences you take out.

I love this combo because it juxtaposes racing a sports car on tires you get at your local tire store against a true race car on race tires.

Keep up the good work.

OK, 20 laps, going to be chaseing some people. Al, off to a great start bud!

EDK

I can sympathize with Fobia because I never could handle the Cobra or the slippery tires. But, that just is a fault in my style! All-in-all the races put for us are very good and I commend you all for it. Keep up the good work!! 👍

First splits from yesterday:-

I'll have a go at beating them later on which I should be able to do as I've been quite a bit faster than this in T2 on some other laps.:)

A small improvement:-

Hopefully I can knock a little more off yet, we'll see.:)

Hi all,

Can anyone pls help me, RACE #63 was my first race however my laptime has been rejected 3 times, I really wanted to get on the leaderboard.

Pls can a moderator help get my time on the board?

I had a look at the PM's sent to the Fetchbot and found your PM's.

You sent: x'xx.xxx

You should have sent: Time: x'xx.xxx

I'll bring it up with the other admin to get it sorted.

Update:-

I'm happy with this lap but they may be a little more in it so I'll try again another day.:sly:

Last edited:
I had a look at the PM's sent to the Fetchbot and found your PM's.

You sent: x'xx.xxx

You should have sent: Time: x'xx.xxx

I'll bring it up with the other admin to get it sorted.

Thanks Speedy, I do remember submitting it 3 times and on the 3rd time including Time: so i'll appear on the board? Yipee!

What was the respons the Fetchbot gave you on that last PM with 'Time:' included?

Hey Speedy - Your private message could not be processed due to an invalid body. Please make sure you follow the guidelines outlined in the WRS thread and try again.

just checked the message and it was sent yesterday 5:05pm and it was in this format
Time: 1'00:000

That's weird because the last PM seems perfectly in order. Title and body.

Don't worry, it'll get sorted.

just checked the message and it was sent yesterday 5:05pm and it was in this format
Time: 1'00:000
Ah yes, now I see.

Don't do 1'00:000 but 1'00.000

Ah i see ok, BUT are you able to get the time submitted now that the deadline is passed?

Speedy is the 'magician' with the all seeying eye, he can fix everything ;)

New splits ;

Last edited:
:odd: mmmmmmk... how do you brake with this car? Traditional ways don't seem to work.

I use engine braking for the first corner, just downshift to 1st gear while braking hard. My braking point for that corner is the horisontal line on the asphalt.
I use ABS 10, brake balance 10/6, AS on strong and I use driving line (shows how utterly useless I am on this track :ouch:).

Think I'm at my limits here, haven't adjusted brakes or anything but I do have TC: 2, otherwise I wouldn't have a complete lap yet.

Back