GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 64 : Car Control 101

• Thread starter EDK
  • 202 comments
Hi everyone glad to be back and able to post some times. Granted they are not great as usual but here they are.

Having fun with this slippery little sucker.

Since no one has posted for quite a while, does that mean everyone is busy with the GT Academy stuff and won't be running the WRS much more this week? I certainly wouldn't mind if that is the case as I might be able to get a division win.:sly:

I'm not doing GT Academy, I won't even download that disgrace - main reason beeing the absence of Serbia in country leaderboards, I understand the exclusion of my country from the competition but from a simple thing such as a leaderboard? Disgrace, I'm gutted.

As for this week's WRS, I hit my magic lap and there's no point chasing those 0.070 I've left on the track (mainly because my ghost just keeps pulling away :grumpy:).

Disgrace? :S

sorry for going off topic but I would like to know why it's a disgrace..

Disgrace? :S

sorry for going off topic but I would like to know why it's a disgrace..

I added info.

A note to WRS - thank you admins and leaders of this beautiful competition for making this great series and for allowing me to race under my flag.
Thanks again.

Well they can't add everyone, it's a bit much calling it a disgrace.

--------------------------------------------------

Edit to reply at below message:

I dont think they pick countries by History, or how much they aid natural disasters.

Anyway, ending discussion, stupid argument is stupid and in wrong thread.

And I never said there is such thing as a less important country so maybe you should use your brain.

Last edited:
Well they can't add everyone, it's a bit much calling it a disgrace.

They can't add everyone?
I'm by no means a patriot but I do find that offensive.
My country has bigger history than most of the countries up there, yet not even sony of PD asknowledges our existence in digital form.
But when Japan suffered that disaster last year who gave them the most money? Oh yes, us.
Ungrateful people, sad.

This will be my last reply on the matter, you ought to use your brain a bit before typing nonsense. There isn't such a thing as a less important country (apart from countries who don't have supported independence by majority of the world but I don't want to start on Kosovo and Palestine).
Good day.

You can set the BB with the controller. 💡

I don't even see that as tuning since it's easy to change it with my DFGT.:sly:

Fobia was running 10/6 BB, ABS 10 and AS strong and he is the fastest so far so maybe try those settings.:) Mainly though it's best to try a few different settings and find something that works for you.

Okay finally starting to nail T1, let me go for a bit longer and I set another split time.

I don't even see that as tuning since it's easy to change it with my DFGT.:sly:

Fobia was running 10/6 BB, ABS 10 and AS strong and he is the fastest so far so maybe try those settings.:) Mainly though it's best to try a few different settings and find something that works for you.

Exactly. Understeery brake balance to prevent the rear from steping out during heavy braking (turn 1), ABS 10 to stop sliding during corner entry under braking (turn 2), AS strong for beeing able to preserve throttle input (for turn 2) and TCS off (I tried TCS 1 but you lose at least 0.150 in first corner and up to 0.4 in last corner so do not use TCS).
Need any more info I'll be more than glad to help.

Right, just did another lap.

S1: 0:14.417
S2: 0:20.546

could probably get another S2 a bit quicker but not without ruining my last corner, and I don't think I can go any faster without putting aids on.

Great T2! :sly:
I've seen .3 in T2 a few times, but every time I got them I messed up T3. Most likely due to the fact that for .3 you need to brake later and therefore ruin your T3.
I found that the best option is to sacrifice T2 for the sake of T3, and my T3 is good, very good (at least for me).

I don't see .5 split as beeing possible, although I've messaged a certain friend of mine to join us for this week, therefore we'll see about that. With my best splits I'd get a T2 split of .606.576 and that's the main reason I've stopped running this event.
I'll only come back to running this event if someone either:
1) does the impossible and goes into .5
2) gets .050 faster splits than me

But for now I see my time as beeing extremy close to perfection, and I'm absolutely satisfied with it (the week's not over yet, I'm aware of that).

Last edited:
:lol: Spent the last 2 days testing GT300, DTM and Super Touring cars with lots of throttle mashing. I have no throttle control now and can't even finish a lap, never mind improve my time. :P

Reckon I'll come back tomorrow and have another go...

:lol: Spent the last 2 days testing GT300, DTM and Super Touring cars with lots of throttle mashing. I have no throttle control now and can't even finish a lap, never mind improve my time. :P

Reckon I'll come back tomorrow and have another go...

lol going from DTMs to a Cobra on comfort soft is probably a nightmare!:scared: :D
Goodluck on your next run!

@Twissy, I do understand the fact you are a bit upset, last year it happened to us (Belgians) aswell. You feel a part off a large community and yet you are excluded from some things....also not right in my opinion, but it has something to do with your goverment, (all the countries not included have an issue with some kind of law...).
On the other hand, do know that it is not so great after all....

I still find the WRS a bigger challenge, and still giving me a bigger thrill then anything else i have played in GT5.....

This car is a challenge to control and get around without banging the walls.
Too embarrassed to mention my times yet

@Twissy, I do understand the fact you are a bit upset, last year it happened to us (Belgians) aswell. You feel a part off a large community and yet you are excluded from some things....also not right in my opinion, but it has something to do with your goverment, (all the countries not included have an issue with some kind of law...).

I still find the WRS a bigger challenge, and still giving me a bigger thrill then anything else i have played in GT5.....

HUH? :confused:

Why would I be upset ?

@Fobia, I do understand the fact you are a bit upset, last year it happened to us (Belgians) aswell. You feel a part off a large community and yet you are excluded from some things....also not right in my opinion, but it has something to do with your goverment, (all the countries not included have an issue with some kind of law...).

A PSN account is required for GT Academy and therefore only countries where PSN is officially available show up in the online ranking. Unfortunately Serbia isn't among the 59 countries where PSN is officially available. PD has to follow the rules set by Sony.
A Sony lawyer would argue that only people from the 59 officially supported countries can login to the PSN. Creating a an account with a false country/region is a violation of the terms of service of the PSN.
TERMS OF SERVICE AND USER AGREEMENT
1. SONY ENTERTAINMENT NETWORK ACCOUNT REGISTRATION AND CHILDREN

You must create a Sony Entertainment Network account (either a PSN account or a SEN account) to participate in Sony Entertainment Network. All the information you give us during this account registration must be truthful and accurate.
I don't know how Sony decides which countries are part of the PSN, but the two main reasons are probably profitability and legal/political issues (media law,...).

HUH? :confused:

Why would I be upset ?

Lol wrong name :)

And yes Viper you are correct, last year Belgium could not enter from the start, this had something to do with the regularisation of bets, and online gaming, In Belgium you can only launch a competition like this if it is free for all citizens to compete.... The fact that you needed a copy of GT5 ruled that out, and therefore we could not compete. I opened a dutch account to compete but i new from the start that even if would make it (wich was unlikely) there would be no chance of entering the final....

I will leave it now for what it is, as we are getting off topic here.....

So on topic again :

I was able to gain 0.200 at the finish but no better sector times....

Last edited:
Think i've finally worked out your line Fobia ;)

14.407 (eww)
20.344 (nailed it)👍

Just need to work on that first corner again, seen some .6 at t2, but nerves get the better of me going round hairpin :nervous:

made a compromise :)

Last edited:
Back