GTP_WRS : Suggestions Box

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 1,032 comments
Bizarrely, one of the hardest corners for me is the first one. I had endless resets during my wk14 campaign. Maybe it's because most of the lap is simply about surviving rather than trying to maximise every last inch of tarmac, whereas I felt compelled to at least start the lap out well.

It was my first week in D2 as well and I was feeling the pressure, but I remember that a lot of people were just exhausted afterwards :lol: ... and then Chuk decided to drive across America in his Civic in wk15 - remember that?!?!?

Last edited:
Bizarrely, one of the hardest corners for me is the first one. I had endless resets during my wk14 campaign. Maybe it's because most of the lap is simply about surviving rather than trying to maximise every last inch of tarmac, whereas I felt compelled to at least start the lap out well.

It was my first week in D2 as well and I was feeling the pressure, but I remember that a lot of people were just exhausted afterwards :lol: ... and then Chuk decided to drive across America in his Civic in wk15 - remember that?!?!?

I remember week 15 very well, I racked up pretty close to what Chuk did. A very addictive week :D

So, I see that there are some Group B rally cars in the OCD at the moment Kevin. How about an advanced purchase warning on a Delta S4 or 205T16 with an eye to an event in the near future?

New OCD and it has some nice cars...
Wouldn't mind seeing a WRS with the Lancia Stratos - mostly because I can't drive this car at all and would like to get some additional seat time in it for a good reason.

Other interesting cars: BMW 2002 Turbo, DeLorean.

How about a Back to the future themed WRS, DeLorean on SSR5 (next best thing to driving around in a US town)?
Extra points for anyone who manages to leave burning rubber marks on the long straight.

Wouldn't mind seeing a WRS with the Lancia Stratos - mostly because I can't drive this car at all and would like to get some additional seat time in it for a good reason.

How about a Back to the future themed WRS, DeLorean on SSR5 (next best thing to driving around in a US town)?
Extra points for anyone who manages to leave burning rubber marks on the long straight.

I saw the new OCD after racing last night and already have a car idea. Thanks fir passing on your thoughts. You never know, the car I like might be one that you mention. ;)

As a twist to a multilap combo, how about two cars one track and it's the best total time that wins? You could even pick a track that allows the second lap to be run in reverse. Something along the lines of...

'The WRS Ryder Cup'

London Forward - Caterham Fireblade
London Reverse - Corvette ZR1 C6

I'm not a massive fan of London as a track, but you get the general idea.

I think that is a very cool idea 👍👍
Kinda like a personal tag team race.

Eiger Nordwand short (last seen week 7)

Forwards - Lancia Delta HF Intergrale Evoluzione (Arcade)
Backwards - Mine's BNR34 Skyline GT-R N1 Base (Arcade)

Thats Pretty much what i was coming in here to write. Well the Car anyway I had no idea on the track. I saw the Delorean the other day and snapped that up streight away. With a definate thought of a Back to the Future in my mind.

Thats Pretty much what i was coming in here to write. Well the Car anyway I had no idea on the track. I saw the Delorean the other day and snapped that up streight away. With a definate thought of a Back to the Future in my mind.

Delorean would be cool, but the next WRS will feature the '63 Corvette Racecar that I saw at Laguna last summer. ;)

IMG_4072.jpg

Nice Kev - I've just used that same car to win the Historic cup in A-spec...

PS. Quit posting in here and upload week 45 already :drool: :sly:

Nice Kev - I've just used that same car to win the Historic cup in A-spec...

PS. Quit posting in here and upload week 45 already :drool: :sly:

I have friends here and today has been beer day. The next WRS won't be up until about 12 hours from now.

Great week for a standard car, Kev. 👍 This thing's wheels already look pretty cool to me, but now we'll at least have the option of changing to something different, starting around Tues. I was flinging it around Spa today, can't wait to find out what track you've got picked. :cheers:

I know that I haven't been here long, and I also haven't read this whole thread, so I'll just leave a suggestion here:

WRS event: K TTrail. Eiger Nordwand K Trail (normal or reverse) in a modded Audi TT/TTS.

Everybody could use some rally practice! :D

I know that I haven't been here long, and I also haven't read this whole thread, so I'll just leave a suggestion here:

WRS event: K TTrail. Eiger Nordwand K Trail (normal or reverse) in a modded Audi TT/TTS.

Everybody could use some rally practice! :D

We did the W trail back in week 30. I suspect that the next rally event might be Chamonix :scared:

Little Lefty and I were at his boy scout meeting the other day and they give out recruiter patches to the kids if they get someone to join up and it hit me that we should have something like that.

Maybe when someone applies to join, maybe there could be a question asked of them as to the way they might have been persuaded to join and the recruiter could get a star to add to their sig.

Nice idea Lefty - always a good idea to keep recruits coming in.

Can I nominate the Ford Falcon XR8 on R1s for a future event please? Great fun to thrash on just about any track.... its in the OCD at the moment.

Vagabond
Nice idea Lefty - always a good idea to keep recruits coming in.

Can I nominate the Ford Falcon XR8 on R1s for a future event please? Great fun to thrash on just about any track.... its in the OCD at the moment.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the Falcon in the OCD. I would love to run it.👍

Agreed - took it for a quick run around Spa yesterday and it was epic, and was always an old favourite from GT4 around the 'Ring.

EDIT: is it a safe assumption that most people will be getting the next batch of DLC? Would love an event in the Golf R, but please Kev, not Madrid :sly:

Last edited:
Agreed - took it for a quick run around Spa yesterday and it was epic, and was always an old favourite from GT4 around the 'Ring.

EDIT: is it a safe assumption that most people will be getting the next batch of DLC? Would love an event in the Golf R, but please Kev, not Madrid :sly:

I don't think it's a safe assumption, but that doesn't mean a DLC car can't be used for WRS. I personally have decided not to buy the latest DLC, but I would have no problem if Kevin uses one of the cars for the WRS. It's my choice not to buy it so who am I to prevent you guys from enjoying and taking advantage of your purchase.

As far as DLC, I'm on strike and will not cross the picket lines until PD releases more tracks. OK, I will cross the picket lines only if they release a set of 2011 Super GT cars via DLC.

Carlos Fandango

Nordschleife would be great in the Falcon.

I will be picking up the DLC and with the unlock for all accounts from the store we don't have to decide which account to DL it to.

I don't think it's a safe assumption, but that doesn't mean a DLC car can't be used for WRS. I personally have decided not to buy the latest DLC, but I would have no problem if Kevin uses one of the cars for the WRS. It's my choice not to buy it so who am I to prevent you guys from enjoying and taking advantage of your purchase.

As far as DLC, I'm on strike and will not cross the picket lines until PD releases more tracks. OK, I will cross the picket lines only if they release a set of 2011 Super GT cars via DLC.

Understand Tim - had it not been for the Golf R I'm not sure I'd be buying it either. However, since the 2.02 update, DLC cars are available in the Dealerships once the DLC pack is purchased. This will allow me to buy the car in-game multiple times, and just maybe, gift one to a friend :mischievous:

A few days later edit: Seems that everyone is raving about the Toyota GT86 that we got with the 2.02 update. Haven't driven it myself yet, but how about it around GVE reverse?

Last edited:
As the two year anniversary of the original GT5 Time Trial Demo for GT Academy approaches, how about a combo with a 370Z at Indy Road? The car may have to be something like the Fairlady Z (Z34) '08, for ease of acquisition.

As the two year anniversary of the original GT5 Time Trial Demo for GT Academy approaches, how about a combo with a 370Z at Indy Road? The car may have to be something like the Fairlady Z (Z34) '08, for ease of acquisition.

👍

That actually sounds fun. Never really thought it would ever again. 👍

Hello WRS admins (Kevin and maybe some others).
I have a proposal to make concerning a change in rules. My proposal is to enable the use of clutch for WRS events.

I don't know why the use of clutch is prohibited but I assume the reason is unfair competition between people who can afford a high-end (three pedal) wheel and people with a two pedal wheel or even between people how drive manual in real life and people that are not used to having a third pedal at all. But isn't it already unfair that some can afford a wheel while others play with a controller? Also isn't it unfair that some people use the DFGT while others T500RS or the Fanatec ones? problem solved with the nice icons in wrs.gtplanet.net and signatures so there are 2 parallel leagues: wheel and dualshock. My suggestion is to add a third league (the icon can be a 3-pedal set) which is clutch users and since many people may like left foot braking (whatever wheel they own) i whould suggest the it's optional to be a clutch user or not.

My reason for this suggestion is (besides now owning a g27) I like to feel the "extra" realism using the clutch and right foot braking since it feels weird to move the shifter without pressing the cluch or using the paddles in a classic car. If there is "cheating" by using the clutch to rev more or do faster shifts everyone in the clutch users league while be equal able to use that and I don't think is cheating in any way.

So what do you think about it?

Hello WRS admins (Kevin and maybe some others).
I have a proposal to make concerning a change in rules. My proposal is to enable the use of clutch for WRS events.

I don't know why the use of clutch is prohibited but I assume the reason is unfair competition between people who can afford a high-end (three pedal) wheel and people with a two pedal wheel or even between people how drive manual in real life and people that are not used to having a third pedal at all. But isn't it already unfair that some can afford a wheel while others play with a controller? Also isn't it unfair that some people use the DFGT while others T500RS or the Fanatec ones? problem solved with the nice icons in wrs.gtplanet.net and signatures so there are 2 parallel leagues: wheel and dualshock. My suggestion is to add a third league (the icon can be a 3-pedal set) which is clutch users and since many people may like left foot braking (whatever wheel they own) i whould suggest the it's optional to be a clutch user or not.

My reason for this suggestion is (besides now owning a g27) I like to feel the "extra" realism using the clutch and right foot braking since it feels weird to move the shifter without pressing the cluch or using the paddles in a classic car. If there is "cheating" by using the clutch to rev more or do faster shifts everyone in the clutch users league while be equal able to use that and I don't think is cheating in any way.

So what do you think about it?

We think the clutch offers an unfair advantage to those that have it over those who don't.

While your examples are somewhat relevant, we don't want to introduce this additional variable into WRS competition at this time.

Back