GTP_WRS : Suggestions Box

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 1,032 comments
Thanks Kevin for the quick reply, I hope this will be added sometime in the future meanwhile I should learn how to drive manual anyway (even with paddles I'm really slow) :)

My wish is quite short.

Suzuka with a NSX Type R on hard sports. It's been long enough. Might even lure some of the Aliens to participate

Last edited:
EDK
Any objections to a wet track?

I was about to suggest that but it will be difficult to work out on the settings and the amount of the track water, as they are based on luck. If you have found out, you know what week 49 should be ;)

I was about to suggest that but it will be difficult to work out on the settings and the amount of the track water, as they are based on luck. If you have found out, you know what week 49 should be ;)

Not quite sure what you mean, but the replay shows the actual amount, and it's possible to set the actual amount. Are you saying getting to the optimum amount of water requires luck?

I know what week 49 should be, but it's not going to be this. We have a prior obligation.

Suz will probably be more like week 51.

I would love a Special Event based week.
We haven't had those since Week 26 if I'm correct.

I like using the special events that force Skid Recovery Force to "Off".

Some of them have AI on the track with you, and I've avoided those, so far. In the past, weeks with AI have been highly unpopular in WRS, due to the difficulty of getting through cleanly.

Any thoughts from the group on a week with AI on track?

Settings would be easily sorted. Weather, surface water can be set with 0 weather changeability. :sly:

All for wet track trial 👍 :nervous:

EDK
Not quite sure what you mean, but the replay shows the actual amount, and it's possible to set the actual amount. Are you saying getting to the optimum amount of water requires luck?

I know what week 49 should be, but it's not going to be this. We have a prior obligation.

Suz will probably be more like week 51.

I like using the special events that force Skid Recovery Force to "Off".

Some of them have AI on the track with you, and I've avoided those, so far. In the past, weeks with AI have been highly unpopular in WRS, due to the difficulty of getting through cleanly.

Any thoughts from the group on a week with AI on track?
I don't mind at all..

I want Spa every other week :) even in the wet and/or in the dark.

I was thinking Spa for the wet event, but this sentiment for Suz will likely win out.

We'll be back at Spa in the next 6 weeks or so.

Having AI sounds ok. Some more possibles are in the licence tests, any S licence or ??10 test

Can I suggest the McLaren F1 and Cote d'Azur as a combo in the future? I remember darting around there on that track a few months back, so exhilarating going at such high speeds on the narrow streets, would definitely test people's metal :)

The SLS around any of the Nurb tracks is also sheer enjoyment.

Suzuka wet in an NSX sounds outstanding Kevin

McLaren F1 anywhere would be great Biffy - how about Spa so it can stretch it's legs? Shame its not in the arcade selection so we could run it completely standard 👍

SLS at Nurb reminds me too much of the qualifier :nervous:, but we are due another Nordschleife event soon aren't we (unless that's where the Alfa event is)? We haven't used the 24hr layout yet either...

Would also like another Nascar event where we get to pick one of the 2011 cars (choice a secret as before) - Maybe the next Laguna Seca even Kev? ;)

EDIT: Two birds with one stone!!! NASCAR 2011 at the 24Hr 'Ring - one of the early seasonals was NASCAR at the 'Ring and it was immense fun. Pretty please? All in favour say "I" :D

Last edited:
SLS at Nurb reminds me too much of the qualifier :nervous:, but we are due another Nordschleife event soon aren't we (unless that's where the Alfa event is)?

And before someone recommends the McLaren Mercedes instead: that would remind me too much of mission 34 :nervous:

My guess for the Alfa event is Monza no chicane!

The 'Ring at night with heavy rain and a monster car? :sly:

Wow, that would be awesome! Might make it hard to check replays, though :P

Next week is surely the nurburgring! :)

I want to race that nismo 380 superleggera at suzuka too

Eiger reverse is next to GVE reverse, and RX7 is next to the M3.
Should we expect autumn ring reverse and Impreza WRX STi for week 50? :sly:

Eiger reverse is next to GVE reverse, and RX7 is next to the M3.
Should we expect autumn ring reverse and Impreza WRX STi for week 50? :sly:

That was pure coincidence.

Both AR Reverse and the STI have already been used, so no, that won't be week 50.

Kev, are there any tracks we havent been to yet??
Since the WRS for GT5 was started that is?
Special stage Route 7 in something sporty maybe for me??

Kev, are there any tracks we havent been to yet??
Since the WRS for GT5 was started that is?
Special stage Route 7 in something sporty maybe for me??

Well, the reverse and mini versions of some tracks have not been visited yet. (Clubman being a mini version). We have not been to the Daytona Oval or the Indy Superspeedway. Same with Rally tracks, we have not been to all of them.

As far as the base version of any given track, yes, SSR7 would be one that stands out. But to be honest, I've never really seen it as an opportunity for Time Trials. I thought it was just where these guys like to hang out. What is there, one particularly difficult corner?

You guys let me know if I'm under analyzing it.

I think there's 2 hairpins at either end and a few curved areas. I wouldn't see it being much fun for a combo, for me personally anyway.

Hi Kev, I think with SSR7 it really depends on the car of choice, using something that only reaches about 300kph is fairly simple as all the bends can be taken at or near flat out. Choosing a car with little downforce that pushes 370+ becomes tricky to judge how much and where to brake while keeping good lines.
If we do the SSR7 in the wet however then 300k cars are more my limit.

Back