GTP_WRS : Suggestions Box

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 1,032 comments
I was trying the Autozam on Kart Space last night, on sport softs with level 3 engine upgrade, max intake and exhaust upgrades. Might have some potential, just sayin', y'know.

Some suggestions for the tracks we haven't been to yet...

Arcade selection:
Clubman SSR5
- McLaren MP4-12C / Sport softs
- Mercedes SLS AMG / sports mediums
- Shelby Cobra / sports softs

Monza (no chicane)
- Shelby Cobra / sports hards
- 2011 Dale Jr Nascar / race hards

Le Sarthe (w/chicanes) WET
- Pagani Zonda R / race inters and set track moisture to 50%

GT Mode selection: (all cars are premium)
Nurburgring 24h
- 2011 NASCAR of choice / race hards
- Cusco Dunlop Impreza / sports softs
- TVR Tuscan Speed 6 RM / race hards
- RUF BTR / sports softs (there's one in the OCD at the moment ;))

Monza (no chicane)
- McLaren F1 / sports hards
- Ferrari Enzo / sports hards

Clubman SSR5
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI TM SCP '99 / sports mediums
- Lotus Elise 111R RM / sports softs

Will see if any more come to mind, problem is I can never remember what the Arcade car selection is.

Last edited:
Some suggestions for the tracks we haven't been to yet...

Arcade selection:
Clubman SSR5
- McLaren MP4-12C / Sport softs
- Mercedes SLS AMG / sports mediums
- Shelby Cobra / sports softs

Monza (no chicane)
- Shelby Cobra / sports hards
- 2011 Dale Jr Nascar / race hards

Le Sarthe (w/chicanes) WET
- Pagani Zonda R / race inters and set track moisture to 50%

GT Mode selection:
Nurburgring 24h
- 2011 NASCAR of choice / race hards
- Cusco Dunlop Impreza (P) / sports softs
- TVR Tuscan Speed 6 RM / race hards
- RUF BTR / sports softs (there's one in the OCD at the moment ;))

Monza (no chicane)
- McLaren F1 / sports hards

Will see if any more come to mind, problem is I can never remember what the Arcade car selection is.

Is this your, "Let's See if I can get EDK Impeached" suggestion list? :scared:

I'll give some of this a try, but the Arcade Mode suggestions in particular all look like pretty tough combos. :crazy:

On the GT Mode suggestions, it's good to test and find out how much the power can be upgraded without being detected. For a non-turbo car, that's how much power with all the other upgrades. And then you have to see if you like it as well as you did when it was stock. ;)

Thanks Tim - I'm such a :dunce:

LMAO Kev - Every week the combo is tough :lol: At the end of the day, we're trying to drive to the limit of the car/track/tyres aren't we? Agree that maybe SSR5 in a Cobra is a bit ambitious :D but Monza (no chicanes) in a NASCAR is surely no harder than the Indy road course event in the same cars is it? And Clubman SSR5 is a simpler track to the full SSR5, and look at the monster you gave us to tame in wk19 :scared: :sly:

Will try some of combos when I get a chance, and will heed your advice about power upgrades with detection methods. Just seems a shame that there are 1000+ cars in the game and we can't run the majority of them as the manufacturer intended because of the limited data available in the replay (I know I'm preaching to the choir here).

I will try out my preferences though and will PM you. Won't be for a week or two though :cheers:

Kevin, I may be wrong but I have the impression that for non arcade weeks you limit the car choice to either premiums or what's in the OCD -- that's quite understandable if that's the case. But if you, or anybody else for that matter, have an idea of a great combo involving a standard car, it might not be necessary to wait for it to appear in the OCD.

With an advance notice of only a couple of days, it would be possible to form a "chain" of donation between members interested in participating in that particular combo so that everyone would have the same car. I haven't been around long, so this might already have happened, in which case... don't mind me! :D

Last edited:
I have a humble suggestion for futur events :), i was looking at something in arcade mode and decided to try 2-3 cars combo for fun, was trying to find something fun to drive that doesnt require tuning.

Heres a combo i think would be interresting.

-Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06 from arcade mode only garage.
On Nurburgring Nordschleife track.
NrburgringNordschleife_12.jpg

First time i ever tried that car and i was surprised how smooth it is on this track, i think its a good mix of power, grip, control and gearing.

2nd suggestion would be the same track... :dopey:, but using the Lexus ISF also from arcade mode in the arcade only garage...
NrburgringNordschleife_10-1.jpg

Its a little more tricky to drive than the DB9, but also fun to drive and sound great.

Had an online one make race using the HighEnd G37 on sport hard tyres, still gave plenty of grip decent amount of power and should work well almost anywhere. It is also in the arcade list with eight colours to choose from :)

Just realised, we've gone a whole year without running a Ferrari! Assume that this is a result of too few cars available in Prologue and so they were run regularly there?

Just realised, we've gone a whole year without running a Ferrari! Assume that this is a result of too few cars available in Prologue and so they were run regularly there?

Not exactly that simple.

The only one available in Arcade mode is the F40. :scared:

In order to use one in GT mode, we would need to max out the Power and Weight, making them not very fun to drive.

Hopefully PD will eventually put up a TT event that I'll be able to wrap one into, keeping things fair for all while making the car drivable.

EDK
Not exactly that simple.

The only one available in Arcade mode is the F40. :scared:

In order to use one in GT mode, we would need to max out the Power and Weight, making them not very fun to drive.

Hopefully PD will eventually put up a TT event that I'll be able to wrap one into, keeping things fair for all while making the car drivable.

Of course :dunce: - keep forgetting about transparency of car performance

I`m tuning actually the UCD car:
Toyota wedssport celica `03: 411 HP - 6900 RPM/ 386 ft-lb 4500 RPM / 1050 KG / aero 35-50 / 573PP

And here is the car we are using for the WRS 54:
Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI `93: 434 HP-11500 RPM/227 ft-lb-7500 RPM /1010KG / aero 35 -60 / 557PP.

You can note a 16PP difference between the cars , i don´t understand this PD math, the logical is the Celica have less PP , OK this is not the point i want to show.

Just to test the tune of my Celica, i race it against my Alfa WRS54 ghost .
The cars stay in the same second during all the Nurburgring V lap. With a similar grip ,retake and top speed.
Of course the sensation of the FR is different of the FWD, but they have exactly the same performance.

Then , i thought that in the future somebody want to organize a WRS or any other race with same level cars , those 2 must be on the top of the list. Fantastic drive really

Here is the tune for who want to check this and also have a great driving pleasure. Race your Alfa WRS 54 ghost too, you will like the fun challenge.

Toyota wedssport celica `03: 411 HP - 6900 RPM/ 386 ft-lb 4500 RPM / 1050 KG / aero 35-50 / 573PP

Part to install : HIGH RPM TURBO 3 KIT

Gears: Tranny trick , max speed upper right corner 318 kmh = 198 mph

Drivetrain: (front/rear)
LSD: rear:5/14/5
Torque Split: 00/100

Suspension: (front/rear)
Ride Height: -25/-20
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 16.0/15.5
Dampers Extension: 9/9
Dampers Compression: 6/7
Anti-Roll Bars: 1/2
Camber: 2.2/1.8
Toe: -0.02/0.14

Brake Balance (front/rear): 5/7

ABS 1

Enjoy.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Might be nice to occasionally have a WRS that has a resonance with a real life motorsport event at the same time. Some examples might be...

- Wk66 to coincide with the Indy 500 - Formula Gran Turismo at Indianapolis (Sports Hard tyres??)
- Wk67 to coincide with Monaco GP - Ferrari F10/F2007 at Cote d'Azur
- Wk70 to coincide with Le Mans - Corvette ZR1 RM (C6) at La Sarthe (might also be fun in a fully tuned Ferrari F40 as an LM GT/E replica)
- Wk76 to coincide with Brickyard 400 - 2011 NASCAR of choice at Indianapolis
- Wk79 to coincide with the Monterey Motorsports Reunion - any old race car at Laguna Seca (Shelby Cobra, Ferrari 330, Jag XJ13, Ford Mk IV, RM '69 Camaro, RM '70 Challenger etc.)
- Wk81 to coincide with Belgian GP - Ferrari F10/F2007 at Spa
- Wk88 to coincide with the WTCC event at Japan - BMW 320i Touring Car at Suzuka East (same track as the real event that weekend)

Just a thought...

Last edited:
Some nice cheap options there Jon :-)

I like the idea of the 320 touring car the most....if it wasn't a pain to acquire!

The combo Id like is as follows:

Corvette Z06 @ Laguna Seca

or...the Viper with the spoiler.

Last edited:
Give me solutions not problems Matt :sly:

Admitedly some of the classics are out of reach, but most of the others are attainable - just look how many people posted splits for wk49 (...47 to save you looking ;))

The Ferrari F10 is Cr.10m, same as the Alfa. And have you cashed in your B-spec guys recently?

The Corvette at Laguna would be fun as well, but we could run that anytime - I just wondered whether running an event at the same time as the real one might spark some extra interest and discussion.

How about one of the admins create a track with the Track Editor then uploads for us to download and race on? Could this be a possibility?

I've never played around with the track editor before so I don't know if this would be possible or not, just throwing an idea how there.

I was going to suggest a NASCAR road course combo, but I see it was done in Wk. 10 and I missed it.

Maybe a RUF combo if one of them happens to pop up in the OCD again. :sly:

How about one of the admins create a track with the Track Editor then uploads for us to download and race on? Could this be a possibility?

I've never played around with the track editor before so I don't know if this would be possible or not, just throwing an idea how there.

Wouldn't be difficult. It's just a matter of getting everyone added as friends of that admin to be able to use to the track.

Nissan 240RS Rally Car at Toscana or Chamonix West.

That is one of the most fun undedog rally cars in the game. I have setup the car to a good rally tune and ran the rally Special Events with it, getting first in all of them. It's on the OCD right now.

Mike, your idea gets my vote 👍

GTPorsche
I was going to suggest a NASCAR road course combo, but I see it was done in Wk. 10 and I missed it.

Maybe a RUF combo if one of them happens to pop up in the OCD again. :sly:

Wouldn't be difficult. It's just a matter of getting everyone added as friends of that admin to be able to use to the track.

3D3_Racing would speed matters up somewhat, there ... Not everybody yet, but still a popular lad.

Regarding the RUF combo, I have two words for you:

Maxed. Yellowbird.

/runsandhides

I thought the same with 3D3 racing. We'll be messing around with the idea over the next few weeks.

I like the idea of a good custom track. This is one I made a few months ago that works very well for mid-low powered cars. It is about 2'00 of technical sections and another min of high speed sections at the start and end of the track. I haven't run the track in a while but had run 60 or so cars in time trial. Most enjoyable in a car that gets a little oversteer like the Elise 111R.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=231039

Hey everyone, I haven't been here too long so don't really feel i should be making suggestions but thought id share a few ideas.

Out of all the cars I've driven in gt, I've spent the least time in RR's. Probably due to a lack of skill as i find them tricky to control. It would be good to run maybe an old RUF (as suggested) at a track with a tricky elevation change like laguna to see peoples tunes to prevent the back stepping out, and to see what's possible from the d1 guys.

Also I quite like the old ferrari - I think its the 512 or something like that, from the 70s. I've never tried a tune but would be quite fun to give it a lap around somewhere - like autumn ring or grand valley possibly.

Cheers

Louis

I already have a good setup for a fully tuned Yellowbird. :sly:

I also need to figure out who I don't have added on PSN/SEN. I don't think I have any of the WRS admins.

I haven't made many suggestions thus far... spend most of my GT time on the current week WRS combo :sly: I tried a car/track I've not run before this evening and loved it... Acura NSX '91 Race Modified - all tuning parts, stage 3 engine tune, R1 tyres @ Sarthe 2005.

F40 or Zonda R soon....please? ;)

Would prefer to not race at Monza but the Fezzo would kinda fit nicely there, however my preference would be Spa or Cape Ring (full).

Zonda R? Le Mans, Spa or Cape Ring (full)

Aside from the car desire - I am longing for some Laguna Seca love and I am strongly siding with either a ZR1 or Viper - would prefer arcade mode but I think that limits the options ridiculously, so therefore...ZR1 OR Viper SRT10 + tuning on S3s @ Laguna multilapper? (2 laps perhaps) - alternative being the Ford GT!

:D

Last edited:
How about doing some GT Academy here?
If there is something good in the next rounds, we can implement that in here, since all the choices about savin replays etc. are available there!

Back