GTP_WRS : Suggestions Box

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 1,032 comments
Rally suspension on a road car could make sense some time, in a non-tuner. I haven't tried it myself enough so keeping it vague.
I wouldn't mind another 4WD combo. The ZZII at Matterhorn was fun. Maybe some rally car on tarmac.
I can do some testing and come up with something more specific.
I did my best to incorporate your suggestions into this week.

I tested the rally suspension on the car, and the only difference between it and stock is stiffer springs. Stock was more fun and I think faster as well.

et_
May I suggest:
Lexus LFA Nürburgring Package '12 at Special Stage Route 5.
Called: "The Law of Screaming" (Lexus is latin for "law", and screaming... well its a LFA!)

Tire choice and other parameters I'll leave up to you, but the car should be stock, no tuning allowed.:)

edit: maybe "A Night of Screaming":)
City is due soon, and not a track we have used on GT6. Will give this a try.

TIME CHANGE

Utilize the clock feature on the tracks that allow it. Racing while the sun is coming up over the trees or having it set at the end of a straight is pretty 🤬 cool. I would like to race at night, but too many people get scared of racing in the dark (even though a bunch of tracks have lights to see perfectly fine) and can't handle the pressure, so just playing around with the clock while keeping it light enough to see the track without too much darkness would be a nice change of pace.

WEATHER CHANGE

I've played around with the weather settings a lot too. I've noticed that if you set the track to have a little bit of weather but not have the surface wet at the start will do some things with the lighting too. Sometimes it starts sunny then switches to overcast, then back to sunny again. Depending on the length of the race, you may not even get any rain; and if there is, it really doesn't change the track conditions for the people who are afraid of a wet road.

:gtpflag:

TIME CHANGE

Utilize the clock feature on the tracks that allow it. Racing while the sun is coming up over the trees or having it set at the end of a straight is pretty 🤬 cool. I would like to race at night, but too many people get scared of racing in the dark (even though a bunch of tracks have lights to see perfectly fine) and can't handle the pressure, so just playing around with the clock while keeping it light enough to see the track without too much darkness would be a nice change of pace.

WEATHER CHANGE

I've played around with the weather settings a lot too. I've noticed that if you set the track to have a little bit of weather but not have the surface wet at the start will do some things with the lighting too. Sometimes it starts sunny then switches to overcast, then back to sunny again. Depending on the length of the race, you may not even get any rain; and if there is, it really doesn't change the track conditions for the people who are afraid of a wet road.

:gtpflag:

You would have loved this then...we all did :bowdown:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...22-the-grip-sensei-returns-june-25-28.311693/

TIME CHANGE

The new Seasonal Event that started this week at Matterhorn is a perfect example. The time is set at 20:40 and the sun is setting over the mountains. The lights on the track are switched on to help with the shadows when the sun is not bright enough to reach around the hilltop.

Reminds me a bit of driving from the Great Lakes to Florida down I-75 (mountains not as big, but still mountains).

et_
May I suggest:
Lexus LFA Nürburgring Package '12 at Special Stage Route 5.
Called: "The Law of Screaming" (Lexus is latin for "law", and screaming... well its a LFA!)

Tire choice and other parameters I'll leave up to you, but the car should be stock, no tuning allowed.:)

edit: maybe "A Night of Screaming":)
I tried this, I found the understeer on this track unbearable. I normally like MR cars here, and ended up with an FR that likes to rotate. Hopefully you still like the combo I came up with, and thanks for suggesting.

EDK
I tried this, I found the understeer on this track unbearable. I normally like MR cars here, and ended up with an FR that likes to rotate. Hopefully you still like the combo I came up with, and thanks for suggesting.
The understeer in the LFA can be ironed out with some trailbraking, and I like the understeer as long as its not long continuous radius corners (SSR5 has 1 corner like that (1'st corner), but other than that its fine)
As for the Ferrari Daytona I have never driven it, but I suspect it might be a bit too soft suspension-wise for my liking, but could still be a fun combo! I will definitely put an effort into this one.:)

More races where there is only a limited amount of tuning allowed.

I have noticed that there are a bunch of folks that are not fans of tuning (at least by judging by the amount of weeks where tuning is not allowed). How about having races where only a few things can be adjusted. Instead of suspension, transmission, LSD, etc. all having adjustable settings, how about letting the drivers concentrate on just one aspect of the tuning process.

This would also allow for a tremendous about of knowledge to be spread around from the folks who have a vast understanding of tuning to the people who have little to no clue on how a lot of the details of tuning work. Having a week were just the LSD will be adjusted can be a great way for everyone to get a grasp on how the LSD actually works.

The race with the Spyker would be a great example. I don't know how many times I wanted to go into the settings and adjust the LSD for that thing just to make it cooperate a little better. Nothing major, just a little fine tuning to make it come in and out of corners with more control.

Last edited:
Hey how about the NSX Stealth race car max build out (all the power you can put into the little bugger) at Matterhorn Short Track on comfort hards? It would take quite a few laps to get it figured out but the track is less than half a mile so it wouldn't take all that long.

Really didn't know where to post this but since is sorta TT oriented I'll try here.

The Hour

While sitting on the throne I was thinking about racing...not an uncommon act....when I remembered a little known race event from the 70s. It was called THE HOUR. You drive the assigned car as PRESENTED for one hour. At the finish you are scored on

FASTEST LAP positive multiplier
SLOWEST LAP negative multiplier
AVERAGE SPEED positive multiplier
DISTANCE COVERED positive multiplier
FUEL ECONOMY positive multiplier.

It can be done like a TT where you submit your numbers backed up by a reviewable replay ( or in conjunction with an established TT or race event) or it can be done Head to head ( which I prefer because it removes it from the " laboratory" and puts it "on the track")

You do not know the points for each category for each race and obviously the fastest may not win so it really is self handicapping event.

Was an inexpensive hoot. I did mine on a Solo course in a Mall Parking lot in Ct....in a KGhia....came in third behind a 289 Cobra and a Baby Bimmer (2002). Obviously it must have been fun to remember after all these years. During the fuel crunch they stopped doing these and they were never sanctioned because they were not spectator friendly. They never ran them head to head on the same track but I did one that was in parallel side by side courses.

Seems to me that it might be adapted to Virtual Racing very easily. And the time could be changed but I prefer the hour because it really enters the realm of pacing as well as pure speed.

I'm going to run one for the Ferrari and see how "doable" it is. Of course the scoring system can be tweaked as desired .

@Nail-27, here is probably the best place to put it.

It's an interesting thought, but I think it would entail too much effort for the admin team however it were scored. Very happy for one of them to correct me, though. :)

Th
@Nail-27, here is probably the best place to put it.

It's an interesting thought, but I think it would entail too much effort for the admin team however it were scored. Very happy for one of them to correct me, though. :)
anks...knew there was a RIGHT PLACE....bookmarked and followed now

Hey how about the NSX Stealth race car max build out (all the power you can put into the little bugger) at Matterhorn Short Track on comfort hards? It would take quite a few laps to get it figured out but the track is less than half a mile so it wouldn't take all that long.
You're kidding right?

et_
You're kidding right?

Not at all.

It wouldn't be the first time we took a ridiculous power/tire combo and put it to the test. Try this one out. Experiment with the ABS and Traction Control. You would be surprised at how tame you can actually make it. Most of our challenges revolve around how much you can get out of a car in a strict set of parameters. That's the box we compete in. This challenge would ask you to take out of the car in a loose set of parameters in order to tame it enough to get around the track effectively. It doesn't need to be such a short track, but I thought an expansion to the theme would be a multiple lap event where you report your best lap (or worse) and a short track like this would be perfect for that kind of an event.

My point is we are always striving to get the most out of a car whether it be stock or tuned to the max. Just thought it would be a different challenge if we had to "untune" or limit a cars performance to get around without being restricted to the same restrictions so to speak as everyone else in the event.

Not at all.

It wouldn't be the first time we took a ridiculous power/tire combo and put it to the test. Try this one out. Experiment with the ABS and Traction Control. You would be surprised at how tame you can actually make it. Most of our challenges revolve around how much you can get out of a car in a strict set of parameters. That's the box we compete in. This challenge would ask you to take out of the car in a loose set of parameters in order to tame it enough to get around the track effectively. It doesn't need to be such a short track, but I thought an expansion to the theme would be a multiple lap event where you report your best lap (or worse) and a short track like this would be perfect for that kind of an event.

My point is we are always striving to get the most out of a car whether it be stock or tuned to the max. Just thought it would be a different challenge if we had to "untune" or limit a cars performance to get around without being restricted to the same restrictions so to speak as everyone else in the event.
Ok, when you put it like that I might understand the ludicrous PP:tyre ratio, but that track is by far the worst in the game, its stupid in every single way, and that just gets exagregated by the ridiculous tyre choice.
Speaking of Matterhorn, the only version that is decent enough to be worth mentioning is Rotenboden. If it only was run the other way around I'd even say its a good track, but as it is now... PASS!

Since the Italian Grand Prix was skipped this week (for whatever reason), how about we run something at Monza? :confused:

The Formula GT car would be cool too. Let's say we use it on an older, classic track like the High Speed Ring. :P

Heck, anything with oodles of power at the High Speed Ring. :sly:

You know what? Let's just race anything (I don't really care) at Monza and the High Speed Ring sometime soon. :D

Last edited:
Since the Italian Grand Prix was skipped this week (for whatever reason), how about we run something at Monza? :confused:

The Formula GT car would be cool too. Let's say we use it on an older, classic track like the High Speed Ring. :P

Heck, anything with oodles of power at the High Speed Ring. :sly:

You know what? Let's just race anything (I don't really care what) at Monza or the High Speed Ring sometime soon. :D

How so? I'm watching FP1 now because I missed it yesterday, the qualifying was earlier, and the race is tomorrow.

How so? I'm watching FP1 now because I missed it yesterday, the qualifying was earlier, and the race is tomorrow.

Not the actual Grand Prix; the WRS version that is usually held the week of a Grand Prix when Formula 1 visits a track that is featured in the game. I've been trying to race a few pickup races at Monza, but you know how that goes. :rolleyes:

...and you get to watch FP1? Lucky. In the United States, we only get to watch FP2, qualifying, and the race. FP1 and FP3 are not televised.

Community Track Choice

Take a vote from within the WRS membership on which track is everyone's favorite. It could be just the winning track gets featured or maybe the top three get thrown out there for people to grind on for three weeks.

There could also be categories: Original, City, etc.

This should also work with cars. Most of my favorite cars have not yet been used in the WRS during GT6.

[sorry for the double post, but it has been a little while since the last post]

Last edited:
I guess we'll be doing Sierra soon, so I'll suggest a few vehicles that should be fun, but not too difficult for a new track.

X2014 Junior, S2.
WSR F3, S3.
BMW 320i Touring Car, S2.
Scion FR-S Courtesy Car, C3.

Back