GTP_WRS : Suggestions Box

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 1,032 comments
đź’ˇ When I saw that The Circuito de la Sierra is broken up into four sections (SS1 - SS4) in the Sierra Time Rally: Practice feature, an idea popped into my brain. How about each week we tackle each section of the track just as we would any other Time Trial; but at the end of the series we take a look back to see who the fastest was by adding up all the sectors and check who had the fastest overall time.

This could be done in addition to the regular Time Trials. A Special Event Time Trial Series. :dopey:

Or regular (but unusual) time trial in two parts over two weeks, provided the "rally practice" format - which has the option of saving "best lap" sector time - isn't too much of a hurdle.

Tokyo R246 (tuning allowed)

GT500 RaceCar (any one brand and year) -- Base Model for the Time Trial. All available liveries available for the race event.

--or--

Nissan Concept 2020 Vision Gran Turismo

...you're welcome.

Last edited:
We have never used the highways at Tokyo right? I know the layout is a bit dull, but it would make for some nice racing at the supercar level...

We have never used the highways at Tokyo right? I know the layout is a bit dull, but it would make for some nice racing at the supercar level...
Special Stage Route 7? I thought about this two days ago. Supercars there really isn't bringing out the best sides of the game since the top speed is exaggerated. Maybe the car and whether it is stock, could be picked with this in mind.

Tokyo's been twice already...could be awhile before it comes back around ;)

Is there a list of the tracks used in the Time Trials, Races, and Special Events? I know I could manually go into the Archives and click each one to see which tracks were used over the past year since GT6 was released, but that's a lot of clicking.

Is there a list of the tracks used in the Time Trials, Races, and Special Events? I know I could manually go into the Archives and click each one to see which tracks were used over the past year since GT6 was released, but that's a lot of clicking.
Go to results instead, probably loads quicker too.

Or you could just go to the leaderboard and click the arrow at the top left and it will step back a week each time you do it. 36 clicks will get you all the tracks so for in GT6.

After seeing how well balanced the muscle car combo is ...
How about finding two cars with similar performance (maybe one FWD and one RWD). We would then run the event with both cars but only the slower one would count.

I was wondering if a series of events could be done to teach tuning. Maybe a TT where only a few parameters could be tweaked (Shock absorber settings only, ride height only,etc.) and have the op explain what the driver should notice when altering this parameters. How tracks influence settings beyond transmission would also be possible to explain by this method. Probably would please non-tuner-week drivers too, as only one parameter would be altered and under guidance...
The Scirocco and the FF understeer, and how the different tunes offset that got me thinking.

I basically use the same tune for every car:lol:. Only thing different is rear ride height, BB, DF, Diff.

I was wondering if a series of events could be done to teach tuning. Maybe a TT where only a few parameters could be tweaked (Shock absorber settings only, ride height only,etc.) and have the op explain what the driver should notice when altering this parameters. How tracks influence settings beyond transmission would also be possible to explain by this method. Probably would please non-tuner-week drivers too, as only one parameter would be altered and under guidance...
The Scirocco and the FF understeer, and how the different tunes offset that got me thinking.

I mentioned this exact, same thing a while ago (maybe around the time of the RUF race).

The Vision GT cars need some love. There is also an ever-growing number of cars released after game's launch...any of the DLC cars would be great (especially the FT-1, the Gran Turismo Corvette Concept, and the Lexus Race Car).

...you're welcome.

Last edited:
A cup with FT-1 GT would be nice.With one compulsory tire change R-soft/R-medium or R-medium/R-hard.At F1 tracks like Silverstone,Spa and Red Bull Ring.

Toyota 86 GT & Scion FR-S & Subaru BRZ & Toyota 86 GT 15th Anniversary Edition

Add the Sports Exhaust to the first three so that they are 100% equal to the 15th Anniversary Edition (we should be using these once in while; and if I am not mistaken, the Sports Exhaust is the only thing that is different). If allowing more than one type of car in the Time Trial is too confusing for the Fetch-ster, then just pick one and allow all four in the WRS race the following week.

Track suggestion for these cars? Cape Ring (full track, but any of the variations would be just fine).

Toyota 86 GT & Scion FR-S & Subaru BRZ & Toyota 86 GT 15th Anniversary Edition

Add the Sports Exhaust to the first three so that they are 100% equal to the 15th Anniversary Edition (we should be using these once in while; and if I am not mistaken, the Sports Exhaust is the only thing that is different). If allowing more than one type of car in the Time Trial is too confusing for the Fetch-ster, then just pick one and allow all four in the WRS race the following week.

Track suggestion for these cars? Cape Ring (full track, but any of the variations would be just fine).

It takes a bit more than just the Sports exhaust I'm afraid:

86 GT 15th Anniv '12 86 GT , BRZ S and FR-S 86 "Racing" '13

SH tyres

oil changed: 453pp/258bhp/1100kg 413pp/208bhp/1230kg 413pp/208bhp/1230kg

weight distr. 53/47

rpm limit 8000

tq 27.6 kgfm 22.4 kgfm 22.4

4,240mm
1,775mm
1,300mm 1,295mm

130/130 115/115
2.63/3.59 2.97/4.05 10.48/13.41
1/1
1/1
1/1
0.5/1.5 1.5/3.5
0.00/0.60 -0.50/1.00

F4.100

50/80/--

No sports ECU upgrade available , Sports exhaust

Weight reductions stage 2 and 3 available , no carbon bonnet/s available

Last edited:
It takes a bit more than just the Sports exhaust I'm afraid:

86 GT 15th Anniv '12 86 GT , BRZ S and FR-S 86 "Racing" '13

SH tyres

oil changed: 453pp/258bhp/1100kg 413pp/208bhp/1230kg 413pp/208bhp/1230kg

weight distr. 53/47

rpm limit 8000

tq 27.6 kgfm 22.4 kgfm 22.4

4,240mm
1,775mm
1,300mm 1,295mm

130/130 115/115
2.63/3.59 2.97/4.05 10.48/13.41
1/1
1/1
1/1
0.5/1.5 1.5/3.5
0.00/0.60 -0.50/1.00

F4.100

50/80/--

No sports ECU upgrade available , Sports exhaust

Weight reductions stage 2 and 3 available , no carbon bonnet/s available

Hmmm...looks like I might need to do some testing to find out how I can make the four cars similar enough to race here; and to see how we can work in more of the 15th Anniversary cars. If anyone else has any ideas, please let the community know.

Back