GTP_WRS : Suggestions Box

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 1,032 comments
Hey Bigracer/Marooned/EDK/Luxy/Denur,

Can I make a suggestion for the leaderboard format?

At the moment the best split at each sector is highlighted in red on the leaderboard, this only tells us really who has the best first sector. Obviously with a little mental arithmetic we can figure it out, but could the board be formatted to show the fastest MIDDLE sector (T1 to T2) in red as well under the "T2" column?

Presently, the leaderboard shows who is ahead at T2, but usually that's a pointless indicator because 90% of the time the entire leaderboard is organised by fastest AT the second split anyway.

What do you think?

All the best
Maz
What I understand from you leaderboard suggestion is that you'd like to see a T1 1/2 (1.5) time. Given by the racer or calculated by the board as (t1+t2)/2?
Please get in touch thru PM or msn to discuss your ideas please!

Thanks for your input Maz 👍
steven

What I understand from you leaderboard suggestion is that you'd like to see a T1 1/2 (1.5) time. Given by the racer or calculated by the board as (t1+t2)/2?
Please get in touch thru PM or msn to discuss your ideas please!

Thanks for your input Maz 👍
steven

Hey Steven,

Actually no, that is more of an average. What I'm suggesting is an exact split the way the F1 timing screens display it. Basically the NEW T2 would be your T2 - T1.

So subtracting T1 time from T2 time which shows who got from T1 to T2 the fastest.

But the leaderboard could still be arranged by who is fastest at T2.

All the best
Maz

Hey Steven,

Actually no, that is more of an average. What I'm suggesting is an exact split the way the F1 timing screens display it. Basically the NEW T2 would be your T2 - T1.

So subtracting T1 time from T2 time which shows who got from T1 to T2 the fastest.

But the leaderboard could still be arranged by who is fastest at T2.

All the best
Maz

Good idea 👍

I'll get in touch with Luke and ask if he can make the adjustments.

Before that please consider what'll happen when we will be racing the green hell or Le Mans in GT5, where we usually report 4 or 5 splits. That will be a lot of columns: t1, t4/t1, t4, t8/t4, t8, t10/t8, t10.

???

I'll get in touch with Luke and ask if he can make the adjustments.

Before that please consider what'll happen when we will be racing the green hell or Le Mans in GT5, where we usually report 4 or 5 splits. That will be a lot of columns: t1, t4/t1, t4, t8/t4, t8, t10/t8, t10.

???

I still think it will be more informative becuase it will highlight in red who is actually faster in particular sections of the track instead of who just managed to keep their nose ahead at one specific point.

If you are in 3rd place and you can see exactly how many tenths you have lost between T1 and T2, compared to between T2 and T3, you can tell where you most need to find time.

All the best
Maz

Tried to give clarity on this issue as soon as possible, so I contacted Luke about the functionality change this evening.

Unfortunately, this year he won't be able to program anything in Luxy at all due to private IRL stuff (and by then, as we all know or hope, the full game will be out and all might be different by then with private rooms and all). But he kept the door unshut so early 2010 some things might be reprogrammed in the leaderboard.

Sounds reasonable doesn't it?

Tried to give clarity on this issue as soon as possible, so I contacted Luke about the functionality change this evening.

Unfortunately, this year he won't be able to program anything in Luxy at all due to private IRL stuff (and by then, as we all know or hope, the full game will be out and all might be different by then with private rooms and all). But he kept the door unshut so early 2010 some things might be reprogrammed in the leaderboard.

Sounds reasonable doesn't it?

Absolutely, thank you for following it up :cheers:

All the best
Maz

Glad to be of service, Maz. I'll keep harassing Luke for some effort into the board in a few months :D in the mean time we could ponder about what the leaderboard issues might be (or end to be) once we have the full game with private rooms :)

EYS did London Reverse with the Suzuki Swift/tuned Jazznine and it was excellent fun.:D The only week that I beat holl01!:D(only cause he submitted early though..:lol: Sorry had to bring that up.)

Happy 45th anniversary to the Ford Mustang

Its late i know:dopey: ..How about this car and Fuji Speedway GT?

This car has not seen a lot of light in GT5P,and the track has been used two times.First time was back in week 4 of the WRS in the Ford GT 06.And then week 22 with the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X / Tuned.

:)

Though I've never driven it at Fuji the Mustang would have to be quick tune as the transmission does the car no justise.

It was used in the power/weight ratio week 19 at Suzuka and at Daytona Road (week 6) with the Audi and Integra.
We ran the F2007 at Daytona Road (week 18) at max PP.:crazy:
We also had that Viper at London for week 28. :scared:
Go to the archives and you can see the threads that contain the info from each week.
See how you match up.

I like the low powered AWD or FF combo mentioned earlier. :sly:

This may be a little complex , 5 laps at Suzuka east in an F40. We post our fastest lap, but drop it and our slowest, and submit our 3 other lap times.

5 laps at about 600pp on s2/s3 maybe?

Had another idea, one of the manufacturer event races, 3 laps, traffic and S2 tyres, adds up to a good test.

Last edited:
I come up with two suggestions:

1. Concerning the last week with 30 min TT. It was cool that a registration PM could be sent a minute before starting driving, but this was only until Friday. For next time why not make the registration deadline monday 11 PM?
In this way anyone who couldn't be sure before friday when exactly he will be able to drive will be able to take part. (I missed this event for this reason)

2. Why not try a race with a rule 4 wheels constanly on track (or vertically in line with track)? I think it will be closer to real life racing?

I would be happy to know what you think about these suggestions

Yes, the over the top rumble strip cutting is immensely unrealistic.

Especially at the recent daytona road race... the bust stop made with 2 tyres in grass and 2 on the outer part of the strip...I doubt we'll ever see this on TV done on purpose

I come up with two suggestions:

1. Concerning the last week with 30 min TT. It was cool that a registration PM could be sent a minute before starting driving, but this was only until Friday. For next time why not make the registration deadline monday 11 PM?
In this way anyone who couldn't be sure before friday when exactly he will be able to drive will be able to take part. (I missed this event for this reason)

2. Why not try a race with a rule 4 wheels constanly on track (or vertically in line with track)? I think it will be closer to real life racing?

Regarding the 30 minute TT, this was our first try at it, and I'm sure well have some things to learn. The intent was to get interested drivers to practice and post splits before the weekend. And then run their race over the weekend. This would discourage sandbagging, by aloowing the drivers to post practice splits.

Regarding the 4 wheels on track - This has been a longstanding OLR rule, going back through several generations of Gran Turismo, and has been debated on many occasions. If I understand correctly, one of the last board challenges (Major Team GT Competition across multiple GT sites) enforced 4 wheels on track. But keep in mind that this was a competition involving the best Gran Turismo racers from around the world.

To expect that of all participants, of all abilities is not realistic. I understand what you are saying about the Daytona Road bus stop specifically, I would only note that we have used some tedious methods in the past to prove 3 wheels off there, and DQ several racers. Those who choose that method are taking a considerable risk, if they are cutting it too close.

I hope that helps. 👍

Don't make me try and find some V8 Supercar footage.:mischievous:

The other example is The last chicane on Suzuka. Basically, all 4 wheels are not touching pavement at all. Which really is ridiculous. But im a hipocrite cuz i do it too (peer pressure). I think its ok for 2 tires on rumble strip (2 wheels/the side where the curb is), but ones those two tires touches grass (or green pavement), then its officially dirty.

EDK
To expect that of all participants, of all abilities is not realistic.
I hope that helps. 👍

I don't thinks it's that hard to keep a car between two white lines :) Everyone can do it, only lap times will be slower. I do not insist on changing the orl rules, but just trying a variation in one or two races. If racers are not happy with it- we go on with 2 wheels on grass :)

There is hard cutting in at least 2 places on Suzuka- the right hander after the S- es; and the last chicane befo the finish

There are many other examples. Imagine what it will be when we have the full GT5 :)

Back