:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

Race Details:
  • Mode: Arcade Mode > Single Player > Time Trial
  • Track: Rally/Snow Circuits > Chamonix East
  • Car Type: Garage/Favorites Car
  • Make: Japan > Suzuki
  • Model: SX4 WRC '08
  • Power: 342bhp (including oil change and tuning parts listed below)
  • Weight: 1,230kg (stock)
  • PP: 499
Driving Options:
  • Transmission: Auto or Manual
  • Tires: Snow (Front and Rear)
  • Driving Line | Traction Control | ASM | ABS: Optional
  • Brake Balance: Optional
  • Active Steering | Skid Recovery Force: Prohibited
  • Tuning: The following tuning parts and car maintenance Are Allowed:
    • Oil Change
  • Tuning: No tuning the car this week, the only thing you can adjust is the Brake Balance
  • The following tuning parts and car maintenance Not Allowed:
    • Custom Parts
    • Weight Reduction
    • Wing
    • NOS
    • Horsepower Adding Parts
    • Ballast Adjustment
  • We can verify these things from the replays.
  • In-Race RA Functions: Not Allowed
Course Settings:
  • Time: Optional
  • Weather: Weather at Race Start 0%, Weather Change 0
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Real
Event3C.jpg
Race Specifics:
  • The event MUST be run using your registered account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • Use of the Handbrake is Prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.

Steward's Comments:

Tarmac not your thing? Here's your chance to shine. Sweeping and uphill chicanes, sweeping turns. Slip and slide your way to the finish line.

:cheers:

Jerome

Verifying Your Hotlap Is Clean:
  • You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay' (See pic below)
  • To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Gallery' option.
  • I recommend using the 'Exterior View' (Behind the car) to ensure the lap is clean.
SaveBestLapIcon.png

(Best Lap Replay Icon)

Event3D.jpg

Standard Clean OLR Rules:
  • At Least 2 Tires must be in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires in-line would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • When verifying a replay, look for any drops of speed and sudden bumpy movements when your car gets near a wall.
  • Some edges raise up just before the barrier and your car might too as a result. That's fine just stay away from the barriers.
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind, these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done, and we can read your mind. We will know
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
Thread rules:
The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):
  • Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime
Discussions about sector times are PROHIBITED and discussions about car settings are OPTIONAL. There is still no discussion about full lap times.

Team Points:
For those who are participating in the Team Trial Challenge, below is the formula we use to calculate points:

driverhandicapcurve.png

Below are the base points rewarded per position:

1st - 25pts.
2nd - 20pts.
3rd - 16pts.
4th - 13pts.
5th - 11pts.
6th - 10pts.
7th - 9pts.
8th - 8pts.
9th - 7pts.
10th - 6pts.
11th - 5pts.
12th - 4pts.

We then take those points and run it through the formula to get a teams final points for each event.

Points Leaderboard:
You can view the points leaderboard below, there is a sheet for overall standings as well as placement for each event.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18UrTHZIgWaCKOVF2INcQIkAar8XDVoJSpPbxLSj07QU

Handicaps:
Here is a list of everyone's handicaps for the series. It is locked as of 3/16/2014. As an example, if your handicap is 1.316, it will stay at 1.316 for the whole series regardless of which event you participate in.

Team: Down Under
DownUnder.jpg

---------------------------
C | @Animera - 1.67
2 | @DTM - 1.58
3 | @Cats_PJs - 1.861
4 | @Turbo_snail - 3.14
A | @Stevious - 3.233
A | @MadMax - 1.905

Team: The Paddies
Paddies.png

C | @Spud_Skills - 1.65
2 | @the_wilco- 3.182
3 | @Killermiller24 - 3.125
4 | @serfon - 3.814
A | @GranTurismo916 - 4.194
A | @Revoy - 2.142

Team: Bazinga
Bazinga.jpg

C | @Racingworld68 - 2.519
2 | @LittlePaul78 - 2.477
3 | @pilmat - 2.292
4 | @kreezydoed - 1.991
A | @Dean - 3.249
A | @ItsAllAboutWins - 2.06

Team: Stay In The Damn Pits
StayInTheDamnPits.jpg

C | @oink83 - 1.954
2 | @PASM - 1.541
3 | @Allibubba99 - 2.772
4 | @hasslemoff - 2.095
A | @AspecBob - 2.541
A | @GTPorsche - 2.557

Team: Fetchy's Admin Racing Team
FetchysAdminRacingTeam.png

C | @Jump_Ace - 1.929
2 | @Gravitron - 2.037
3 | @WRP001 - 1.997
4 | @Vagabond - 1.429
A | @EDK - 2.086
A | @Sjaak - 2.611

Team: Zero To 60
ZeroTo60.jpg

C | @Ph1sher - 2.488
2 | @iainoflo85 - 2.616
3 | @millross - 1.621
4 | @miata13B - 3.927
A | @mohitraina91 - 1.501
A | @doodlemonoply - 1.107

Team: Morph's Muppets
MorphsMuppets.png

C | @nursemorph - 3.66
2 | @Nemo Niente - 4.327
3 | @Argon - 2.256
4 | @Andy 0 - 3.409
A | @Serialf - 4.095
A | @Thematic - 4.347

Team: Crash Test Dummies
CrashTestDummies.jpg

C | @otxjto - 2.205
2 | @patrick19602005 - 2.394
3 | @Daniel Pinho - 3.517
4 | @DigitalBaka - 2.909
A | @Bleached - 2.43
A | @rambo793 - 2.634

Team: The Ratt Pack
RattPack.jpg

C | @GTP_CargoRatt - 2.492
2 | @GTP_DeathStar - 4.499
3 | @Im_Lukas - 1.957
4 | @mr_lab_rat - 3.279
A | @The Boss69 - 3.148
A | @mickyevs - 4.329

Team: GTP Bandits
GTPBandits.png

C | @Jibatator - 3.911
2 | @tzracer - 3.671
3 | @Tuffers86 - 4.076
4 | @anastasis14 - 2.36
A | @skyline1683 - 2.19
A | @EWeinbauer - 3.587

Team: Old Farts Racing Team
OldFartsRacingTeam.png

C | @Mr P - 1.484
2 | @NielsG - 3.195
3 | @Kelly - 2.14
4 | @Usual Suspect - 1.911
A | @Stotty - 1.627
A | @eclipsee - 1.2077

Splits Leaderboard:
The splits leaderboard can be found here.

Submission:
This event is NOT an integrated WRS event, it is run separately from the regular WRS. All members can still participate in the regular WRS as they normally would. Posting sector/split times are ALLOWED. You CANNOT full lap times. This will leave more mystery as to how teams will be placing in the final standings.

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Team Trial Challenge Week 3 Submission) to (Jump_Ace)
  • You can only submit a time once per event, make it count.
  • Once you have completed your blistering best lap, PM your time to the team captain. I'd also recommend you have the team captain, or another member verify that your lap is clean and up to regular WRS standards.
  • All submitted laps will be reviewed. Dirty laps will be DQ'd, resulting in 0pts for your team for that event.
  • Save your best lap to a flash drive and compress it into a Zip file (just like you did for the WRS Qualifier) and attach it to a PM to your Team Captain.
  • Once your lap has been verified by another teammate, the Team Captain will PM me with the following information:
    - Event Name
    - Team Name
    - Driver's GTPlanet Name
    - Time
    - Attach The Zip Replay

- Double Check To Make Sure All The Required Information Is In The PM.
  • The deadline is Monday, April 7th 2014 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:

GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Event3E.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited:
Please take a moment to read the Submission section. Some changes for the last two events of the series.

Jerome

Whether it does or not, stock means stock, ie do not adjust anything.
According to the OP, there is nothing that I saw that says we cannot adjust the car as it comes from the dealership. It says not to add any parts, but I can't find where is says we cannot tune the parts that came fixed to the car when purchased. If I missed it, my bad; but I don't see it anywhere.

Whether it does or not, stock means stock, ie do not adjust anything.

Sorry Chris but there is NOTHING in the event description that says "stock" apart from the reference to the weight of the car.

I would go further and say that it also does not say No tuning which is the norm for events where we are not allowed to tune the car

Last edited:
According to the OP, there is nothing that I saw that says we cannot adjust the car as it comes from the dealership. It says not to add any parts, but I can't find where is says we cannot tune the parts that came fixed to the car when purchased. If I missed it, my bad; but I don't see it anywhere.
Sorry Chris but there is NOTHING in the event description that says "stock" apart from the reference to the weight of the car.

I would go further and say that it also does not say No tuning which is the norm for events where we are not allowed to tune the car
Correct - I am acquiring clarification for this from Jerome since its his event. When we first discussed these events, I got the impression we were running it stock but you're right, it isn't clear from the regs and Jerome doesn't seem to be online right now.... so hold that thought.

Correct - I am acquiring clarification for this from Jerome since its his event. When we first discussed these events, I got the impression we were running it stock but you're right, it isn't clear from the regs and Jerome doesn't seem to be online right now.... so hold that thought.

Thanks mate 👍

Run some laps with stock car and oil change only... it's pretty smooth! 👍

a few tenths up for grabs... it's short and sweet :cheers:

The OP also says 'You CANNOT post any sector splits or full lap times.'. Pretty unambiguous wording, so this thread is likely to be relatively short of posts, unfortunately.

Does this

"Discussions about sector times are PROHIBITED"

mean we can't post splits?

Yes, it does mean that. This team event is a separate event from the individual weekly events so will not be on the Leaderboard

Sorry I didn't make that clearer earlier. But I've clarified no tuning in the Tuning section. The only thing that can be adjusted is the Brake Balance.

No leaderboard for these last two team challenge events.

A good point was brought up that I didn't think about; not discussing splits would dry the thread up. I'll change it to posting splits are ALLOWED 👍

Jerome

Last edited:
Ill join in with the splits :)

Seen high 47's in T2 as well, but I cant catch my ghost in T3 from the above lap.

This makes up for the lack of snow this winter. :cheers:

Probably a tenth or two hiding somewhere but this felt like a pretty solid run after an hour long search for better traction. Nice combo Jerome. 👍

Game on @Ron :mischievous:

haha looks like this will be a fun week after all ;) I will get back on this tonight and hopefully catch up a bit :D:tup:

Great splits Chris :cool:

This makes up for the lack of snow this winter. :cheers:

Probably a tenth or two hiding somewhere but this felt like a pretty solid run after an hour long search for better traction. Nice combo Jerome. 👍

Game on @Ron :mischievous:

Thanks buddy. I'm hoping to play in the snow tonight after work. I doubt I'll get close to those insane splits, but I love rally. :)

Jerome

A heads up to everyone, the Average Joe's Racing Team has dropped out of the competition, unfortunately. I will keep the point values and everything else the same.

Jerome

Back