GTP_WRS Team Trial Challenge Event 4: Tune In Tokyo

• Thread starter Jump_Ace
  • 60 comments
Updated the LB.

Jerome

Yea it's pretty insane considering the combo. I'd expect it with something like the Focus ST Combo we had a few weeks back, but in a race car at Tokyo? Woah....

Jerome

Added your splits Usual.

Jerome

Been absent for a bit, I'm shaking off some rust.

Oh by the way the top 3 in D2 stands between 3 thousandths :crazy: Nice times everyone :cheers:

Just a reminder for team captains to PM me their team info before the deadline today. Good luck!

Jerome

I ran this a bit - couple of sessions - despite not being eligible. Fun combo, and totally unlike Cote d'Azur, too. 👍

Final splits

Left two tenth on track but would need another week just to get them (or a better tune :scared: )

Great combo, really fun to drive but the wall banging..:banghead:.

Waiting for Jerome to post the final results :scared:. I put a ton of time into this one, hoping it pays off. But no matter, that combo was a blast, and it felt like I squeezed all I was capable of out of this one. I will post my tune later, be interesting to see the setups of other cars.

Waiting for Jerome to post the final results :scared:. I put a ton of time into this one, hoping it pays off. But no matter, that combo was a blast, and it felt like I squeezed all I was capable of out of this one. I will post my tune later, be interesting to see the setups of other cars.
I gave back about 2 tenths in the last sector on my submitted lap, but the perfect lap was going to be tough, with all those walls to contend with. Here's my tune.

RH 79/50
Springs 13/10
Dampers Comp 2/3
Dampers Ext 1/2
ARB 2/6
Camber 0/0
Toe -0.20/-0.20
BB 4/3

Transmission Final Far Right, top speed far left. Set

Final = 3587

LSD Front 7/28/7
LSD Rear 6/48/5
Toque Split 35/65

Aero Max

Not an expert by any means, started with one I found and tweaked til it felt good to me.

RH 90 85
SR 13 17.5
Comp 5 5
Ext 5 5
ARB 4 5
camber 0 0
toe -.06 .01
BB 4 8

Tranny can't remember how I got here.
Max 124
Final 2.940

lsd
6 7
16 23
6 8

torque 38 62

Aero 305 540

Not an expert by any means, started with one I found and tweaked til it felt good to me.
They aren't much the same, are they? :lol:

I actually was driving the car with default aero at first, by mistake. And I don't think there was all that much in maxing it out, a lot to give back on the straights. But enough consistent cornering in the tighter sections that it was probably worthwhile.

Meanwhile, we are way off directionally on rear spring rate, dampers, ARB, toe, BB, and LSD accel figures. Other than that, pretty close. :P

EDK
They aren't much the same, are they? :lol:

I actually was driving the car with default aero at first, by mistake. And I don't think there was all that much in maxing it out, a lot to give back on the straights. But enough consistent cornering in the tighter sections that it was probably worthwhile.

Meanwhile, we are way off directionally on rear spring rate, dampers, ARB, toe, BB, and LSD accel figures. Other than that, pretty close. :P
To tell you the truth that car was probably hard to mess up with a tune. It pretty much went where you wanted it to go. I ran most laps on max aero, then changed it. It was probably coincidental that I ran my best lap with that aero setting. I should have tried again at max aero, as by then I was probably running the correct lines.

I was having a ton of trouble getting GTP to load earlier, it may have been my ISP or an issue with their DNS, I couldn't get to Yahoo or ESPN and a few other sites...then some sites would load fine. I'll get to the results now :)

Jerome

Results have been posted 👍

Congrats To The Old Farts with the overall win! And congrats to Stay In The Damn Pits and The Paddies for rounding out the podium!

I didn't get every teams submission this week, but :cheers: to those teams that stuck with it every week.

Jerome

Results have been posted 👍

Congrats To The Old Farts with the overall win! And congrats to Stay In The Damn Pits and The Paddies for rounding out the podium!

I didn't get every teams submission this week, but :cheers: to those teams that stuck with it every week.

Jerome

I think the overall standings arent updated yet....But Im glad to be on the Podium with "The Paddies". Thanks to you all :)

I think the overall standings arent updated yet....But Im glad to be on the Podium with "The Paddies". Thanks to you all :)

Umm, yes they are; for your team:

17.716 + 10.166 + 19.914 + 16.641 = 64.437

There may be a rounding error that moves it +-0.001, but that doesn't matter in this case.

Congrats to the Old Farts, you guys/gals definitely don't stink. :lol:👍

Couldn't be happier for my online steward friends in 2nd with the 3D3 team. :cheers:

Well done to the Paddies for showing it isn't all about wheels n' pedals.

I'm proud of my F.A.R.T. team, especially Chris finding his fArte in Rally. :)

Where did DTM came :scared::P ?

Glad i could help my team, what a great bunch of "farts" :lol::cheers:

Thanks to Jerome also, was a great idea and in the end i´m sure all the drivers had a lot of fun :cheers:

Congrats to all the podium teams and to everyone that competed. :cheers:

I was looking at the scoring and the difference between Crash Test Dummies possibly finishing on the podium as to where we did finish (5th) was about .01 seconds. I finished 4th at Tokyo, .01 behind GTPorsche, if I had got 3rd our team gets another 5 or so points and maybe gets an overall podium. I did not factor the handicap in, but it would have been very close. Just goes to show hundredths matter in these Time Trials.

Last edited:
Congratulations everyone, and thanks again Jerome for organizing this. Damn pits, we should be very proud of ourselves, having come in second only to a team made up of a bunch of... of... D1s, THERE I SAID IT! :P

Back