GTP_WRS Team Trial Challenge - Starts 3/16/14 (Teams Finalized)

• Thread starter Jump_Ace
  • 288 comments

Jump_Ace

Compare Yourself To The Best Of Your Own Abilities
Staff Emeritus
United States
Portland, OR
Jump_Ace
JUMPxACE
kbuq.png

gran-turismo-6-b-jpg.89055

The GTP_WRS Team Trial Challenge

:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

Road.jpg

Format:
  • The GTP_WRS Team Trial Challenge is a team based time trial event.
  • This event is governed by the GTP WRS Race Admins, but is separate from, and doesn't effect the Standard WRS & OLR WRS.
  • There are 4 Time Trial events in all.
  • This is an offline event series. As such, all events are to be run in the offline 'Arcade' mode.
  • The team with the most points after 4 events wins. Points are calculated from a formula comprised of your lap time and handicap.
  • Each event will be posted one at a time on Sunday. Teams will have 1 week to complete the event, ensure the replay is clean and submit their times to their Team Captain. The team captain will then submit that time to me via PM. Look under the 'Submitting Your Team's Time' section for more information.
  • Here's the event schedule:

Week 1: Monday March 17th 2014
  • All Teams Finalized 11:59pm GMT
  • Event 1 Race Details Posted

Week 2: Monday March 24th 2014
  • Event 1 Deadline 11:59pm GMT
  • Event 2 Race Details Posted

Week 3: Monday March 31st 2014
  • Event 2 Deadline 11:59pm GMT
  • Event 3 Race Details Posted

Week 4: Monday April 7th 2014
  • Event 3 Deadline 11:59pm GMT
  • Event 4 Race Details Posted

Week 5: Monday April 14th 2014
  • Event 4 Deadline 11:59pm GMT
  • Final Results Posted Within The Next Few Days After The Event 4 Deadline
Teams:
  • Post team members and team names in this thread. My 2nd post in this thread contains the official team information.
  • All teams need to be finalized by Monday, March 17th at 11:59pm GMT
  • Teams are comprised of 5 (minimum) to 6 (maximum) members, of which 4 will submit their best times in one of four time trial events. 4 drivers, up to 2 alternates.
  • Teams get to pick their own teammates.
  • As mentioned above, rankings are based on both overall time and a drivers handicap. With that in mind, comprising a team of 'all-stars' may not be the way to go. Perhaps finding teammates who are poised for improvement could prove to be more beneficial. Or if you just want to race with your friends on a team, go for it!
  • If a team needs a driver, or a driver needs a team, make the request in this thread. I don't need to 'Okay' any teammates, as long as they are in the WRS Registry, that's fine.
  • Team Captains will need to be nominated, they will be responsible for:
    - Posting the the team name and listing the members in this thread
    - Submit their team's time (driver, time, etc.) to me via Private Message.
Thread Rules:
  • Discussions about sector times and car settings are OPTIONAL. There is still no discussion about full lap times.
  • I'd recommend once your team is finalized, to create a new conversation amongst each other for car tuning tips and sector time comparison, etc.
  • Feel free to post questions you may have about the race series here 👍
Point System:
  • Points are based off a combination of your fastest time and your handicap.
  • Your handicap can be seen here (the number in parenthesis).
  • NOTE: The points below are placeholders, points per position may increase or decrease depending on the number of teams that participate.
Point Values:
  • 1st: 16pts.
  • 2nd: 14pts.
  • 3rd: 12pts.
  • 4th: 11pts.
  • 5th: 10pts.
  • 6th: 8pts.
  • 7th: 7pts.
  • 8th: 6pts.
  • 9th: 5pts.
  • 10th: 4pts.
  • 11th: 3pts.
  • 12th: 2pts.
  • 13th: 1pt.
Events:
  • Events will be posted in typical WRS event fashion, with the car and track specific details, deadline for submission, etc.
  • The first two eventsof the GTP_WRS Team Trial Challenge will also be the regular WRS events. The events will have a clear description stating those events are for both the standard WRS and the Team Trial Challenge. What that means is, for those first two weeks, everyone can participate in those events in the regular WRS and submit their times to @WRSFetchBot like normal. Your Team Captain will just need to PM letting me know which team member is submitting in the Team Trial Challenge.
  • NOTE: We will still accumulate team points based on your handicap number for week 1 (all team trial participants handicap will be ‘locked’ as of Event 1, for all 4 events) .
  • The regular WRS will run as expected it just happens to also be the Team Trial Challenge Event. The times that you submit will affect your handicap.
The 4 race events consist of:
  • 3 Tarmac Events.
  • 1 Rally Event.
Rules & Regulations:
Standard Clean OLR Rules:
  • At Least 2 Tires must be in contact with track at all times.
  • In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires in-line would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
  • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track.
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible.
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty.
  • No hybrids.
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules.
Submitting Your Team's Time:
  • You can only submit a time once per event, make it count.
  • Once you have completed your blistering best lap, PM your time to the team captain. I'd also recommend you have the team captain, or another member verify that your lap is clean and up to regular WRS standards.
  • All submitted laps will be reviewed. Dirty laps will be DQ'd, resulting in 0pts for your team for that event.
  • Save your best lap to a flash drive and compress it into a Zip file (just like you did for the WRS Qualifier) and attach it to a PM to your Team Captain.
  • Once your lap has been verified by another teammate, the Team Captain will PM me with the following information:
    - Event Name
    - Team Name
    - Driver'S GTPlanet Name
    - Time
    - Attach The Zip Replay

- Double Check To Make Sure All The Required Information Is In The PM.
Point Leaderboard:
The point leaderboard can be found here. It will be updated roughly the same time the results are posted.

FAQ:
  • Q1: Why don't we just use the fastest overall time to determine the winning team?
    - A: Because an 'all-star' team comprised of 4 or more of the top drivers in Division 1 would win. Which would result in lower division drivers not having a fair shot at placing well.
  • Q2: Why don't we just use the handicap to determine the winning team?
    - A: Because there are many drivers who just brushed the qualifier aside and didn't give their best effort; a.k.a. sandbagging. Which would result in them placing too high and everyone else who did put their best effort in wouldn't have a shot at placing well.
  • Q3: How is the winning team determined?
    - A: Because of both Q1 and Q2, there is no perfect solution that would make everyone happy. So we have a formula that blends together both the driver's handicap and event time. It's designed to lessen the amount of advantage gained by sandbaggers, and also dampen the results of the fastest drivers.
  • Q4: Does this event effect my performance in the WRS (i.e. change in handicap)?
    - A: No, although this is run by members of the WRS OLR Team, it is a separate entity and will not affect your performance in the regular WRS.
  • Q5: Is this an online or offline competition?
    - A: It is an offline, team based time trial competition.
  • Q6: Who will be the team captain for my team?
    - A: That is up to your team to decide amongst yourselves.
  • Q7: Why can't we discuss sector times? We do all the time in the regular WRS.
    - A: Because this is a team-based competition, look to your teammates to compare sector split times.
  • Q8: Are these events going to be in addition to the normal WRS events?
    - A: Yes.
  • Q9: It says each member only does 1 of the 4 events, but does it also mean each driver can only do 1 event? As in once your team submits your time that week, your out for the rest of the weeks?
    - A: That's correct, each member does one and only one event. If you have a team of 6 let's say, then only 4 of your team members will submit a time for the series.
  • Q10: How often will this competition be?
    - A: Right now it is a one time competition. If it catches on, who knows...
  • Q11: Will the handicap stay the same (as it is at the beginning) for players during the event or will it adjust on the fly when weekly results go official ect. ?
    - A: I will be using the handicap for drivers as seen on this page. It won't change during this series and this series won't affect a drivers handicap for the regular WRS either.
  • Q12: Is it ok to privately (via PM) to discuss sector times and full lap times between teammates?
    - A: Yes, feel free to share anything and everything between your teammates; car settings, sector splits, lap times, tips, etc.
  • Q13: How do we come by the cars for the events?
    - A: You will have to buy the cars individually. If your team wants you to concentrate on one event, then you only need to buy one car. But I'd imagine most teams would want all drivers to try each combo as it comes up to provide each other with tips and the like.
Race.jpg

:cheers: :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited:
Team: Down Under
Down Under.jpg
---------------------------
C | @Animera
2 | @DTM
3 | @Cats_PJs
4 | @Turbo_snail
A | @Stevious
A | @MadMax

Team: The Paddies
paddies.png
C | @Spud_Skills
2 | @the_wilco
3 | @Killermiller24
4 | @serfon
A | @GranTurismo916
A | @Revoy

Team: Bazinga
bazinga-jpg.121169

C | @Racingworld68
2 | @LittlePaul78
3 | @pilmat
4 | @kreezydoed
A | @Dean
A | @ItsAllAboutWins

Team: Stay In The Damn Pits
3d3-gt6-racing-logo-cmyk-120px-jpg.121374

C | @oink83
2 | @PASM
3 | @Allibubba99
4 | @hasslemoff
A | @AspecBob
A | @GTPorsche

Team: Fetchy's Admin Racing Team
FART.png
C | @Jump_Ace
2 | @Gravitron
3 | @WRP001
4 | @Vagabond
A | @EDK
A | @Sjaak

Team: Zero To 60
0to60.jpg
C | @Ph1sher
2 | @iainoflo85
3 | @millross
4 | @miata13B
A | @mohitraina91
A | @doodlemonoply

Team: Morph's Muppets
muppets.png
C | @nursemorph
2 | @Nemo Niente
3 | @Argon
4 | @Andy 0
A | @Serialf
A | @Thematic

Team: Crash Test Dummies
c.jpg

C | @otxjto
2 | @patrick19602005
3 | @Daniel Pinho
4 | @DigitalBaka
A | @Bleached
A | @rambo793

Team: The Ratt Pack
rattpack.jpg
C | @GTP_CargoRatt
2 | @GTP_DeathStar
3 | @Im_Lukas
4 | @mr_lab_rat
A | @The Boss69
A | @mickyevs

Team: GTP Bandits
Bandits.png
C | @Jibatator
2 | @tzracer
3 | @Tuffers86
4 | @anastasis14
A | @skyline1683
A | @EWeinbauer

Team: Average Joe's Racing Team
average.jpg
C | @Conor Swan
2 | @Harsk100
3 | @GTP_Dutchy
4 | @mmfastest
A | @Twissy
A | @WillRacer31

Team: Old Farts
old farts logo.png
C | @Mr P
2 | @NielsG
3 | @Kelly
4 | @Usual Suspect
A | @Stotty
A | @eclipsee

:gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited:
Looks challenging !! Can we look for team mates in this thread ? if so.... anyone who is intrested on teaming up with me.....

Looks challenging !! Can we look for team mates in this thread ? if so.... anyone who is intrested on teaming up with me.....

Yea, gather amongst yourselves in this thread as to who you want for teammates. Or send some people a PM 👍

Jerome

I'd love to get involved but as always happens with team events I'm the last person to get picked and end up on the worst team.

But I'm here - if you want me on your team just say so.

This sounds like fun. But unfortunally i'll be out of town during week 2, 3 and part of week 4. Only time to race in the weekends, if GF doesn't plan anything

I see an RX7 and Asparadrink, both i like a lot :D (ok the Aspara is an RX as well :lol: )

DTM
This sounds like fun. But unfortunally i'll be out of town during week 2, 3 and part of week 4. Only time to race in the weekends, if GF doesn't plan anything

I see an RX7 and Asparadrink, both i like a lot :D (ok the Aspara is an RX as well :lol: )

It's not the Asparadrink.
psss.gif

Jerome

I'm game! :D You can even pick me last! :lol:

I don't get to join in on the online events, though I would like to at some point. The fact that this is offline is quite appealing.

I kind of get this from the OP but just to clarify, these events are going to be in addition to the normal weekly WRS events, correct?

I'm game! :D You can even pick me last! :lol:

I don't get to join in on the online events, though I would like to at some point. The fact that this is offline is quite appealing.

I kind of get this from the OP but just to clarify, these events are going to be in addition to the normal weekly WRS events, correct?

Good question, I'll add it to the FAQ. Yes, these are in addition to the regular WRS and WRS OLR events.

Jerome

Looks like a ton of fun, unfortunately between work and the current weekly TTs, I don't have time to do this as well :(

Just to clarify, you'll only have to race in 1 event over the 4 week period. Your other teammates will race in the other 3 events.

Jerome

Just to clarify, you'll only have to race in 1 event over the 4 week period. Your other teammates will race in the other 3 events.

Jerome

And you say that now. You only point out that it's not an Asaparadrink :grumpy: :lol:

DTM

DTM
And you say that now. You only point out that it's not an Asaparadrink :grumpy: :lol:

Well, anytime anyone mentions GF or WIFE, I try and stay out of it :lol: We'd love to have you on a team DTM!

Jerome

Sounds fun :)

Looking for a team. I don't have the time to be a captain, but I'd love to play!

I'd like to take part in this, open to joining any team but just as a warning I have no idea when it comes to tuning.

Back