:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

Race Details:
  • Mode: Arcade Mode > Single Player > Time Trial
  • Track: Original Circuits > Deep Forest Raceway
  • Car Type: Garage/Favourites Car
  • Make: Germany > Audi
  • Model: R8 5.2 FSI Quattro '09
  • Power: 544bhp (including oil change and tuning parts listed below)
  • Weight: 1620kg (stock)
  • PP: 547
Driving Options:
  • Transmission: Auto or Manual
  • Tires: Sport Medium (S2) (Front and Rear)
  • Driving Line | Traction Control | ASM | ABS: Optional
  • Brake Balance: Optional
  • Active Steering | Skid Recovery Force: Prohibited
  • Tuning: Prohibited - Tuning parts, weight reduction, ballast adjustment or chassis rigidity improvement not allowed.
  • In-Race RA Functions: Allowed
  • Custom Wheels and Paint are allowed
Course Settings:
  • Time: Fixed
  • Weather: Fixed
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Real

Race Specifics:
  • The event MUST be run using your registered account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • Use of the Handbrake is Prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • Red and white rumbles and tarmac are legal track. No other surfaces are track.
  • The concrete and cobbled areas are out of bounds. (See pics below)
DIRTY
View attachment 134376

DIRTY
View attachment 134377

DIRTY
View attachment 134378

Steward's Comments:

The perfect balance of grip and power, with fantastic traction from the masters of 4WD, an iconic super sport that redefines the genre; the R8 V10 is the perfect compromise between drivability and insanity. On the high speed and challenging bends of DFR, the mantra "Thrash it Mercilessly" holds true. Will it be your battle cry... or your epitaph?

:cheers:
Chris

Viewing your T1 & T2 Time Splits:
  • You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay' (See pic below)
  • To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Gallery' option.
  • Live timing monitor does not work properly, so we have to use a small trick to view splits.
  • While viewing your Replay, pause the lap by hitting start, before the end of the first sector.
  • While keeping the replay paused, advance the replay, using the forward arrow on the replay HUD. This will advance the replay to the end of the first sector. That's your T1 split, write it down.
  • Advance the replay again. That will show the lap to date time on the screen, this is your first and second sector time, added together.
  • To post your T1 & T2 Splits, simply post the lap to date times that are shown in the middle of the screen. Do not try to calculate the actual T2 split time, the Fetchbot will do that for you.
SaveBestLapIcon.png

(Best Lap Replay Icon)

Standard Clean OLR Rules:
  • At Least 2 Tires must be in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires in-line would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track.
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):

• Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread :

• The first 2 splits: T1 & T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 11 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Then attach your 'Best Lap'/'Ghost' replay in zip file form. Everyone submits a replay instead of listing a lap time.
  • You will need to put something in the message body in order to begin a conversation. It doesn't matter what you put, it can even be 1 letter or symbol. Nobody but the Fetchbot is going to see it, so it's sort of pointless, anyhow.
  • You will get an automated response within 15min, letting you know whether your submission was accepted, or if you had an error.
  • If you have an error, don't panic. Just review the instructions for submission and submit again. If you are having trouble and cannot figure it out, please post your question in the race thread.

• Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If you want to submit multiple times in the week that is still not a problem. Just reply to the conversation with your new time and new replay. Fetchy always uses the last submitted time as the final one.
  • See this screenshot as an example on how to submit:

• The deadline is Monday, April 7th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:

GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Replay Checking:
  • Everyone is required to submit a replay for verification. This happens when you submit to the Fetchbot, and the replays will be visible in the leaderboard, once we've reached the event deadline
  • Participants will be expected to check each others' replays for cleanliness, for replays marked in the Results thread as (Check Needed)
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Not sure I've driven this car, probably won't try it til after this weekend, need to continue thrashing the Rx7. Maybe I'll learn how to drive the last corner this week.

Great pics.

Are non horsepower parts allowed?
Is "Tuning: Prohibited" not clear enough?

If tuning parts are allowed, they are listed thus:

Tuning: The following tuning parts are allowed:
  • xxxx
  • xxxx

Righty-O! Thought I'd smash out a session before hitting this marking:

I absolutely love how fun and predictable this car is when it slides, but I suspect sliding it too much isn't gonna get me an awesome lap time!

One slight area of confusion I thought I'd post is the rumble strip right at T1:

AUDI.png

It has some brick parts on one section that turn into full rumble under the bridge. My current lap is clean but I wondered about if my tyre had ventured over to that slight brick-looking area if it would be dirty or clean?

Righty-O! Thought I'd smash out a session before hitting this marking:

I absolutely love how fun and predictable this car is when it slides, but I suspect sliding it too much isn't gonna get me an awesome lap time!

One slight area of confusion I thought I'd post is the rumble strip right at T1:

AUDI.png

It has some brick parts on one section that turn into full rumble under the bridge. My current lap is clean but I wondered about if my tyre had ventured over to that slight brick-looking area if it would be dirty or clean?

If it's painted the same as the rumble, then I would think the designer of the track would like it respected as rumble too.

Don't get your balls in a uproar, if I thought it was clear why would I ask. Usually it's spelled out in the OP!!
It is spelled out in the OP; it says tuning prohibited and no parts are listed as allowed. Where's the uproar? I answered your question as directly as possible.
If it's painted the same as the rumble, then I would think the designer of the track would like it respected as rumble too.
What the track designer would like is irrelevant. :sly:
My current lap is clean but I wondered about if my tyre had ventured over to that slight brick-looking area if it would be dirty or clean?
Red and white is good, concrete is not good; simple. 👍

It is spelled out in the OP; it says tuning prohibited and no parts are listed as allowed. Where's the uproar? I answered your question as directly as possible.
You're rude and don't treat me like an idiot I don't take that from anyone. You've had a bad attitude in the past as I recall and have been challenged for that!! I will refrain from the TT's.

You're rude and don't treat me like an idiot I don't take that from anyone. You've had a bad attitude in the past as I recall and have been challenged for that!! I will refrain from the TT's.
You're over-sensitive. If spending my free time putting these events together and making sure I follow the convention we have adopted for out-lining the event specifics is considered having a bad attitude, then guilty as charged.

Gayle, it is pretty clear in the op, and I doubt Chris intended to be rude in his reply. It's easy for the tone of a comment to be misconstrued in a text conversation. Maybe everyone should step away from the keyboard for a little while and take a fresh look in a few hours.

You're over-sensitive. If spending my free time putting these events together and making sure I follow the convention we have adopted for out-lining the event specifics is considered having a bad attitude, then guilty as charged.
I feel like maybe the best way to resolve this type of thing, since questions have been asked before, would be to have 4 bullets in the OP:
  • Tuning parts allowed: none
  • Tuning parts prohibited: all
  • Setting adjustments allowed: brake balance
  • Setting adjustments prohibited: all remaining (or specific list)
I can't see a way for that to be confusing in any way. Of course, that's all up to you admin folk.

Anyhow, this looks fun. I shall have a hard time dividing time between this and the Suzuki. :dopey:

Without meaning to step into anything, I think it was an implied tone to your reply which has caused a negative reaction. Quite possibly not intended by yourself Chris, but such things are often confused when we are reliant on text based communication.

Edit: Oh my mistake, didn't refresh my page for half an hour, didn't see the 2 prior messages.

The regs in the events that Kevin and I have posted have outlined tuning in one of the following ways:

• xxxx
  • xxxx
  • xxxx
  • xxxx
(where xxxx = relevant part name)

or

Tuning: Prohibited

This week, I even stated clearly the specifics of what is not allowed. Seems pretty clear to me.

Gayle - you can take all the unnecessary offence you want but that doesn't mean you're right in your interpretation of my intention or attitude. If I haven't shown my character and my regard for the WRS community over the past 4 years by way of my contributions with videos, setups, tips and techniques, encouragement, etc then there's definitely a problem of interpretation somewhere. Now I wear a blue badge instead of a yellow one and I can make combos as well as take part; has that changed who I am in some way? Why is it now ok to accuse me of being rude and having a bad attitude because I was abrupt answering your unnecessary question? The door swings both ways and you jumping off the deep end doesn't justify or solidify your position. FYI, I spent 2 hours doing a test and photo-shoot for this combo, then the required time to edit the event thread and check the regulations and get it ready to post as soon after 00:00 GMT as possible, so you all have another combo to choose from.

My thanks? A question about something that I've already made clear in the OP (this happens alot) and then cheap shots at my character and attitude.

Good arrows. Makes me glad for the effort. 👍

I appreciate you Vagabond, :D and I understand how much work you put in to this so that we can all have some fun with it. Most will not understand the work that goes into maintaining WRS- it will go mostly unappreciated and unrecognized. Everyone needs to relax a bit and get back to the business of having some fun:cheers:.

Last edited:
The regs in the events that Kevin and I have posted have outlined tuning in one of the following ways:

• xxxx
  • xxxx
  • xxxx
  • xxxx
(where xxxx = relevant part name)

or

Tuning: Prohibited

This week, I even stated clearly the specifics of what is not allowed. Seems pretty clear to me.

Gayle - you can take all the unnecessary offence you want but that doesn't mean you're right in your interpretation of my intention or attitude. If I haven't shown my character and my regard for the WRS community over the past 4 years by way of my contributions with videos, setups, tips and techniques, encouragement, etc then the there's definitely a problem of interpretation somewhere. Now I wear a blue badge instead of a yellow one and I can make combos as well as take part; has that changed who I am in some way? Why is it now ok to accuse me of being rude and having a bad attitude because I was abrupt answering your unnecessary question? The door swing both ways and you jumping off the deep end doesn't justify or solidify your position. FYI, I spent 2 hours doing a test and photo-shoot for this combo, then the required time to edit the event thread and check the regulations and get it ready to post as soon after 00:00 GMT as possible, so you all have another combo to choose from.

My thanks? A question about something that I've already made clear in the OP (this happens alot) and then cheap shots at my character and attitude.

Good arrows. Makes me glad for the effort. 👍
Don't get me wrong either, I do appreciate the tunes, video's and hard work you put into WRS! But, you do sometimes come off which seems wrong and strong with the words you select. Seems as if we both got too Sensitive as you say.
Peace............Over & Out

Finished my marking, another quick session:

Loving this one 👍

This car handles weird :)

Damn, we just started and I'm already in last place.

Last edited:
Gave this about a dozen laps, fun car but the track isn't very forgiving... :nervous:

Easily another 2.5 tenths in S1 but at this stage, it's just about getting a clean lap :lol:

Nice combo, especially enjoying the last few turns of T1, making sure the car slides just enough but not too much.

Long tall Sally, she's built for speed, she got everything that Uncle John need. Aw, I'm gonna have me some fun.

Back