GTP_WRS Week 12: Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 50 comments
Wow, looking at those T3s, I'm even more surprised I didn't go down more than just one position. A LOT of people below me had a better T3 than I did, and as far down as 23 positions below me! I think as I improved the first two sectors, the last one got worse and worse...

Congrats to all. Chris I hope it's not that lonely at the top!!
I had a better hadicapped result than expected, and it was really hard to get traction with the DS3 so I'm happy for the week.

@Vagabond : Unbelievably perfect lap, you make it look so easy?!? The only query I have is that your replay doesn't have a username attached to it?!? It has your driver name of V. Bond but nothing else?
Many thanks for checking. :cheers: I ran off-line so my replay doesn't show my PSN - it is still in the replay file somewhere and Fetchy can still verify it when submitting.
Congrats on the win Chris. I knew you still had it in you. 👍 Also great job by GhostDriver and a special shoutout to Mike!! Congrats on the D2 win and overall podium!!
Great job Chris, nice to see you back in tip top shape.
Congratulations to all podium finishers, especially Chris for the overall win, Mike for getting a D1 time and both of you for the nice negative handicaps!

Very happy with my negative handicap, I worked hard for that one! Thank you Chris for the great combo and Vaxen for the results :cheers:
Congrats to all. Chris I hope it's not that lonely at the top!!
Thanks guys :cheers: It did feel good to get the win but I think this was just a blip and rally may be the only thing I'm still that fast at in GT6. I did love the way this little bugger behaved in the dirt and I just had a good feel for where the traction was. My 'perfect' lap would've been a good bit faster but it was tricky enough getting 2 good sectors together, never mind three!

On that note, I want to thank all of you who took part this week and made it a successful event. 👍 Dirt and snow events are not usually overly popular and I wanted to pick a car that would be good fun without being too fast to push it a bit... but still enough of a challenge to keep people looking for those ever elusive tenths. It seemed to work, I think and I hope most of you enjoyed it. I certainly did when I was testing it and although it was nice to get what may be my only win in GT6, it was just as rewarding that we had this many submissions and people had fun with it. :cheers:

Congratulations to Mike @Argon for a steaming result this week. Great job mate and a nice handicap reward for it. 👍 Also Ghost for pushing for a close second - if you hadn't made that mistake earlier in the week, may have been congratulating you on the win instead. 👍

Thanks again anyway guys. May have to do another rally event a bit sooner then and step up a class next time.... :sly:

Here's a quick-shot video of my lap if anyone wants a quick look:

@Friday_GTRP : You were super close on the corner just after T2 (see photo below) but the data logger looks clean
I'm going to have to step in on this one I'm afraid. In some cases, where there is an invisible wall, the data logger is useful for verifying contact. Not so if it's a visible barrier that doesn't generate a collision sound or cause a speed drop, as in this case. This is an instance where visual verification is everything and also an example of why we have this rule

• If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty

@Friday_GTRP - After visually verifying your lap, I got these shots at 52.310 and 52.357:

Eiger Nordwand W Trail _1.jpg

Eiger Nordwand W Trail .jpg

The first shows the bumper touching the fence post and the second is the smoking gun that shows that the wheel must also have passed 'through' the post. Ergo its dirty, I'm afraid and also a clear example of a lap that cannot be said to be guaranteed 100% clean. Its a DQ I'm sad to say

Friday_GTRP
rflagnv1.gif

To all: I'm sorry to make an example but we can't stress enough that cutting it this fine is not acceptable in the WRS. We are a fun, friendly and fair competition and the point of our rules is to ensure ease of verification. It isn't about finding those last fractions by cutting everything so fine that someone has to spend too much time to verify it. Imagine if everyone did that?

The first shows the bumper touching the fence post and the second is the smoking gun that shows that the wheel must also have passed 'through' the post. Ergo its dirty, I'm afraid and also a clear example of a lap that cannot be said to be guaranteed 100% clean. Its a DQ I'm sad to say

Friday_GTRP
rflagnv1.gif

To all: I'm sorry to make an example but we can't stress enough that cutting it this fine is not acceptable in the WRS. We are a fun, friendly and fair competition and the point of our rules is to ensure ease of verification. It isn't about finding those last fractions by cutting everything so fine that someone has to spend too much time to verify it. Imagine if everyone did that?

I realy had no intension to cut the corner and i completely respect the rules. You are right, i will check my replays better in the future and where i am not sure i will disregard the lap.

Thanks for a great rally combo. Also in racing some times less is more. 👍

Congrats to all winners and podiums. :cheers:

Thanks to MisterWeary and Bertracer for verifying my replay. 👍 Much appreciated. :)

I'm still keen to get an idea on how to improve in the dirt so I've checked a bunch more replays (can you tell I'm a school teacher and on holidays at the moment :sly:):

1'09.987---GTP_GhostDriver
user118395pic1573412914.gif

1'10.861---BionicDerp

1'11.501---smialas86

1'11.721---r0msiii

1'11.572---doughboy877

1'11.668---RowdLL

1'11.995---deacon-blues082

It's interesting to see that almost everyone who got under 1'11.6xx went really low near the bottom fence after the hairpin following T1 and got a good run up through the chicane...it never occurred to me to get that low on the track...I guess it highlights the need to experiment with different lines.

@GTPGhost: Really a beautiful lap to watch, like watching Vagabond's lap, you guys make it look easy!
@BionicDerp: The angles you held in the corners was like watching a proper rally event, great car control.
@smialas86: Fairly close call on the second to last corner but it was definitely clean
@r0msii: A Couple of close corners but it was clean, particularly nice line through the chicane
@Bertracer: Super clean lap, very easy to check!
@RodrigoDLL: I thought you were able to correct yourself throughout your lap really well
@deaconblues82: I liked your choice of car colour, looked nice in the sun

So I think there are two left, Napalm and Eggstor, I downloaded them but they both had Replay001 like a few others...there's probably a way to change the replay number so as not to get a double up but I'll let someone else check those. Nice work folks 👍

So I think there are two left, Napalm and Eggstor, I downloaded them but they both had Replay001 like a few others...there's probably a way to change the replay number so as not to get a double up but I'll let someone else check those. Nice work folks 👍
There isn't. I tried to edit the file that lists the folder the replay is supposed to be in, and that didn't work.

1'11.668---RowdLL

@RodrigoDLL: I thought you were able to correct yourself throughout your lap really well

Thanks a lot for checking! It was great fun driving this car, although I did not have much time to drive this weekend. But I wanted so much to improve that I got home on Monday after work with barely an hour to deadline, still managed to cut 7 thents with time to export and submit.

I can check the last two tonight when I get home, if they aren't checked yet.

I'm still keen to get an idea on how to improve in the dirt so I've checked a bunch more replays (can you tell I'm a school teacher and on holidays at the moment :sly:):

1'09.987---GTP_GhostDriver

1'10.861---BionicDerp

1'11.501---smialas86

1'11.721---r0msiii

1'11.572---doughboy877

1'11.668---RowdLL

1'11.995---deacon-blues082

It's interesting to see that almost everyone who got under 1'11.6xx went really low near the bottom fence after the hairpin following T1 and got a good run up through the chicane...it never occurred to me to get that low on the track...I guess it highlights the need to experiment with different lines.

@GTPGhost: Really a beautiful lap to watch, like watching Vagabond's lap, you guys make it look easy!
@BionicDerp: The angles you held in the corners was like watching a proper rally event, great car control.
@smialas86: Fairly close call on the second to last corner but it was definitely clean
@r0msii: A Couple of close corners but it was clean, particularly nice line through the chicane
@Bertracer: Super clean lap, very easy to check!
@deaconblues82: I liked your choice of car colour, looked nice in the sun

Thanks for verifying, i was actually mildly worried (i think just due to the nature of it being my first TT) but then i watched other laps that were clean, and realised you can get closer to things than i thought.... i guess that teaches to test the limits more.
Funny thing though i tried to get a better lap in the last 30mins, a few times i was up in sector 1 but would lose speed at the hairpin, then with 12mins to go i got the magic two light blue sectors, and suddenly heart started racing, the surge of adrenaline was most surprising, and of course i totally forgot the line into the last corner, and ended up down 0.080.. at that point i had to take in what had just happened and how much, in hindsight, it had put pressure on me knowing i had so little time to go, and most likely would have screwed up the submission anyway.
the excitement of those twocsectors was quite more than any online tt or anything ive done on gt6 though... crazy.
Thanks again and super tt

We call those BANZAI!!! runs. :cool: Given the deadline is 5pm Monday for me, I've only gotten to do them when Monday's a holiday.

Hahaha
Im only able to invest so much time into this at the moment as i resigned from my previous job about 3 weeks ago. i hope once im working again i can still find the time... both on the track and outside it.

Last two as clean as a clean lap can be:

Napalm_LT

GTP_Eggstor

Something wrong with the flag icon or is it just me?
Thanks for checking.

There is something wrong with the flag icon, but Fetchy doesn't care that the image doesn't exist anymore.

Awesome work folks, I just couldn't work out how to drive on dirt so I've just checked a bunch of replays to try and learn how it all works:

1'10.486---Friday_GTRP

1'10.338---GTP_Argon

1'10.693---GTP_LeftyWright

1'11.528---GTP_ollie57

1'10.566---Tuesday_Black

1'09.875---GTP_Vagabond

1'10.647---GTP_Eternal

1'11.010---GTP_NielsG2

1'11.474---The_Boss69

@Friday_GTRP : You were super close on the corner just after T2 (see photo below) but the data logger looks clean so I'm confident enough to call it clean 👍

BGUuLoR.jpg

@Argon : Really nice looking lap, didn't even come that close to barriers. I'm also curious how you and @Vagabond changed the picture on your replay file?

@LeftyWright69 : Nice lap, particularly thought you took the chicane beautifully!

@Andy 0 : Some close calls but it's clean, nice choice of car colour too :sly:👍

@Tuesday_Black : Some close calls but it was definitely clean, last corner in particular was really nice!

@Vagabond : Unbelievably perfect lap, you make it look so easy?!? The only query I have is that your replay doesn't have a username attached to it?!? It has your driver name of V. Bond but nothing else?

@Cats_PJs : I know yours didn't need checking but I was checking them anyway. Did you find the windscreen wipers useful :sly:👍

@NielsG : Nice lap, particularly impressed that you kept traction at angles I could never keep traction 👍

@The Boss69 : Nice work, did you really do 43 laps back to back as well?!? Far out, I restart WAAAAY too much it would seem :)

Again, well done folks, I'm super-impressed at how much fine control you guys can muster in the dirt 👍 I thought I'd leave you with a picture of how @Vagabond actually won...by burrowing under the track:

bKqSnIj.jpg
Thanks for checking. Yes I find that continuing without resetting a dirty lap gives me the oppotunity to excersise t3 at a slower pase and witout the selfimpossed pressure.

Congrats to all podium winners and people who archived their goal. And especially to NielsG who just couldn't let me have it this time either:cheers:

Back