GTP_WRS Week 13 : The Ultimate Enduro

• Thread starter EDK
  • 330 comments
Looks like I will not get another opportunity to run this combo. :( Shame, I loved it!

Al

First session in a couple of days and it has been enlightening and frustrating at the same time.
1'47.700

Have seen a few 38.8xx and a 38.6xx which I blew at the end of the straight. And have seen a 1.46.8xx which I blew by missing my chicane braking point. Eau Rougue is now well under control for my ability but stringing a faster T2 together has been impossible! Think I am braking far to early in places. Hope I can squeeze another 40 min in before deadline

Back from a weekend hiking and did some laps at Spa and could improve to

1:48.550

A bit faster for me is possible but on this long track it's hard to drive a good lap all the way.

From the bonzai series of runs, where most of the laps get red-flagged for being too aggressive (like one with a sub-1:48 T2)...

1:48.350

Final time submitted and accepted; on to the UK.

Just managed a split 2 time of 1'44.367, did a very good Blanchimont, but was very rough in the final chicane. The result? 0.010 slower than my best time. :ouch: It's easily the closest I've come to improving my time though; my previous second-best effort was 0.379 slower.

As for time left on track, there's a full two tenths in T1 and perhaps a few hundredths in T3. I can't see myself overtaking Bart, but gaining a tenth to secure second place would be great. Even if I don't improve at all, I can't be too unhappy with my current time.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_1.jpg
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_2.jpg

Guys, please excuse my ignorance. Why is image 1 dirty and image 2 clean?

Ahh, I'm guessing because he inside wheels are over rumblestrip area.

Attachments

• Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_1.jpg
    Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_1.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 7
@gm matthew i can see your frustration. Same here, saw 38,3 and 1:05,9 sector times but not able to string it all together. Submitted and accepted see you at the finnish line ;)

Both are technically clean, it's just that the game red-laps a little too eagerly there, kind of like on some of the rumbles at Fuji. In the online race, for example, we're considering all of the red-n-white legal.

But here in the TT, if you can't save it as a best-lap, then you have to keep trying.

You mean why is the system red-lapping? My understaning is that both would be clean by WRS standards but the game is sometimes quite strict with some corners. Deep Forest has one like that.
That section is tricky even with the wheel. It's a sequence of three turns. The key to sub 39 T1 for me was:

1. cut across the rumbles of the first turn, no steering
2. brake while keeping partial throttle right after you clear the rumbles
3. turn early
4. accelerate early, you want to be at full throttle before the 2nd turn apex
5. keep it on the track through the last turn (that's the toughest part :))

Last edited:
View attachment 145549 View attachment 145550

Well, I thought we can use all of the rumbles unless the game redlights it :confused: Rules say that all red-white rumbles are part of track so, if the game accepts the lap, there should be no issue or am I wrong? :confused:

EDIT: @Gravitron @mr_lab_rat You guys were faster than me :lol:

Sure, feel free to create one in here in the WRS TT area. 👍 I believe Lefty had done so in the past years.

I didn't get a chance to run again this weekend, but I'm happy to submit the lap currently on the board. I think I could gain a tenth in T3 if I didn't slide too much in Blanchimont. Anxious to see the results :D

Messed up a 1'44.300 in T3. :banghead:

I also managed the mother of all T2s a bit earlier. I can't remember the actual time, but I think it was a low 1'05.8xx or so. Unfortunately, my T1 was rather poor (38.5xx) and I ran wide in Blanchimont, voiding the lap.

My nerves are frazzled, so I've called it a week and submitted. Disappointed to have gone through all tonight's effort for nothing, but sometimes that's just what happens.

My nerves are frazzled, so I've called it a week and submitted. Disappointed to have gone through all tonight's effort for nothing, but sometimes that's just what happens.

I think I know how you feel. I've spent a few more hours today trying to improve. I got a lap better by almost 0.2s once, and that's about it. It was slightly dirty coming off of the rumble strip at the exit of Blanchimont... I just stopped now, hoping to save what's left of my sanity.

Extremely happy with that result considering I was using a ds3 and x-[] for brake and throttle.

My thumb was tapping that x button for all it's worth to keep that car in check at the rear in every corner.

Back