GTP_WRS Week 145 : Old School Suzuka *GT5 Finale* - Submission Instructions Updated!

• Thread starter EDK
  • 203 comments

EDK

WRS Admin
United States
Boise, ID
GTP_EDK
wrstitlestimetrials2.png

GT5 Week 145 : Old School Suzuka *GT5 Finale*

gt5logo.png

Hotlap Event in GT Mode Practice

Suzuka Circuit_9.jpg

Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype C.N.0706 '67

Suzuka Circuit_6.jpg

Suzuka Circuit

Suzuka Circuit_1.jpg

:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

Race Details:

• Mode: GT Mode : Practice : A-Spec Free Run
  • Track: World Circuits > Suzuka Circuit
  • Car Type: Premium > New Car Dealer
  • Make: Italy > Lamborghini
  • Model: Miura P400 Bertone Prototype C.N.0706 '67

Suzuka Circuit_3.jpg

Vehicle Specifics:

oat6iu.jpg

• Power: 366 BHP (This is power after oil change and full breakin.)
  • Weight: 980 kg (Use of Ballast and Ballast Adjustment is Optional)
  • Weight Reductions: Not Allowed - Admin Verifiable
  • Chassis Reinforcement: Allowed
  • Engine Modifications: Not Allowed - Admin Verifiable
  • Intake Modifications: Not Allowed - Admin Verifiable
  • Exhaust Modifications: Not Allowed - Admin Verifiable
  • Turbo: N/A
  • Transmission: Upgrades Not Allowed - Admin Verifiable
  • Drivetrain Modifications: All Allowed
  • Suspension: Fully Customizable Suspension Kit Allowed
  • Tyre Type: Sports Medium (S2's)
  • Aero Modifications: Not Allowed - Admin Verifiable
  • Oil Change: Required
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
  • In Event (R/A) Tuning Settings (Brake Balance): Optional.
  • Tire Wear and Fuel Depletion (New for Spec II): OFF - Your Replay must show a full fuel tank and unworn tires.

Suzuka Circuit_4.jpg

Race Specifics:

• The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • Tarmac and rumble Strips are Track.
  • The Green Surfaces Next to Rumble Strips are NOT Track.

Steward's Comments:
We created a bit of a bookend for the event name. Week 1 of GT5 was "Old School Tsukuba" and featured American Muscle on a Japanese track. Now we feature one of the original Supercars, and doesn't it sound amazing? I don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to week 1 of GT6 WRS already. :cheers: to all of the registry members and participants from GT5. 👍 :gtplanet:

Viewing your T1 & T2 Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'
  • To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1 & T2 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

Suzuka Circuit_8.jpg

SaveBestLapIcon.png

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• At Least 2 Tires must be in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires in-line would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track.
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay
Suzuka Circuit_7.jpg

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):

• Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread :

• T1 & T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.
[COLOR=*f3f3f3]Number of splits: 2[/COLOR]

Submission:
All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 145 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line: Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • With GT6 around the corner, hopefully 200 participants, and everybody needing to send a replay in the first week, we've changed the weekly submissions as well. You now need to attach the replay directly to the conversation instead of posting it on the forums.
  • To test this out we have enabled this functionality already. This way we can test it with a smaller group and make sure everything is working for GT6.
    This means everybody will need to send a replay this week.
  • Sending a replay directly to Fethcy has lots of advantages.
  • All the replays will be available immediately after the deadline, checking will be easier and quicker, the week can be closed earlier and best of all you create a museum of you own progress throughout WRS and you can view and analyze that of others. So we're thinking of requiring replays in GT6 every week.
  • If you want to submit multiple times in the week that is still not a problem. Just reply to the conversation with your new time and new replay. Fetchy always uses the last submitted time as the final one.
  • See this screenshot as an example on how to submit:
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Thursday, December 5th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.
Time verification:
Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

Suzuka Circuit.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited:
Yeah, we are not putting up another, so I made the deadline for the TT the day before GT6 release. 👍

First 10 laps done. Pretty sloppy in some places.

2 weeks is good for me, I have never really figured this track out. Nice way to finish out GT5 with a classic car on a tough track.

This is my tune that I built for the car when we were running the parity races. It was set up for Monza, so you might want to loosen in up a bit for varying corner styles here at Suz.

RH -18/-20
Springs 10.0/12.0
Dampers 1's around
ARB 5/5
Camber 2.0/1.0
Toe 0.0/-0.05
LSD 9/17/8
BB 4/4

Hi Kev 👍

I haven't run a WRS in ages, but I ran the 1st WRS in GT5, and I've not driven the Muira before other than in a Seasonal with loads of ballast... so I'd best run the last :)

Few laps to see if I like the car - feels lovely on entry, but it definitely needs some work to get rid of the horrendous mid corner understeer.

Hate this track and not sure I like the car that much either but it's the last TT in GT5, I've finally fixed my PS3 so just as well post some splits.

59.347 59.356
47.993 47.840

Kev, my Lambo has 1hp more than your posted max...???

Last edited:

First 10 laps done. Pretty sloppy in some places.

Man only 10 laps and you come up with those :crazy:

Just found out you won the seasonal with this car a couple of weeks a go. Very nice congrats 👍 You must be delighted. That tune must work pretty good here :sly:

Hi Kev 👍

I haven't run a WRS in ages, but I ran the 1st WRS in GT5, and I've not driven the Muira before other than in a Seasonal with loads of ballast... so I'd best run the last :)

Few laps to see if I like the car - feels lovely on entry, but it definitely needs some work to get rid of the horrendous mid corner understeer.

Hi Chris nice to see you and nice first splits.

Man only 10 laps and you come up with those :crazy:

Just found out you won the seasonal with this car a couple of weeks a go. Very nice congrats 👍 You must be delighted. That tune must work pretty good here :sly:

It does actually. :lol: Though I had to make a lot of changes to it as it was for comfort mediums.

Welcome back Chris. :)

Last edited:
It does actually. :lol: Though I had to make a lot of changes to it as it was for comfort mediums.

Welcome back Chris. :)

want to share your tune with us?

Dennis 👍

Andrew is just bloody fast!

I know i see the seasonal result.

And see you just above me a lot of times as well :grumpy:

Hi Kev 👍

Great to see you, Chris. 👍

Kev, my Lambo has 1hp more than your posted max...???
Probably just depends on the screen you are looking at the HP in. I believe I grabbed it from the garage, and I think that power varies from the tuning screen.

I'm 99.9% sure I changed the oil, but that means there's a 0.1% chance that is the issue. ;)

EDK
This is my tune that I built for the car when we were running the parity races. It was set up for Monza, so you might want to loosen in up a bit for varying corner styles here at Suz.

RH -18/-20
Springs 10.0/12.0
Dampers 1's around
ARB 5/5
Camber 2.0/1.0
Toe 0.0/-0.05
LSD 9/17/8
BB 4/4
Had to tighten up the dampers as with the 1's setting it was getting upset on the rumble strips.

Had to tighten up the dampers as with the 1's setting it was getting upset on the rumble strips.
That's normally why I set the dampers that low, to be able to drive on the rumbles. Something I learned when tuning the Yellowhat Supra at Motegi. The car wanted to spin every time I hit the rumbles, and lowering dampers to 1 took that trait away.

Will have to give your suggestion a try, as I learned that trick before the game physics were changed to correct the nose in the air being fast. Generally, I find that damper settings do not affect mid corner handling the way some people believe they do. Springs, Ride Height and camber have a much great impact on mid corner handling, as does LSD, to an extent.

Dampers affect how the car reacts to rumbles and other immediate/abrupt elevation or surface changes.

Really want to run this, but need to earn the car.... bored of running the Lambo seasonal. Can't clear S246. Usually I'd love this sort of stuff but seeing how it's a barrier to my participation I'm absolutely hating it and my desire to improve is zero.

With the micro-transactions in GT6 the trade restrictions are really going to hurt me again with the WRS.

Really want to run this, but need to earn the car.... bored of running the Lambo seasonal. Can't clear S246. Usually I'd love this sort of stuff but seeing how it's a barrier to my participation I'm absolutely hating it and my desire to improve is zero.

With the micro-transactions in GT6 the trade restrictions are really going to hurt me again with the WRS.
You know this car is the prize for the Lambo seasonal, right?

I imagine turning off SRF would make it easier for you to win.

We're Going to Use the Lamborghini Miura for the Last GT5 WRS (Week 145)

Hey DrTrouserPlank

This tune that Nismo n13 posted on another thread along with SRF is a massive help in winning that seasonal.

gallardo lp560-4
sport sof tyres
twin clutch
racing flywheel
variable diff
lsd
fully customisable suspension

front rear
-15 -15
12.0 12.0
6 6
6 6
4 4

2.2 1.8
0.00 0.20

EDK
You know this car is the prize for the Lambo seasonal, right?

I imagine turning off SRF would make it easier for you to win.
I think you mean turning SRF on? :)

Last edited:
I love Suzuka but I'm usually slow here :( New car with oil change. A few laps just for fun. Not sure about competitiveness this week, injured my tail bone so it's pretty painful to drive. Anyhow, here's a few splits.

Thanks for the advice with the seasonals. I always forget about SRF but I cleared it easily with that.

The "chasis reinforcement" allowed in this event is what is called "rigidity improvement" in the game right?... before I go and wreck the car I've spent the last week earning.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice with the seasonals. I always forget about SRF but I cleared it easily with that.

Before I go and wreck my car, the "chasis reinforcement" allowed in this event is what is called "rigidity improvement" in the game right?... before I go and wreck the car I've spent the last week earning.
That should be right. To put it differently, any chassis reinforcement changes are legal. None can disqualify you.

I would be careful and back up your game save before adding that. You might not like how the car behaves with it.

EDK
That should be right. To put it differently, any chassis reinforcement changes are legal. None can disqualify you.

I would be careful and back up your game save before adding that. You might not like how the car behaves with it.

Thanks for the tip...

I've got to break the car in so maybe it's worth doing it less the rigidity modification to get a feel? then see what happens... of course weight transfer can be beneficial sometimes......

EDK

I actually prefer having it installed. Feels a bit easier to control.

Eventually made some progress this evening - though I wasted loads of time wondering why I was losing time on the start finish straight to my ghost until I noticed my gears had reset to default FFS.

Chipped around.5 off my previous best, but I'll hang on posting updated splits until I've had a better run with proper gearing.

Gearing and LSD are sorted. I'm now adjusting the entry balance via rear toe and brake bias, and mid corner grip via camber and dampers. Car feels better to me with chassis reinforcement as it stabilises entry without affecting mid corner grip.

The car now feels pretty nice.

Eventually made some progress this evening - though I wasted loads of time wondering why I was losing time on the start finish straight to my ghost until I noticed my gears had reset to default FFS......

Standard transmission Chris so you can't change the gears anyway ;)

Back