GTP_WRS Week 145 : Old School Suzuka *GT5 Finale* - Submission Instructions Updated!

• Thread starter EDK
  • 203 comments
New splits with ABS2

For some reason my splits haven't been picked up.

Last edited:
It's a good thing this one goes until Thursday. My holiday weekend turned into 'entertain the mother-in-law', so I didn't get any time to run this until yesterday. :rolleyes:

She's a slippery beast, but I'm slowly working out my breakpoints. I have at least another .25 in T1 and T2 plus I haven't really gotten the hairpin right, so there's that. My splits so far:

Using a modified version of Andrew's tune.👍

Small improvement, hope I get some more time on this before the deadline.

Running late on this one last week been a really busy one.. First splits :

Nice turnout and good splits all over the board 👍

I'm at 361 hp and I do love this combo!! Though I messed up the spoon in the middle of the corner, drove on gravel for some time :P, would have definitely been a 47.3!!

Last edited:
I got a lap almost a full second faster than my posted earlier, about .4xx faster in the splits and went to jump off the track to save the replay... GT5 froze :(:banghead:

Beat my T1 and T2 time by .5. T3 was about .4 worse than my best, but still .2 better at the line.

Last edited:
Slower T1 but T2 looking better and 3 tenths up at the line. Not sure if I can find anything else it's hard to string 3 good sectors together.

Not sure what is different today, but I will take it. I kept looking at all of my settings to make sure they were right, and they were. Still a so so T3, as compared to others I have had. Fetchy does not seem to be picking up strike thrus, at least when I try so I am just reposting in new post.

Very unsuccessful the past few days. Almost at full power, but no time gain yet. Can't stop over-driving it, though I think I need to get wonky-doodle heading into turn 1, it's the only place I can see where I'm missing time in sector 1 at the moment. I can see a 47.0 in T2, but not a 58.0 in T1. :/

I was up 0.4s on my ghost at T1... 4 BLOODY TENTHS! ...messed up ridiculously in the spoon... :grumpy::banghead:🤬:irked::(

Got close to my lost time.

Last edited:
Well it aint the easiest combo I ever took part in! This sucker has a very twitchy ass mid turn with throttle :P spent a good few hours on it last night and my best save so far has...

I have been slightly faster for each split but need to put them together... I will have some more laps later tonight and see how it goes :cheers:

Superb splits from the front runners 👍

I can't keep this thing in the road, my pedals are fit for the bin - going to invest in new ones! CSR standard pedals or CSR elite though? Not sure I'm good enough to need a load cell :lol:

I found some time to give it a proper try, I don't know if I'll find some time tomorrow, this is what I have clean so far:

I just can't drive this car or this track, especially after several months away from GT5. Oh well; somebody has to be the backmarker.

1'00.964

I just can't drive this car or this track, especially after several months away from GT5. Oh well; somebody has to be the backmarker.

1'00.964
This is a very tricky combo to push on with anyway, particularly so if you're a bit rusty. Kudos for joining in anyway though. 👍

I managed to get another go in between bouts of GTA V and actually got the car to full power:

Lots of time left to find but not likely for me I don't think. I wish I'd put more time in now, its loads of fun (between pounding your head off a table)

Lost 0.25 in T3, most in the last chicane. Spoon wasn't perfect; could have potentially seen a 46.9xx in T2.

Exciting to be mixing it up with some of the aliens :D

I can't keep this thing in the road, my pedals are fit for the bin - going to invest in new ones! CSR standard pedals or CSR elite though? Not sure I'm good enough to need a load cell :lol:
I have the Elites, from a bundle pack with the Fanatec GT3 RS wheel. I run the load cell on 0/10, any higher and it's literally hard to get 100% brake pressure.
I have to wonder if the "standard" isn't firm enough itself. (I'm not sure the exact differences)

But I do have to say that I love the pedals overall. (only had the dfgt before though)

Found a half at the line! :dopey: Strangely it didn't feel fast. It felt like I was about two seconds slower than I actually was and I wonder now...is that what the aliens feel like? When you set a fast lap are there point where you stress from trying to find hundredths or does it all feel like one smooth ribbon?

This combo is driving me insane :lol:

So far, I have 12 laps all within 0.1 of each other but with T1/T2 splits that vary by 0.3.

I love Suzuka, and normally love mid-engined cars, but the Muira is an evil SOB… It has ‘brake release oversteer’ in to turn 1 and part throttle mid corner understeer and I’ve found it impossible to tune out one without making the other worse.

Turn 1 & Degner :banghead: :banghead::banghead:

Lots of time left to find but not likely for me I don't think. I wish I'd put more time in now, its loads of fun (between pounding your head off a table)

I know that feeling :lol:

0.23 faster in T3. Lost about 0.1 in the hairpin, but pretty happy with my current lap. Submitting in case I don't get another chance to run.

EDIT - Fetchy's not picking up my splits:

Last edited:

0.233 faster in T3. Lost about 0.1 in the hairpin, but pretty happy with my current lap. Submitting in case I don't get another chance to run.

That is a nice jump on the board 👍 Well done

I will submit with the splits on the board.

Will continue playing a new racing game tonight ;)

I'll submit with these splits,pretty much done with this one.
Firing' up #6 tomorrow
:cheers:

I had another session tonight and for a while I was confident I was going to smash my splits... a few 47.9xx at T1 and carried the advantage through T2 only to either run wide in 130r or miss the apex of the Casio and lose it all again :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Had enough of this one and will be switching to GT6 tomorrow.

Pretty messy T1 lost 3 tenths there, Really close to my PB T2, and decent T3 although its Down 3 tenths from an alien best I had earlier managed. All in all, I look for 3-4 tenths and I'll be happy..

Back