GTP_WRS Week 16: Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 46 comments
If you've enjoyed this combo, why not check out the online race? :dopey: Now there's also an official race in the weekend, on Saturday at 21:00 GMT.
Have you seen how early I have to brake on Brock's Skyline in order to not lose it going into the Esses? I wouldn't do well even in a D-League race.

2.17.506 what a great time Mamba and a D1 win, fantastic. Well done to all with some great times, I am in such awe of you all and you's have my total respect. I never got much time at this with a busy week at work, I came last in my division but I will give Daytona a good run. I am still amazed at how fast you guys can go. I am really enjoying the TTs thanks for you're time in setting them up every week. Finally, I am so glad I found such a friendly and fun website thanks to you all. Will post some splits now.

Michael

Well done Manu and all other podium winners and everyone who did their best this week. I think all of us who put a good effort into this were surprised at where our final times ended up. I know early in the week I was thinking I hope I can get to a 21, then a 20, and by the end I narrowly missed out on an 18. I always enjoy learning a new track and this one in particular was a real challenge to figure out. Thanks to all :cheers: who freely share their tips and tunes (@jimipitbull and @Cats_PJs ).

Congratulations everyone on their promotions, and welcome to the new guys! Special Congrats to Brandon @ItsAllAboutWins and Lucas @Gravitron!! Both really really well deserved! Now podium just got a lot easier :mischievous:

I stand totally corrected, Had you guys not been promoted I would have finished only 4th :sly:
Great times everyone, Congrats to Manu @manumanu19 for the overall win, @jimipitbull for the amazing tune and D2 win and everyone who managed thier goal this week!

Time for some replay checks:

atongo619:
greenflag-gif.152575

doughboy877:
greenflag-gif.152575

GTP_Zapphoid:
greenflag-gif.152575

Mark_Sebo:
greenflag-gif.152575

raffy_vor_lengg:
greenflag-gif.152575

GT_COL:
greenflag-gif.152575

I'll see if I can crank out some write-ups.

Since we had this kind of write-up for the overall win last week, let's do it again.

Welcome to the Division 4 hot lap finals between Nii Aryeetey (@GranTurismo916) and Mark Sebo (@Mark_S) here at historic Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit. Sebo has been at it a while in his gray-and-carbon Fairlady Z, beginning his 20th lap at 11:17 am under a nearly-cloudless sky, while Aryeetey is on his first lap of this session in his blue-and-black Fairlady Z at 10:00 am with threatening skies in the distance.

Sebo crosses the start/finish line to start the lap 5 mph faster than Aryettey and sets up on the far outside heading into Hell Corner. Aryettey dives deep into Hell Corner and erases Sebo's advantage by mid-corner, but slides the rear end out coming out of the corner. Sebo's shorter third and fourth gears and better traction off the corner gives him the advantage heading up Mountain Straight.

Once again, Aryettey waits longer to stomp on the brakes headed into Griffins Bend and takes the lead headed into the right-hander, extending it to 3/10ths of a second in mid-corner. Sebo hangs tough, gets a better exit again, and shaves a tenth off the lead before The Cutting.

A pattern is developing, as Aryeetey is fearless in the first half of The Cutting, not lifting and stretching his lead to a half-second in the middle of the second half. A tentative exit cost him some time exiting The Cutting, while Sebo once again gets a picture-perfect exit.

They head into Quarry Corner, and this time it's Aryeetey's turn to lift, while Sebo keeps his foot in the accelerator. Sebo's within a tenth at Reid Park, but he has to lift longer as he takes a slightly-wide entry. Aryeetey hustles through McPhillamy Park onto Brock's Skyline, and has extended his lead to a full half-second again.

They both slow to enter The Esses, and Sebo goes wide in the second right-hander. He recovers nicely, but Aryeetey extends the lead to 7/10ths in The Dipper. They both handle that tricky corner neatly, and head to Forrest's Elbow.

Aryeetey drives it very deep into Forrest's Elbow and drops the car down into first gear while keeping the turn tight. Sebo takes advantage, and, showing no fear of the tire barrier sticking almost into the racing line, closes the gap to a shrinking 6/10ths coming out of Forrest's Elbow.

They're now streaking down Conrod Straight. Sebo closes to a half-second, but it sounds like he chose a higher sixth gear, and his charge winds down as they enter The Chase. Aryeetey gets a better entry into the left-hander, but has to lift coming off the final right-hander of The Chase and heads down to Murray's Corner with a shrinking half-second lead.

It's Sebo's last chance, and he waits until the last possible moment to slam on the brakes. Sebo nails the corner and gets back on the gas very quickly. Unfortunately, 3/10ths of a second is too much to make up in such a short time on the Main Straight, and Aryeetey takes the checkered flag in 2:23.134, a mere 0.228 seconds ahead of Sebo.

Last edited:
Since we had this kind of write-up for the overall win last week, let's do it again.

Welcome to the Division 4 hot lap finals between Nii Aryeetey (@GranTurismo916) and Mark Sebo (@Mark_S) here at historic Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit. Sebo has been at it a while in his gray-and-carbon Fairlady Z, beginning his 20th lap at 11:17 am under a nearly-cloudless sky, while Aryeetey is on his first lap of this session in his blue-and-black Fairlady Z at 10:00 am with threatening skies in the distance.

Sebo crosses the start/finish line to start the lap 5 mph faster than Aryettey and sets up on the far outside heading into Hell Corner. Aryettey dives deep into Hell Corner and erases Sebo's advantage by mid-corner, but slides the rear end out coming out of the corner. Sebo's shorter third and fourth gears and better traction off the corner gives him the advantage heading up Mountain Straight.

Once again, Aryettey waits longer to stomp on the brakes headed into Griffins Bend and takes the lead headed into the right-hander, extending it to 3/10ths of a second in mid-corner. Sebo hangs tough, gets a better exit again, and shaves a tenth off the lead before The Cutting.

A pattern is developing, as Aryeetey is fearless in the first half of The Cutting, not lifting and stretching his lead to a half-second in the middle of the second half. A tentative exit cost him some time exiting The Cutting, while Sebo once again gets a picture-perfect exit.

They head into Quarry Corner, and this time it's Aryeetey's turn to lift, while Sebo keeps his foot in the accelerator. Sebo's within a tenth at Reid Park, but he has to lift longer as he takes a slightly-wide entry. Aryeetey hustles through McPhillamy Park onto Brock's Skyline, and has extended his lead to a full half-second again.

They both slow to enter The Esses, and Sebo goes wide in the second right-hander. He recovers nicely, but Aryeetey extends the lead to 7/10ths in The Dipper. They both handle that tricky corner neatly, and head to Forrest's Elbow.

Aryeetey drives it very deep into Forrest's Elbow and drops the car down into first gear while keeping the turn tight. Sebo takes advantage, and, showing no fear of the tire barrier sticking almost into the racing line, closes the gap to a shrinking 6/10ths coming out of Forrest's Elbow.

They're now streaking down Conrod Straight. Sebo closes to a half-second, but it sounds like he chose a higher sixth gear, and his charge winds down as they enter The Chase. Aryeetey gets a better entry into the left-hander, but has to lift coming off the final right-hander of The Chase and heads down to Murray's Corner with a shrinking half-second lead.

It's Sebo's last chance, and he waits until the last possible moment to slam on the brakes. Sebo nails the corner and gets back on the gas very quickly. Unfortunately, 3/10ths of a second is too much to make up in such a short time on the Main Straight, and Aryeetey takes the checkered flag in 2:23.134, a mere 0.228 seconds ahead of Sebo.
That's awesome. 👍

Well done Manu, very impressive lap.

Competition was fierce this week, and I had a ton of fun once I finally learned the track.

Excellent combo @Sjaak.

When it gets better than my ham-fisted attempt, we'll remember to thank you. :cheers:
Seriously, I think both write-ups are about equal in epic :bowdown:. 👍 Obviously the data logger helps, but I'm pretty sure I could easily spend 2-4 hours trying to match the detail you both put into these. :cheers:

doodlemonoply:
greenflag-gif.152575

End of sector two, going wide to the rumble causes some unsettling.
GTP_Anastasis:
greenflag-gif.152575

Somehow the car plunges precisely next to the walls!
vida_cz:
greenflag-gif.152575

Good nerves. Same thing happens as with Doodle.
akz24:
greenflag-gif.152575

Ettick_:
greenflag-gif.152575

Teamsreth:
greenflag-gif.152575

Seriously, I think both write-ups are about equal in epic :bowdown:. 👍 Obviously the data logger helps, but I'm pretty sure I could easily spend 2-4 hours trying to match the detail you both put into these. :cheers:
The data logger was vital for this. I would have definitely missed the gearing differences without it, and it would have taken far longer to quantify the time differences.

Funny you mention 2-4 hours; that's about what I put into the full process (including checking the other 4 replays).

It helps that the D4 battle this past week and the overall battle the prior week were so close and featured contrasting driving styles.

Thanks for the likes everybody. I'm glad you enjoyed the writeup.

Last edited:

Nice review 👍 I took a look at the data logger thing myself to see where I lost time from my previous lap and surprisingly it wasn't at the chicane as I had initially thought, It was actually the last corner, I dipped 10kmh more than on my previous best last corner. This can come in handy for future events as it shows exactly where you need to improve and what you need to do. Its pretty clear :lol:

Back