GTP_WRS Week 18 : How Very Dare You?

• Thread starter Vagabond
  • 224 comments
Yet to submit and i see the d3 podium certainty is now under considerable threat. Will be on in a few hours to lay that to rest I hope
See you soon on the track

So how much time did you exactly spend on those? :D

1,237 Kilometers. If you beat this time, you definitely earned/deserve the win. I put a lot of effort into this one due to no real aliens showing up. I was ready to quit about 4 tenths ago, then you showed up. It actually only took about 45 minutes to get those splits using Barons new tune. I had been running v1 up until last night. I'm off to bed.. We are both definitely getting negative handicaps. Good luck! 👍

Final splits for me.

1'25.621

A little disappointed to leave at least half a second out there but frustration was kicking in to it's time to stop.

Forgot to that Cats PJs and Mr Safeway for sharing tunes. I used Mr Safeway's tranny and the rest from Cats PJs.

I have had very limited time with this. Using Baron's tune (final adjusted up to 2.750) and for the first time, ABS at 1 because it is impossible to not lock up racing brakes on non-racing cars with ABS 0....

1:26.234

Think I'll try Lucas' transmission settings next.

I have had very limited time with this. Using Baron's tune (final adjusted up to 2.750) and for the first time, ABS at 1 because it is impossible to not lock up racing brakes on non-racing cars with ABS 0....

1:26.234

Think I'll try Lucas' transmission settings next.

Why do you go for no ABS steve? Just curious...

Why do you go for no ABS steve? Just curious...
Call me a (ex-)purist :lol:. Seriously, I've learned how to modulate the G27 brake pedal so I don't really lock up the brakes on too many cars. Racing brakes in GT6 seem to be a bit too strong for the average car (or the Academy version of the GT-R), however.

The last time we had a tuning week, at Bathurst, I kept the stock brakes on. That isn't an option this time.

Lucas' transmission settings allow me to shift a bit less than the modified version of Barron's transmission settings. Fifth seems a touch too tall because I am slightly later (yet faster) at the end of the front straight. Fresh splits (may well submit this one)...

1:25.983

(Remove duplicate post - somehow was still saved in the drafts)

Was away over the weekend.. and left my glasses in another county..:banghead:.. so have been struggling to see the barriers around this course.. and don't have good splits.. hopefully I will have my glasses back before next weeks TT submission deadline..

1'25.773

Accepted

Last splits for this, trying to stay of the bottom of div3.

Dont worry, I can be up to it. Your photo with the megane and the leaves flying always strike my attention. Great pic:tup:
Were are those guys of Div4? General defection, since @Mark_S, the one remaining is faster than me and will be promoted soon and stop winning cups :D
Anyhow I saw an improvment

Last edited:
1,237 Kilometers. If you beat this time, you definitely earned/deserve the win. I put a lot of effort into this one due to no real aliens showing up. I was ready to quit about 4 tenths ago, then you showed up. It actually only took about 45 minutes to get those splits using Barons new tune. I had been running v1 up until last night. I'm off to bed.. We are both definitely getting negative handicaps. Good luck! 👍
Wow, I've done something around 700. I was hoping to take the win, but now I really doubt I can go faster than you, mate. You know, a certain possibility is there combining my best sector times, but it's another thing if i can do it... I can do around 1 hour today, no more time due to school, so if I can't make it, big congrats for that outstanding time :bowdown: I'd also be happy to take 2nd :)

Submitted and accepted with splits on the board happy as it's first TT in a few weeks and with a pretty much stock tune .

Gave this one last try. Last, wild, desperate setup alternatives. No results.
Took Tokyo-London all-nighter

1'24.052

A couple tenths left yet.

Also, some changes to the tune.

Ballast - 5
lsd 10/20/15
AR Bars 3/4
Toe 0.00/-0.05

Everything else the same.

How can you have ballast -5?? Makes 1 more PP??

I thought 507 max was the rule?

After my last session I could not do any better than 0.005 slower than my ghost... Submitting with these, good luck to all, who are still running.

How can you have ballast -5?? Makes 1 more PP??

I thought 507 max was the rule?
Earlier in the week Lucas said it was OK if it went over do to ballast, and Fetchy seems to agree.

Back