GTP_WRS Week 2 : FXXza Irresistibile!

• Thread starter Vagabond
  • 688 comments
Submitted and accepted.

Disappointed with my time, was constantly going a couple tenths faster in the first sector, but lost it all in the second and third sector every lap.

I tried to submit but got this response:

Submission for week 2 is REJECTED!

The psn in the replay 'TP_billyjoebob' does not match your own psn 'GTP_billyjoebobx'

Help?

1'02.417

Lap submitted. Gonna run a few more now. I know theres more time to save somewhere in there

Not proud of my achievements this week, don't know why, but I just could not get a grip on sector 2. I just hope my third sector was a decent one or I will not live up to my handicap. Submitted and accepted.

I got bored with the Super Bowl last night at 22-0, so I ran laps in the FXX instead :lol:

Way more productive:tup:

1'01.983

I agree with some of the other posts. This car is all about weight distribution. Brake early, gradually letting off the brake through the brake zone so you can 'coast' through the turn. And start the turn slightly before you enter the corner. When I do it right, all the weight transfers into the tires I need for the next turn, pulling the car through the turn.

If I had unlimited time, I think I could learn to drive this car well, but I, unfortunately do not have that kind of time. Submitting with these splits.:cheers:

EDIT: Accepted!! Better outcome than last week. :D

A pic to summarize my impression of the FXX:
12294055013_0833ab5161_b.jpg

Now, on to the next!!

Last edited:
As per usual with me, I'm on my Monday night push for those last few tenths.... I've seen a .25x improvement at T2 a few times, and definitely some left in T3... just can't put them together... yet! :lol:

Just had my replay rejected for this reason.

The psn in the replay 'gazleton' does not match your own psn 'gazelton'

I don't understand. My psn is gazleton not gazelton.

Just had my replay rejected for this reason.

The psn in the replay 'gazleton' does not match your own psn 'gazelton'

I don't understand. My psn is gazleton not gazelton.
Please try again. We had corrected it last week but it was reverted to incorrect inadvertantly today.

Having one last bash before submitting:

1'00.884

Not great in T1 or T2, but over two tenths faster in T3. Hopefully I can string together a great lap, failing that my current T3 might be enough to hop up one or two places :)

Submitted and accepted I'm not happy with my time I just can't get my head around this car anyway on with the next now :)

NOOOO. Went to submit and apparently my dumb ass had SRF=ON. Fetchy didn't like that. Too bad I deleted all my other replays. Back to work.

1:02.283

Alrighty then, Fetchy accepted my lap this time. :)

My feet are finally adapting to those DFGT pedals. I think I'll order the Fanatec GT3 with Elite pedals tonight.

I left several tenths out there, I threw away many 27.1s and 101.1s, but my best T3 was with this lap. I just hope this lap isn't too crippling to my handicap. :dunce:

1'01.400

Gah! Only been able to run this one pretty much... today. Hit a decent next division up time... but I'm dirty on the second chicane... :(

Gotta try to get this in... FXX is my kind of car around my kind of track.

1'00.616

Sadly I lost nearly all of the time I had gained by braking too early for the Parabolica and running on the inside curb. Also, the lap is very close to being three wheels off in the second chicane.

Decided to have another go and came up with a faster lap. T3 has some close points (like, within 3 inches perhaps....) but been over it quite a few times and if I was reviewing it would get a clean bill of health so I'm gonna submit this!

1'01.087

Pretty crazy difficult week for me, I suspect I'll prop the division up again but oh well :)

Edit: Wow, so slow in sector 2. Must be the 2nd chicane, can never exit with enough speed.

Last edited:
1'00.850

Poor exit out of Lesmo cost me two tenths. :( On the bright side, no close calls on this lap.

The Parabolica is an odd corner where braking too early is worse than braking too late. I braked a bit late on this lap and still gained time.

Submitted and accepted... I could improve by a nice amount, but in these days, meh... I was a bit busy...
Plus, I got the new battery for the notebook, so I could come back on Simraceway (SRW) and attempted to an hotlap event @ Donington GP with the BMW Z4 GT3...
So, at the end I got improved by only few tenths, driving with a shoulder pain, because in that SRW event I forgot that FFB is much stronger than GT6 in crashes, and in one of them I didn't remove the hands from the steering wheel and BAM! Got a little injuried on that shoulder :/

1'00.650

Really pleased with this one, over two tenths quicker at the line. Absolutely perfect apart from the first chicane, which was merely decent, and the Parabolica, where I braked too late and lost about a tenth or so.

Submitting this lap :D (edit - accepted)

Last edited:
About done with this one. Been running laps all evening but can't seem to string together a good one, no matter how hard I try. Also, with a little calculation I noticed that my T3 could be improved (even by me) by about 2 tenths, so we'll see how much that causes me to stumble down on the board. :D

I had a really hard start with this WRS, but learned to love the combo towards the end. Though, for some reason I'm a little disappointed with myself right now. I guess I started to like the combo so much that I just wanted to get a tiny bit better with it. And this isn't about where I end up in the board, it's about my own goals, limits, learning curve and all that stuff.

Thanks for the admins for picking up such a nice combo, it's been a fun, learning experience once again!

Also good job everyone for getting at least somewhat comfortable with the FXX, she ain't an easy one. ;)

Not risking my Handicap for this, havent put a decent lap in at anytime, to....much.....RAGE. In for the race though.

Not risking my Handicap for this, havent put a decent lap in at anytime, to....much.....RAGE. In for the race though.
I don't see you signed up for the online race...can you do that so we have an accurate view on how many will be racing?

Submitting with current lap (accepted!), didnt had much time to run before deadline, i was going as fast as i could legaly go coming back from work :lol:

slightly disappointed, i been so close to beat it, i had several run with low ,400s at t2, one with ,400 but couldnt get it to the line...

Goodluck everyone :cheers: :)

Not a terrific lap and didn't start until Saturday, but I put in enough time and this is good enough so I might as well submit:

1'01.383

Really wanted another 3 tenths on this one, but couldn't string one lap together.

Bahahaha... I got back withing .2 of my time, but realizing I only had 5 minutes left I quickly jumped out to export and forgot to save best lap replay. Hahaha... guess I'll just have to see the results and hope that I totally had sector 3 wrong so I don't feel bad.

Back