GTP_WRS Week 2 : FXXza Irresistibile!

• Thread starter Vagabond
  • 688 comments
Got this in last minute

1'02.750

Didn't have much time this week. Wish I had another day, just starting to get a hang of it.

Didn't get much time to try and gain some lost time on my earlier splits for T1 and T2. Like most have said found it hard too string together 3 good sectors. Anyway thoroughly enjoyed the combo and look forward to see some of the replays from the guys up top. Some seriously impressive times :bowdown:

1'01.517

phew! according to the pre-sults I would've only been middle of the Div 2 Silver pack... so I don't feel AS bad, now. :dopey:

Congrats Mike on a well-deserved win, that's one awesome time right there. :bowdown:

Very happy with third overall, even though I could have beaten Bart if I hadn't messed up the Parabolica, or even had a better first chicane. Good job Bart 👍

Somewhat disappointing that of the eleven D1 guys that posted splits, only four actually submitted. Well done to Mike, Bart and Matt for submitting, but as for the other seven D1 guys, what happened?

Thanks @Deton - seems like T3 might have been a savior for a pretty average T1. Really intrigued to see how to run 27.1... Honestly no idea how to do that :dunce:

We'll see the true story when @Gravitron does his T3 table voodoo!

Thanks @Deton - seems like T3 might have been a savior for a pretty average T1. Really intrigued to see how to run 27.1... Honestly no idea how to do that :dunce:

Yeah, there was a lot of time to lose/gain on T3, for me it probably saw the least practice because most of my tries usually ended before reaching T3. :lol:

T1 I was the most comfortable with (most practice too), and actually managed a couple .0xx's earlier today, just wasn't able to keep the pace through the whole laps. T2 was definitely the largest lap-breaker for me, hard to put it all together there.

Yeah I was really surprised to see myself go 5 positions up on the lap board, but then I noticed the lack of submits, which is sad.

Also good job @Carlos Fandango , @Gravitron and whoever else might've passed me before the line! My thoughts about losing at least a .2 on T3 weren't too far off. ;)
For starting out your first session going off the track in the same spot for 2hrs straight:ill:, you did really great. 👍

For starting out your first session going off the track in the same spot for 2hrs straight:ill:, you did really great. 👍

Haha! Yeah, can't forget that first day, it was such a pain! :D

But thanks for the kind words! I guess I'm a bit more comfortable with high powered RWD cars now after this. :cheers:

Now I need to stop posting before I totally flood this thread with my comments.

Haha! Yeah, can't forget that first day, it was such a pain! :D

But thanks for the kind words! I guess I'm a bit more comfortable with high powered RWD cars now after this. :cheers:

Now I need to stop posting before I totally flood this thread with my comments.
Post away - it's better than me griping about my poor T1/T2 or crowing about what seems to be a heroic T3 :lol:

Thx @gm matthew !

Well done to you as well! 👍

you, Bart and Caine was the reason i tried again before submitting! you were catching up everytime i was refreshing the thread page :lol:

Well done Jon!
i seen some 26.9s in t1 (best was 26.964)

i can try to replicate it and post a video if you want? 💡

Question re:
"Dirty - Green concrete beyond rumble strips"

Some of the rumble strip is painted green, about half. Is it ok to be on the green rumble strip?

Question re:

Some of the rumble strip is painted green, about half. Is it ok to be on the green rumble strip?

As far as I'm aware, you're not allowed to be fully on the green rumble strips, at least 2 tyres have to be in contact with red/white strip or tarmac.

As far as I'm aware, you're not allowed to be fully on the green rumble strips, at least 2 tyres have to be in contact with red/white strip or tarmac.
One could argue that the "Green concrete beyond the rumble strip", and "green rumble strip" are two different things... Could be cause for some conflict

Question re:

There's one good thing about being slow; I don't have to worry about that :crazy:

Judging by the opening regs:
  • Tarmac inside the white boundary line (and including the line itself) and red/white Rumble Strips are Track.
  • No Other Surfaces are Track (see pics below)
I'd say being exclusively on/beyond the green rumbles is dirty. Stewards?

There's one good thing about being slow; I don't have to worry about that :crazy:

Judging by the opening regs:

I'd say being exclusively on/beyond the green rumbles is dirty. Stewards?

This has come up before, we raced an F50 at Monza not so long ago. The answer is that you must be on the red and white stuff. Where the red paint ends and the green starts is considered off track and will result in a DQ.

Ask me how I know this :guilty:

I'd like a clearer answer, please. The wording doesn't support a "Nope." response.
Is this clear enough?

• Tarmac inside the white boundary line (and including the line itself) and red/white Rumble Strips are Track.
  • No Other Surfaces are Track (see pics below)

Dirty
lujw.jpg

I gave it my best, I know there was lots of time to be had. I just could never put it all together. This was the type of TT I used to dread, a fast car that oversteers, with lots of high speed braking. By the end of the week, I was comfortable driving that car, so all in all it was a good learning experience.

Thanks Mike , but I'll just watch your whole replay:tup:

Too late :lol:, i went back to the track and did a 26.950, its uploading on youtube, might take an hour to upload though,

its dirty by about a millimeter in turn 1 but the line and gear to use are there, its slightly different than in my lap thats why i decided to redo it... :)

Last edited:
I gave it my best, I know there was lots of time to be had. I just could never put it all together. This was the type of TT I used to dread, a fast car that oversteers, with lots of high speed braking. By the end of the week, I was comfortable driving that car, so all in all it was a good learning experience.

Yes, I'm surprised I ended just in front of you (not sure that's ever happened before). I'm also surprised my T3 was good enough to keep me so high in the results...

Back