GTP_WRS Week 21 : Sobering Vettel

• Thread starter EDK
  • 195 comments
What gear would you suggest for the turn just after the end of the first sector? I use 4th at the moment.
The right hander at the top of the hill? 4th.

The next turn, I've tried both 4th and 3rd. You have to get into 3rd eventually, for the second half of that turn. More control in 3rd, but more momentum in 4th. 4th is more of a fully committed, high risk, high reward approach.

I checked that turn in the datalogger and found interesting thing. When taking it at full throttle I wasn't carrying any more speed through (about 156kph). Slightly lifting (80-90%) made the car much easier to control and the speed was the same.
One more tip for the first turn of the s3 (right after the tunnel). I was lifting too much (about 120kph) and losing 2-3 tenths there. I think other people might be making the same mistake of concentrating too much on the final double righthander.

I'm gonna do 1 final Banzai trial in an hour, these are the splits so far.

There's still about another tenth left to get outta both sectors. :boggled:

I would not call that fail. It was incredibly close.
Now that I see how close I got to the podium (0.020) I regret not pushing a bit more. My lap was far from perfect.

I would not consider being .046 slower than the fastest one in sector 3 failing. Great lap of yours and congrats @mcsqueegy for the win!

I had been running 29.8's and 29.90's all day.. i hesitated a bit on the t3 when i seen the split at t2.. oh well, should still get a pleasant handicap

Excellent run by @mcsqueegy and congratulations on your first overall win!

I'm a little surprised but very happy with this result! One of my favourite tracks, simple layout but full of character...

I actually did a final run at 2am and forgot to update the splits in my haste to submit :scared: For what it's worth I had:

My best T3 was a .810 and this lap was actually the closest I got to it :lol: anyway well done to everyone who achieved their goals!

Well not surprised I suck at this kind of cars, and I love grand valley just the full version of it.
congrats winners and podiums

Back