GTP_WRS Week 22: Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 55 comments
Considering the amount of laps i put in, I am actually quite chuffed. Watching the replay to check it was clean, I could see 4-5 seconds left in the second half, and on a couple of the early attempts, I was very quick on the new part of the track.

Well done to the winners and podiums

"Slow in - fast out" I try to say. It was really a clash of aero between @raffyvorlengg and me - he'd pull away in the fast parts and the GP portion of the circut, and I'd close and ultimately take the lead in the twisty parts of Nordschliefe (essentially for good coming out of the Karrousel where he found the phantom bump). He actually got to me at the last chicane because I slowed just a bit early, but I got the better exit to beat him back to the line.
Well, that bump did not exist in GT5, when i had a big fight with my friend using the completely stock BRZ at the Nordschleife only (no GP part) and we both ran around in 8:10. This is my comfort line i used to run for about 1200km. So it is hard to change a Habit...
I felt more comfortable with low downforce, because the grip of this Race BRZ is insane compared to the stock one.
Now let's look forward and head for Spielberg. :cheers:

Thank you for checking and finding time to write a comment. I ran with DF 200/300 and BB 4/5. That kept the car very stable. I avoided just about all the curbs but now I can see that not all of them were enemies.
My least favourite turn was Ex-Muhle. It spun me out under acceleration few times so I just lost confidence there.

Funny cause I ran a 300/450 df and 5/7 on brake balance, it was a strange set up but it worked for me, very well.

The ratio of front/rear downforce is the same 1:1.5.
People that like things loose ran close to 1:1, people that wanted more stability did 1:2 (I think stock values were like this).

In the end I settled on what Bart and Mike used, 350/300. After seeing their times, I figured there must be something to it. I can not drive like they do, but it helped me complete more laps by staying on the track. Eventually some of those laps had to start bettering my other best laps.

GT_COL
greenflag-gif.152575

Super smooth and composed lap, nice amount of curb used.. shame you slowed down to nearly a stop on the last chicane :lol:..

Thanks for the comments.
It was such a good lap all I could think about coming up to the last chicane was "don't stuff it up now" so I braked way too early.

Well done guys!

I am happy with a 2nd place with such low runtime, but still hurt a little though.. you did a very good lap Bart @PASM 👍:cheers:

i will have my revenge!! :mischievous: :lol:

Great lap time Bart!

Congrats to all the division winners and Bart, that's an epic time mate 👍

Amazing lap Bart!!! Sub-1.00 handicap. :drool:

Thanks guys, means a lot! 👍 You'll beat me next time Mike! But this was my revenge for the Audi S1 and the Ferrari FXX :P :lol:

Congratulations to all podium finishers and all the racers who submitted a time on this tough combo. But once over the finish line, it's so rewarding. 👍

Here is my lap on YouTube. I had a very close call at Wipermann, where I nearly threw it all away (6:16 on the video clock).

Thanks guys, means a lot! 👍 You'll beat me next time Mike! But this was my revenge for the Audi S1 and the Ferrari FXX :P :lol:

Congratulations to all podium finishers and all the racers who submitted a time on this tough combo. But once over the finish line, it's so rewarding. 👍

Here is my lap on YouTube. I had a very close call at Wipermann, where I nearly threw it all away (6:16 on the video clock).

I am in awe :bowdown:

Were can i find the procedure to check replays?

There is allways something going wrong here because my PS3 can't read the files.

There is allways something going wrong here because my PS3 can't read the files.
We had a howto thread for GT5 and archived it, and surprisingly haven't needed to make a new one for GT6. You submit your replays every week, and it sounds like you've got most of the procedure down if you're getting the files to the PS3 and finding that it can't read them.

If you're using an older version of Windows or linux I've seen their default zip programs be the culprit. When this happens I recommend the 7zip program, which you can download for free (google it).

Can't remember where it is, but here's the Cliff's Notes no-graphics version to get the replays into GT6:

- Download the replay zip file to your computer (or Android/Windows tablet/smartphone).
- Unzip the file.
- Put the unzipped folder (and its contents) onto the thumb drive (or SD card if using a tablet/smartphone) in the \PS3\SAVEDATA folder, overwriting existing data if prompted and creating the folder if necessary.
- Use the PS3 Save Utility to copy the replay from the thumb drive/SD card (you'll need to use an external SD-to-USB adapter if you go the SD card route; the SD slot on the very-old PS3s won't work for this) to the PS3, again overwriting existing data and hitting "yes" if there is a second warning about using another PSN's save data if prompted. Don't worry - unless you deleted your own replay inside of GT6, it still will be there even though it got "overwritten".
- Import the replay into the GT6 gallery (open up the gallery, push the right d-pad button until you see the "Load Files" box, and hit "Open List").
- Watch the replay to your heart's content.

It's pretty much the reverse of exporting replays.

GTP_PASM:
greenflag-gif.152575

Mike_Peperni:
greenflag-gif.152575

RS__96__oO:
greenflag-gif.152575

force_ewerby:
greenflag-gif.152575

There isn't much to comment really.
Bart, you are from a different planet.
Mike, I was hoping I could pinpoint where Bart passed you but he mostly just kept eating away hundredths. The only two places that stand out were Hohe Acht and Kleine Karussell.
Sorry I don't have notes for the other two.

Lucas, my replay has been checked by @Gameratwork99 but it looks like he used the wrong flag gif.
I would feel weird reposting my own verification so please mark that one manually.
That should be it for the replays. I really loved this combo.

Got it, thanks for all your checks. 👍

I loved it too and would have liked more time. I was late to the race last night so had to settle for watching them battle through the night, but that ended up being pretty entertaining. :)
Maybe Saturday.

Lucas, my replay has been checked by @Gameratwork99 but it looks like he used the wrong flag gif.
I would feel weird reposting my own verification so please mark that one manually.
That should be it for the replays. I really loved this combo.

As far as I can remember, I used the green flag. It's the only one I have at the moment. Hmmm, strange

mr_lab_rat:
160pyyo.gif

Great lap, couldn't be any cleaner. The car looked so stable and under control with you at the wheel. A good line into turn 1 meant you were able to get great speed out of the turn. You were able to carry great speed out of the GP section turns. You made the first half of the lap look so easy and effortlessly glided through the final third (I wouldn't have the balls to do what you did in that section). You really did push the car to its limits all the way through the lap. The only slip up I saw was that you went too fast into the karousel meaning you had to lift gradually halfway through the turn slowing you down (but not by much). I'm no judge though happened to me numerous times. Like me, you braked a little early into the final chicane to make sure you'd make it. :lol: Overall a fantastic lap. Great job! 👍

That's what I did

As far as I can remember, I used the green flag. It's the only one I have at the moment. Hmmm, strange
You did, but the stewards had to change the hosted location of the flag when Photobucket lost the original. Mr_lab_rat posted where the flag Fetchy can see is located above.

GTP_PASM:
greenflag-gif.152575

Mike_Peperni:
greenflag-gif.152575

RS__96__oO:
greenflag-gif.152575

force_ewerby:
greenflag-gif.152575

Mike, I was hoping I could pinpoint where Bart passed you but he mostly just kept eating away hundredths. The only two places that stand out were Hohe Acht and Kleine Karussell.

Thanks for checking! My favorite part of the ring is Hohe Acht and the section that follows all the way to Pflanzgarten.

GTP_PASM:
greenflag-gif.152575

Mike_Peperni:
greenflag-gif.152575

RS__96__oO:
greenflag-gif.152575

force_ewerby:
greenflag-gif.152575

thx for checking mr_lab_rat!

yeah i did couples of error i would have needed more time to really get the feel of the car and find every little area to shave time, still would need a solid lap just to match Bart's @PASM lap :)

i liked the combo i think it make better competition for everyone with a slower car that have good grip when running on the ring and might help learn the track better and bring more people at long term.
:)

nice combo choice Lucas @Gravitron !

Back