GTP_WRS Week 25 : Mugen Motul Madrid

• Thread starter EDK
  • 371 comments
EDK
You are either genuinely fast and in the wrong division (Being able to get a podium time with one or two sessions), or running all week and waiting to post splits until it's too late for anyone to account for you.

Which one is accurate?

Anyhow, nice time for the D2 win, and well done to Patrick on the other D2 podium. 👍
Looking over his record, I'd say he's getting faster, and he likes this track :bowdown:

As for me, if I don't have another positive handicap, it will be thanks to D4. Maybe Laguna will change my luck.

Looking over his record, I'd say he's getting faster, and he likes this track :bowdown:
I agree with that, but I would like to see a show of hands of people who achieved their result in one session, on the last day. I doubt many if any of those are in the low 1:32's.

EDK
I agree with that, but I would like to see a show of hands of people who achieved their result in one session, on the last day. I doubt many if any of those are in the low 1:32's.
I did but one session earlier today, but I barely busted 1:34 (and that was with turning on ABS, which I don't like to do).

He was probably toying around with the track all week.

EDK

I agree, lets kick everyone who managed better than 37.2 final sector to D1 :)
Lucas, please post the sector table. It will be very interesting this week. Baron and I had identical T2. He ended up 2nd, I'm 10th (which is still better than expected and I'm pretty happy about it).

I agree, lets kick everyone who managed better than 37.2 final sector to D1 :)
The main point I'm trying to make (and I think you get it), is that if you intend to participate, and you are running laps and setting times, post your splits. It's the fair, friendly, and right thing to do for your fellow competitors.

I'm looking forward to seeing the replays on how to drive this course. Other than the mandatory career events, I never run here. No idea on how to make a fast S2 and S3.

EDK
Oh, and funny story. I was stuck on a 1:32.544 yesterday. I improved it, to a 1:32.543. I was like, are you kidding me?!?! :banghead:

Then I got a 1:32.529. And finally managed to tie a decent sector 3 to a good T2, with my submitted lap.

I love it when that happens. Had I got my stupid 3G hotspot to work on my laptop, you would have beaten me this week by .009 lol

I really liked this combo as the more laps I did the more I found subtle ways to knock tenths off. I once had a 30.1 T3, but that was with a 55.2 time thru T2, which ended up as my second best time. I watched that T3 over and over but could never replicate it.

Reactions: EDK
Back