• Weight: 1070 kg
  • PP: 533
Driving Options:
  • Transmission: Auto or Manual
  • Tires: Sports Soft (SS)
  • Driving Line | Traction Control | ASM | ABS: Optional
  • Brake Balance: Optional
  • Active Steering | Skid Recovery Force: Prohibited
  • Tuning: Prohibited - Tuning parts, weight reduction, ballast adjustment or chassis rigidity improvement not allowed. Brake Balance adjustment is also allowed.
  • In-Race RA Functions: Allowed
  • Custom Wheels and Paint are Allowed
Course Settings:
  • Time: Not Variable at This Track
  • Weather: Weather not Variable at This Track
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Real

Race Specifics:
  • The event MUST be run using your registered account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • Use of the Handbrake is Prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • Tarmac and rumble Strips are Track.
  • The Green Surfaces Next to Rumble Strips are NOT Track.
Steward's Comments:

This week we're going back to the core of my introduction to GTPlanet, back in 2008 when Gran Turismo 5 Prologue launched. One of the popular tracks was Suzuka. Not everyone knows that the legendary Suzuka track was designed by a Dutchman, Hans Hugenholtz. This week, we're paying tribute to his accomplishment in another Dutch product we haven't driven before in WRS history: the Spyker C8 Laviolette. Enjoy!

:cheers:
Bart

Viewing your T1 & T2 Time Splits:
  • You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay' (See pic below)
  • To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Gallery' option.
  • Live timing monitor does not work properly, so we have to use a small trick to view splits.
  • While viewing your Replay, pause the lap by hitting start, before the end of the first sector.
  • While keeping the replay paused, advance the replay, using the forward arrow on the replay HUD. This will advance the replay to the end of the first sector. That's your T1 split, write it down.
  • Advance the replay again. That will show the lap to date time on the screen, this is your first and second sector time, added together.
  • To post your T1 & T2 Splits, simply post the lap to date times that are shown in the middle of the screen. Do not try to calculate the actual T2 split time, the Fetchbot will do that for you.
SaveBestLapIcon.png

(Best Lap Replay Icon)

Standard Clean OLR Rules:
  • At Least 2 Tires must be in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires in-line would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track.
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):

• Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread :

• The first 2 splits: T1 & T2 times
  • Any settings discussion

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 27 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Then attach your 'Best Lap'/'Ghost' replay in zip file form. Everyone submits a replay instead of listing a lap time.
  • You will need to put something in the message body in order to begin a conversation. It doesn't matter what you put, it can even be 1 letter or symbol. Nobody but the Fetchbot is going to see it, so it's sort of pointless, anyhow.
  • You will get an automated response within 15min, letting you know whether your submission was accepted, or if you had an error.
  • If you have an error, don't panic. Just review the instructions for submission and submit again. If you are having trouble and cannot figure it out, please post your question in the race thread.
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the Subject: "GTP_WRS Week XX Get Entry" and any text in the body.
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the Subject: "GTP_WRS Week XX Remove Entry" and any text in the body.
  • If you want to submit multiple times in the week that is still not a problem. Just reply to the conversation with your new time and new replay. Fetchy always uses the last submitted time as the final one.
  • See this screenshot as an example on how to submit:

• The deadline is Monday, July 28th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:

GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Replay Checking:
  • Everyone is required to submit a replay for verification. This happens when you submit to the Fetchbot, and the replays will be visible in the leaderboard, once we've reached the event deadline
  • Participants will be expected to check each others' replays for cleanliness, for replays marked in the Results thread as (Check Needed)
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

Good luck,
:gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited:
My wife thanks you for the non-tuning events. Less time spent on the TT and more time spent on chores and yard work.
You've apparently not driven this one yet. :lol:

It's a lot of fun, but a big wake up call from the low power lull we created during the prior 3 weeks.

@PASM Prologue - Those were the days. 👍

As much as we complained about the lack of being able to set up our own rooms, the irony is that the community was more unified that it ever was or will be with such limited selection. ~60 cars and 6 tracks got us through a lot of great times.

EDK
You've apparently not driven this one yet. :lol:

It's a lot of fun, but a big wake up call from the low power lull we created during the prior 3 weeks.
Noted. Ran two laps...very quick car. Not far off GT500 times. It definitely likes to wag its tail...

I'm looking forward to learning how to drive fast around Suzuka.

Noted. Ran two laps...very quick car. Not far off GT500 times. It definitely likes to wag its tail...

I'm looking forward to learning how to drive fast around Suzuka.
I also think your sig may require an update - "About as fast as I am stubborn".

Seems appropriate, after what I witnessed today. :sly:

EDK
Suzuka was built in the '60's and was the original Honda test track. They also have Motegi now, but it's really quite boring, by comparison.

I favor tracks that flow with the landscape and trick me into feeling I'm actually going somewhere, as opposed to just putting lap after lap. So even if they are long and narrow and difficult, I am a Suzuka, Spa, Nurgburgring, Laguna seca kind of guy.
Those fancy new tracks in the middle of nowhere, like copied right out of a computer simulation and 3D printed in their places really bore me to death. Still watch the F-1 seasons and endure Jaz Marina, Korea, Sepang etc...

I favor tracks that flow with the landscape and trick me into feeling I'm actually going somewhere, as opposed to just putting lap after lap. So even if they are long and narrow and difficult, I am a Suzuka, Spa, Nurgburgring, Laguna seca kind of guy.
Those fancy new tracks in the middle of nowhere, like copied right out of a computer simulation and 3D printed in their places really bore me to death. Still watch the F-1 seasons and endure Jaz Marina, Korea, Sepang etc...
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I'm fortunate to have driven on Laguna Seca and Sonoma/Sears Point IRL. The guy who owns the race car I mainly drive in (MR2) has said to me that he's only really driven on 2 race tracks - Laguna Seca, and Sonoma.

He says everything else is just pretending to be a track, and he never raced a day in his life before building the car.

BTW, he has raced on 5 other tracks, and acknowledges they "suck".

Oh, and I drove on Daytona this year, I would count that as an unforgettable real life track as well.

150+ MPH on the banking is something you will never experience again.

EDK
Oh, and I drove on Daytona this year, I would count that as an unforgettable real life track as well.

150+ MPH on the banking is something you will never experience again.

Is it true the banking is so much you can just see tarmac and the roof of the car?
And the envy, I'm trying really hard not to hate you a little Kevin :D

Is it true the banking is so much you can just see tarmac and the roof of the car?
It's 34 degrees, and 4 stories tall. When you are on it, it just feels normal. But if you look left, your see tarmac, right, you see sky.

I've never experienced anything like it, it was even fun in the Miata. 👍

Well, this is my last hurrah for a little while, school goes back tomorrow and I have no doubt I'll be inundated with staff and students needing me to do this and that:

1:43.380

My sector 3 wasn't brilliant and the whole lap could use some tidying but it's a start 👍

Thoughts are with the Dutch community during this Dutch combo who were hit hardest by MH17.

Last edited:
I am looking forward to giving this one my full attention. I love the flow at Suzuka.

I like the Spyker! It's a bonkers car, a lesser known, unsung Pagani Zonda almost.

The more powerful car that featured in TDU2 was one of my faves, I believe it was the C12 Zagato - a beaut!

I didn't know Suzuka was Dutch designed but this combo makes a lot of sense now that I do.

Nice one Bart

Alright, this should prove interesting. Just had to splash the ride first.

1:48.123

Tricky car, but great combo Bart :cheers: First 15 mins:

1'42.722

For sure there is more than half a second left in that lap, it's gonna be a funny week :)

Looking like a nice combo. I'd like to give it a shot, but suzuka can be a bit addictive and I have a busy week ahead so ill probably pass on this one ;)

EDK
@PASM Prologue - Those were the days. 👍

As much as we complained about the lack of being able to set up our own rooms, the irony is that the community was more unified that it ever was or will be with such limited selection. ~60 cars and 6 tracks got us through a lot of great times.

Yes, the community was very closely knit and if you were able to get the timing right with the random matchmaking system, there was some epic online racing to be had. I also remember your Event 02 and Event 03 like it was yesterday. I had some great head to head battles with Maz, Ian, Dan and more great drivers.

First few laps, about half an hour in I got to this:

1'41.817

Using brake balance 4/6, you can brake nicely into first and second corner. Keep braking about 50% all the way through the apex of turn one, shifting down to 2nd for the second apex. I do the Esses all in 3rd gear. The exit from Dunlop is crucial, so sacrifice the last of the Esses to get to the right hand side of the track before turning into Dunlop. Degner 1 in 3rd gear, Degner 2 can be taken in 2nd or 3rd. I'm not quite sure what the fastest approach is there.

For the hairpin, keep to the right as much as you can, braking in a straight line. Shift down to 1st to get the car to rotate, back to 2nd before you power out of the corner. Spoon is tricky. Just between 2nd and 3rd is the first apex. I find that 2nd gave better turn in. The second apex can be done in 2nd gear, but be smooth with the steering to prevent a tank slapper. 130R can be taken at around 200 kph. Brake on time for the Casio chicane, taking care to straightline it as much as possible.

Pretty fun so far:)

1:42.534

Lost a little in the first sector, and forgot to shift up into third coming out of Spoon:lol:, so that cost me a few tenths.

1:43.983

I'm betting there will be some pretty quick times from folks using TCS. It is a very touchy car.

Didn't find the car as oversteery as I remember it from GT5. Car felt a lot more in control.

1:43.918

THIS IS AWSOME!!!!!

Thanks Bart :cheers: But couldn't you pick a tougher car for this so difficult track. Love the track don't get me wrong maybe one of my favorite in GT6. What a challenge :( but at the end of the week, it will be so rewarding once you start nailing those corners.

Spilts are still over the place specially T1.

made a mistake with the splits

Latest Posts

Back