GTP_WRS Week 3 : MCMLXXIII - MMII

• Thread starter Vagabond
  • 741 comments
Submitted and accepted with this splits

Something tells me that T3 will mess up the board.

I had big fun this week. But maybe they can take out the magnets out of the guardrails the next time :lol:

Good luck everybody

Perhaps my last shot this week. I had two good laps back to back. My first lap splits are better, but I beat my previous time by a .10 in the second lap.

This may be it, unless I can end my day early. I could have put a bit more time into this, but I threw my hat into the ring for the enduro. I spent two hours yesterday seeing how low I can take the tires before I am a greater danger to others.:lol:

I think I'm finally getting the hang of this combo... I'm saying that after voiding a 56.092 by tapping the wall. :irked:

As a driver aiming to get into D1 Silver, I should really be aiming for sub 56 seconds, but I'll be happy if I end up with a 56.0xx. Mind you, since it's impossible to harm my handicap, I'll probably submit even if I don't improve.

Stayed of this TT for a week. Last weeks online event was so frustrating I didn't feel like driving at the edge, just messed around a bit in A-spec mode, trying out new cars at a relaxed pace. Then the Olympics started and I have been following some of the events which explains where my time has gone. Tried a couple of laps tonight and manage to improve a little bit. There is still some time to find, but I've been feeling kind of stressed lately and I don't want to get even more stressed over a game, so I will submit this.

Will probably stand aside for the next TT as I don't really have any motivation for it at the moment.

I just trashed my best lap time and hit 56.06x at the split with a great last sector but I am 'next to' the Armco of the first right hander in sector two leaving up to the back straight.

Please check your replays! You can pretty much be in visible contact with that side and it will not make a noise nor red flag, but you are in contact and likely to be DQ'd!

As for me, I'm really irritated because I didn't need to be that far over.... Will have one more go before I submit my slow lap :-(

Matt

very bad but the best i could do today , i just found out im qualified few hours ago

bot gives me error i think im doing everything right..

subject : GTP_WRS Week 3
upload the reply , type something in the box & post it to the bot.. right?

Last edited:
very bad but the best i could do today , i just found out im qualified few hours ago

bot gives me error i think im doing everything right..

subject : GTP_WRS Week 3
upload the reply , type something in the box & post it to the bot.. right?
The Subject needs to be GTP_WRS Week 3 Submission. If it still doesn't work you can add @JoostBaksteen and I to the conversation with the Invite More link.

Quite a bit faster in T3 too :)

I just trashed my best lap time and hit 56.06x at the split with a great last sector but I am 'next to' the Armco of the first right hander in sector two leaving up to the back straight.

Please check your replays! You can pretty much be in visible contact with that side and it will not make a noise nor red flag, but you are in contact and likely to be DQ'd!

As for me, I'm really irritated because I didn't need to be that far over.... Will have one more go before I submit my slow lap :-(

Matt

Ouch, visual contact can be brutal. On GT5 week 93 (my only other city TT to date) I was DQed for it, and on week 96 it cost me a lap nearly three tenths faster than the one I submitted. Needless to say, I'm being extra-careful checking my replays, hopefully everyone else is too.

Quite a bit faster in T3 too :)

Ouch, visual contact can be brutal. On GT5 week 93 (my only other city TT to date) I was DQed for it, and on week 96 it cost me a lap nearly three tenths faster than the one I submitted. Needless to say, I'm being extra-careful checking my replays, hopefully everyone else is too.

As Graviton said, photos are used from the replay. I spent 20 minutes checking my replay and checking all around the car at the kink, and in replay view, I look like my mirror is missing. But you can see from my photo earlier in this thread, I still have a margin of error.

Just make sure you check them, and look at every angle.

Even faster in T3. :crazy:

First lap after my previous best was 29.483 in T1 and quicker in the tight right-hander, but messed up the kink. It probably would have been sub-56 seconds if completed successfully. :ouch:

@Spud_Skills I've had a handful of .4's in t1 and almost a .3. No idea how I done it. Go back and watched the replay and still did .5's. Basically have to drive t1 like a wheel and that's extremely hard to do

The EU advantage strong again this week. You all get to sneak in better laps right to the deadline while we are stuck at work watching our times slip down the board... defenseless.

I'd like to propose a few events end at midnight NA-Pacific and give you guys a few surprises to wake up to in the morning. :P

Whoa! Almost forgot to submit...no time for laps since my last session. Good luck all.

The EU advantage strong again this week. You all get to sneak in better laps right to the deadline while we are stuck at work watching our times slip down the board... defenseless.

I'd like to propose a few events end at midnight NA-Pacific and give you guys a few surprises to wake up to in the morning. :P

Move to the east coast :)

Back