Ramboruud:
user118395pic1573412914.gif

stevetuffers:

Somebodyshootme:

mmfastest:

That just leaves my replay to be checked and the one I asked for a second opinion on

nursemorph:

Nice clean lap David, well done 👍

thematic604:

It was really close on the right hander but if a fly had landed between you and the armco it would have been dirty :lol:
Fruit fly, even. I did everything I know how to get pics close together in time of that one, and the best the system will do is over multiple tries give us pics 0.016-0.017 seconds apart.

@Thematic, you really put the fear of BMW (or more properly, Yokohama) into that guardrail without actually torturing it.

Nice clean lap David, well done 👍

It was really close on the right hander and if a fly had landed between you and the armco it would have been dirty :lol:

Thanks, I was pretty happy with the lap though my best sectors added up were a lot quicker but i'll take it.

Thanks for double checking that lap.....now you see why I asked for a second opinion! I managed to get an angle which showed a slight gap (millimetres) but then the angle of the wheel made it look as if it would be contact 10 centimetres later...but couldn't get it to stop at that exact point. My initial reaction was it's clean but I just wanted someone else toi agree with me.

@Thematic : Next time could you please leave a bit more of a gap? It would save the wear and tear on my controller buttons from all the forwards and backwards and pausing etc I did.....not to mention the headache I got from concentrating so hard :P

@Eggstor: Well, I do find that Chrome paint=shiny car!! And I don't like my car getting dirty.....I paid enough for that paint as it is..can't be having dirt ruining the effect :lol:

It's still processing for a couple minutes but here's the podium video.

Wow. This is kind of insane. Everyone's taking the same general approach, but subtle differences result in seconds difference.

I have a lot to learn.

In GT4 (I think?!?) they had a lap analyzer where you could see the brake and accelerator points in a lap and you could compare two side by side. I often looked at mine compared to an aliens lap and on every corner, they braked later and more cleanly and got on the accelerator earlier...on every corner it accumulates and just has them disappearing into the distance. But getting brave enough to get on the accelerator a touch earlier is easier said than done!

Back