GTP_WRS Week 36 : DinoSOWr

• Thread starter EDK
  • 252 comments
Definitely interesting to see how D2 shakes out tonight. Normally I have a pretty good sense of how well my last sector will hold up but not this week. My last is a B+ effort for me, not my fastest but no glaring mistakes.

Challenging and fun combo @EDK . đź‘Ť

Mine might be an A. I'm expecting to move up (I'm done as I don't have more time to run)

Last edited:
I want like heck to go out of D3 in a blaze of glory as I will be languishing near the bottom of D2 for awhile I am sure...I'm running right up to the deadline.....I think there is a few smidgens left out there....T1 slower, but a bit faster T2...I think the last sector is the most complex...who knows how the podiums will shake out....I have had 16.7XX's on T1 but can't seem to back up T2 with it...anyway. Keep on keeping on.

Wha? I went from D3 to D2 in the middle of a TT? That seems somewhat dubious.....So much for blaze of glory.....oh well. Onward!

Wha? I went from D3 to D2 in the middle of a TT? That seems somewhat dubious.....So much for blaze of glory.....oh well. Onward!
May be a little confusing but your previous splits were posted before Vaxen did last Monday's promotions, so the D3 stuck with those splits. Now that you've posted new splits it consulted the updated DB and found you were in D2. đź‘Ť Regardless of whether you had posted new splits, your result tonight would have shown you in D2.

May be a little confusing but your previous splits were posted before Vaxen did last Monday's promotions, so the D3 stuck with those splits. Now that you've posted new splits it consulted the updated DB and found you were in D2. đź‘Ť Regardless of whether you had posted new splits, your result tonight would have shown you in D2.

Thanks, I understand...đź‘Ť

@Gravitron Thought I would submit and then resubmit if I improved. I forgot to attach replay before I hit "start conversation". I received reply telling me to attach file. I deleted conversation and submitted via new conversation. I have not received acceptance yet and it has been 30 minutes. Never took that long. Remedy?

@Gravitron Thought I would submit and then resubmit if I improved. I forgot to attach replay before I hit "start conversation". I received reply telling me to attach file. I deleted conversation and submitted via new conversation. I have not received acceptance yet and it has been 30 minutes. Never took that long. Remedy?

I've done this a time or two and Fetchy just gets a little confused, though he probably got your replay.

Try a new conversation with subject

GTP_WRS Week 36 Get Entry

and anything in the body.

What @alexamenos said, but I'm guessing he'll reply that he doesn't have a time for you, I don't see you in the results accumulated so far. I would try sending it again.

What @alexamenos said, but I'm guessing he'll reply that he doesn't have a time for you, I don't see you in the results accumulated so far. I would try sending it again.

Looks as if Fetchy is confused. Getting Entry confirmed Fetchy has no replay. I started a new conversation again and have not received a confirmation. Further advice? A way to "reset" so to speak?

Looks as if Fetchy is confused. Getting Entry confirmed Fetchy has no replay. I started a new conversation again and have not received a confirmation. Further advice? A way to "reset" so to speak?
Please add me to the latest convo where you sent your replay, with the "Invite More" link over on the right.

Just came back from a day at the races, not cars btw but horses and I had to get back at the wheel of the Dino. I wanted to do some good laps after the emberrasment of saturday. :embarrassed: And I did good very good but when checking the setting somebody who used my PS3 and GT6 turned the SRF on :( So I had to start all over again but luckily i could do again some fast laps, not as fast as with SRF but for me it was đź‘Ť So i'm gonna submit with these Splits and hope for a better race on wednesday.

Some amazing numbers don't you think. :lol:

Had a hour tonight to try this one. Good fun, but I was struggling to get the power down. And my best sectors add up to a lap three and a half tenths better than my submission. I should have started earlier. Got reasonably close in sector 2 to a dirty, but don't think either outside wheel even touched the line.
Last sector is nothing special though.

Attachments

• Willow Springs International Raceway_ Streets of Willow Springs.jpg
    Willow Springs International Raceway_ Streets of Willow Springs.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 6
Had a hour tonight to try this one. Good fun, but I was struggling to get the power down. And my best sectors add up to a lap three and a half tenths better than my submission. I should have started earlier. Got reasonably close in sector 2 to a dirty, but don't think either outside wheel even touched the line.
Last sector is nothing special though.
It's only dirty if you don't have 2 wheels still touching the black.

Submitting with these splits:

It's only dirty if you don't have 2 wheels still touching the black.

Submitting with these splits:

I watched the replay loads, but it seems that the outside front followed the curve of the line. Would like to be fast enough to have my replay checked this week, but that last sector is so hard to judge. It might be good, but more likely a trip down the table :(

EDIT: just seen where that puts me on the leaderboard, and am ready for the drop. Good luck all!

Oh heck I forgot the inside of the white lines is the boundary. I better have another look at my replay.
--------
Edit: Very close, straddling the white line but every pic i can capture shows tire clearly on the tarmac. If my time somehow holds up for a podium spot I'll share my pics and time stamps with reviewer.

@Eggstor the smallest increments I've captured are 0.017 apart. Is that about the right frame rate?

Last edited:
Anyone who's submitting for this TT make sure to go sign up for Career bonus credits. Even if you know you can't make some or most of those Sunday races, might as well get the credits while you can.

Oops forgot to change the oil. :dunce: :banghead:
Better late than never.
Wonder if I've done this every week?
Anyway :
T1: 17.033
T2: 38.166

Won't be submitting cos computer has been in for repair all week. Doh!!

Oops forgot to change the oil. :dunce: :banghead:
Better late than never.
Wonder if I've done this every week?
Anyway :
T1: 17.033
T2: 38.166

Won't be submitting cos computer has been in for repair all week. Doh!!
If you have an Android/Windows phone/tablet, a micro-SDHC card and a micro-SDHC USB adapter, you can still submit. There are apps to create zip files for both Android and Windows mobile.

Back