GTP_WRS Week 36: Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 39 comments
Sorry about not getting sector times in. My first and second sector just kept getting worse as I got the lap down. It was VERY frustrating: knowing the times I'd run before getting a good handle on the 3rd sector, then never getting close to those times again. I kept thinking, I'll post my splits when I get that time back and I just ran out of week.

AaronDonegal
2dl63hl.gif

@AaronDonegal : OK lap, you have good potential and you had good lines for the most part. The thing that let you down was that you didn't push the car at all. This isn't a bad thing but it is essential to improvement. There was no need to brake/lift off at all around the bend after the start finish straight and could have braked a little later into turn one. Another factor was throttle control, it would be understandable to an extent for a DS3 driver, but you need to brake, turn and accelerate and not brake-accelerate-brake and finally accelerate again, it need to be smoother. (I can't talk much, I'm not very good a throttle control either :lol:) You did a very good job saving it from a slide in sector 2 however. You need to be more brave around fast corners (and so what if you crash :)) you lifted for quite a substantial time approaching the kink after the back straight. I can understand this though, I didn't want to screw up either, but I finally didn't lift and shaved about .3-4 of a second off. You didn't have to use first gear at all during the lap really, it just slows you down.

Anyway, good effort for your first TT, I see a good bit of potential and you can definitely improve with ease. I just have to say that the only way to move up the leaderboards is to push the car to its limits! 👍

BTW, welcome to the WRS, I hope you have a great time racing and meeting new people to have a blast with. I'm glad to see another Irishman around here! :cheers:

:gtpflag:

Excellent laptime @Animera and a great overall win 👍 Congrats also to the other podium guys for a tight battle :cheers:

I had an iffy lap with a close call that was .1 faster at the line than my submitted lap that wouldn't have changed the results in any way.. reckoned a 1'17.9 would be the ultimate lap time but a 1'18.0 is pretty damn sweet all the same :cheers:

Great combo and great turn out :cool:
Cheers
Ron.

I can't talk much, I'm not very good a throttle control either :lol:)

I had very hard time avoiding "dancing on the pedals" phrase when I reviewed your replay :D
But it is very good tip. It is the main thing that helped me to be faster. Basically if you brake, accelerate, lift, turn, accelerate it means that your initial braking was too strong.

I had very hard time avoiding "dancing on the pedals" phrase when I reviewed your replay :D
But it is very good tip. It is the main thing that helped me to be faster. Basically if you brake, accelerate, lift, turn, accelerate it means that your initial braking was too strong.

I love it, "Dancing on the pedals" why didn't you include it! :lol: :lol: :lol:
In all seriousness though, it's a big flaw of mine, although I wasn't aware of it till you mentioned it. I'm gonna try hard to improve in that area.:)

Excellent laptime @Animera and a great overall win 👍 Congrats also to the other podium guys for a tight battle :cheers:

I had an iffy lap with a close call that was .1 faster at the line than my submitted lap that wouldn't have changed the results in any way.. reckoned a 1'17.9 would be the ultimate lap time but a 1'18.0 is pretty damn sweet all the same :cheers:

Great combo and great turn out :cool:
Cheers
Ron.

Cheers Ron. I actually did have a 1'17.927 but when I checked the replay it was dirty by about 5cm on the 2nd last turn. :( I kept trying to get another 1'17 but just couldn't manage it again.

Nice win Ian, great job. My best lap was still a tenth slower.

Had a great time this week, great combo Kevin.

AaronDonegal
2dl63hl.gif

@AaronDonegal : OK lap, you have good potential and you had good lines for the most part. The thing that let you down was that you didn't push the car at all. [ Lots of other good feedback deleted by Aaron Donegal - I had assume it would take up too much space here - but I see that GTPlanet makes large quote-blocks small! ]

Anyway, good effort for your first TT, I see a good bit of potential and you can definitely improve with ease. I just have to say that the only way to move up the leaderboards is to push the car to its limits! 👍

BTW, welcome to the WRS, I hope you have a great time racing and meeting new people to have a blast with. I'm glad to see another Irishman around here! :cheers:

:gtpflag:

Thanks for the feedback! But I can't take part this evening. Other plans have been made for me by loved ones! I'll try again next week. Is there somewhere I can officially withdraw my registration for this evening? I registered to take part in the European race starting shortly? I still don't quite understand this website :-)

Thanks for the feedback! But I can't take part this evening. Other plans have been made for me by loved ones! I'll try again next week. Is there somewhere I can officially withdraw my registration for this evening? I registered to take part in the European race starting shortly? I still don't quite understand this website :-)
This is the time trial results thread. The online race thread where you signed up is here:

www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrs-online-event-36-dinosowr-sept-27th-oct-1st.317471

If you click the Register Here button in post #2 of that thread then you can enter your PSN again and choose No to cancel.

One step that you skipped is to fill out the Driver Info form so that next time you sign up for an online race it will know who you are and you'll show up in the registration table. This is a one-time only form.

Back