:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

Race Details:
  • Mode: Arcade Mode > Single Player > Time Trial
  • Track: World Circuits > Willow Springs - Big Willow
  • Car Type: Garage/Favourites Car
  • Make: USA > Pozzi MotorSports
  • Model: Camaro RS
  • Power: 585bhp (including oil change and tuning parts listed below)
  • Weight: 1487kg (stock)
  • PP: 552
Driving Options:
  • Transmission: Auto or Manual
  • Tires: Sports Medium (S2) (Front and Rear)
  • Driving Line | Traction Control | ASM | ABS: Optional
  • Brake Balance: Optional
  • Active Steering | Skid Recovery Force: Prohibited
  • Tuning: The following tuning parts are allowed:
    • Supercharger
    No other tuning, custom parts, weight reduction, ballast adjustment, or chassis reinforcement are allowed. We can verify these things from the replays.
  • In-Race RA Functions: Allowed
Course Settings:
  • Time: Optional
  • Weather: Weather at Race Start 0%, Weather Change 0
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Real

36t7.jpg

Race Specifics:
  • The event MUST be run using your registered account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • Use of the Handbrake is Prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • Red and white rumbles and tarmac between the white lines are legal track. The inside of the white line is the track boundary, as detailed below.
CLEAN
willowspringsinternationalraceway-streetsofwillowsprings_2-1-jpg.91327

DIRTY
9005b847-2058-413c-ade2-7adc93c88702-1-jpg.91328

Steward's Comments:

One of my personal favourites of GT6 thus far, the Pozzi Camaro is fun on just about every track. Plenty of grip, plenty of traction, plenty of power. Smile while you thrash it round California's very own High Speed Ring and the first Grand Prix circuit in the US. Makes you proud to be American... and I'm English :D

:cheers:
Chris

Viewing your T1 & T2 Time Splits:
  • You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay' (See pic below)
  • To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Gallery' option.
  • Live timing monitor does not work properly, so we have to use a small trick to view splits.
  • While viewing your Replay, pause the lap by hitting start, before the end of the first sector.
  • While keeping the replay paused, advance the replay, using the forward arrow on the replay HUD. This will advance the replay to the end of the first sector. That's your T1 split, write it down.
  • Advance the replay again. That will show the lap to date time on the screen, this is your first and second sector time, added together.
  • To post your T1 & T2 Splits, simply post the lap to date times that are shown in the middle of the screen. Do not try to calculate the actual T2 split time, the Fetchbot will do that for you.
SaveBestLapIcon.png

(Best Lap Replay Icon)

xakl.jpg

Standard Clean OLR Rules:
  • At Least 2 Tires must be in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires in-line would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track.
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):

• Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread :

• The first 2 splits: T1 & T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 4 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Then attach your 'Best Lap'/'Ghost' replay in zip file form. Everyone submits a replay instead of listing a lap time.
  • You will need to put something in the message body in order to begin a conversation. It doesn't matter what you put, it can even be 1 letter or symbol. Nobody but the Fetchbot is going to see it, so it's sort of pointless, anyhow.
  • You will get an automated response within 15min, letting you know whether your submission was accepted, or if you had an error.
  • If you have an error, don't panic. Just review the instructions for submission and submit again. If you are having trouble and cannot figure it out, please post your question in the race thread.

• Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If you want to submit multiple times in the week that is still not a problem. Just reply to the conversation with your new time and new replay. Fetchy always uses the last submitted time as the final one.
  • See this screenshot as an example on how to submit:

• The deadline is Monday, February 17th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:

GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Replay Checking:
  • Everyone is required to submit a replay for verification. This happens when you submit to the Fetchbot, and the replays will be visible in the leaderboard, once we've reached the event deadline
  • Participants will be expected to check each others' replays for cleanliness, for replays marked in the Results thread as (Check Needed)
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

1f1u.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

1st Sector Video

Last edited:
Oh god, I did 500km of Big Willow last night and it was torture... I thought I wouldn't have to look at that track again for a while! Not that I can afford the car atm anyway :P

Gave this one a very quick try. The car handles a lot better than I expected. Probably have to set the time to get the sun off my face...

I rolled the car on my first lap but with a little more effort I managed this. I'm completely new to this track so there's a lot of time to come off still.

I really like this combo, only complaint is that with every Weekly TT we have to purchase a car and this RS is Expensive!!

Oh Well here are my 1st splits.

Yea I'm going to really like this weeks combo the car feels great. Last two weeks I been able throw down nothing but clean laps so I've goten a lot seat time. Makes easy on me I don't have worry about it and I usaul don't get off track much. Prolly outa every road course I've been on I like willow springs ran about 350 miles there.

Just ran a few sighting laps

Usually I do not like to drive the big American Muscle cars but this Combo may change that.

Nice combo this! Taming the car around some of the corners is fun! The last corner and how brave you are is going to be the big decider again this week!

First splits:

Can still see many places to improve... Didn't hit a single apex on this lap but it was nice to get a banker in!

Thanks for getting it up early again this week, Vagabond. Really appreciated. :)

First short session:

The Camaro RS kind of surprised me. Feared a heavy muscle car, but it feels very well balanced, even with the turbocharger, and it suits Big Willow nicely. :D 👍

I did 3 sessions and approx 100 laps in the seasonal BMW M4 at Big Willow, and it definitely made those very first laps a lot easier. :dopey:

Last edited:
Hmmm...first session and I am not having fun with this one (can't decide if I dislike it more than the FXX...well, at least I only need to use TCS 2 with this one lol). 10 laps and have managed to stay on the track for 2 of those laps! Can't see me doing much running this week but, then again, it's good experience. Anyway, have managed to run a vaguely respectable time so far:

S1: 25.926
S2: 55.576

Latest Posts

Back