GTP_WRS Week 4 : ImPozzibly Big RS

• Thread starter Vagabond
  • 534 comments
Fetchy please accept, it's been 34 minutes!
Please add me and @JoostBaksteen to your Fetchy conversation. BTW, you don't need to type PSN: ... Country: ... anymore, that was just for the qualifier. For these weekly submissions you only need to attach your zipped replay and since you can't send a message with no text in it, you can type anything in there. I usually write "Joost rocks!". :)

I have a confession: I wasn't really done. I had a bit of time between a mountain bike ride with my son and coaching an afternoon baseball practice so I ran one more session and it paid off to the tune of 0.07.

Left almost a tenth on track in T3, but was glad to bring this one home after blowing a few like this. Had a lap or two with 52.9XX to T2 so overall about 0.15 left on track this week... that's probably a lot for an alien, but not bad for me.

I have a confession: I wasn't really done. I had a bit of time between a mountain bike ride with my son and coaching an afternoon baseball practice so I ran one more session and it paid off to the tune of 0.07.

Left almost a tenth on track in T3, but was glad to bring this one home after blowing a few like this. Had a lap or two with 52.9XX to T2 so overall about 0.15 left on track this week... that's probably a lot for an alien, but not bad for me.

Darn, there goes my moment of glory on the D2 top 3. :lol: Oh well, I'll probably drop down a bit once the final results pop up anyway, so no harm done. :mischievous:

In all seriousness, very nice splits!

That was fun. Have a busy week coming up, so I'm going to pass on the tuning TT. definitely looking forward to the next non-tuned event. I think I learned something from this and will approach the next one a bit differently. Thank you WRS admins!

I knew my T3 was good, picked up 6 positions, some over .3 ahead of me thru T2. Now I know why I could never hold off my ghost at the line even when I was way ahead of it. Not sure what I did that lap, but I will take it.
Yeah you killed me in T3 and we were sooo close at the end. :D

Congrats on the D2 podium, @WRP001. 👍 Way to go out in style. :cool:

Whoops... :ouch: Got carried away running the damned Elise and lost track of time.

Congrats all, particularly Mike for a stylish win. 👍

Well done all! 👍
It was a great combo, it was lot of fun, im more than pleased with the lap and the win! :)

Heres a video of my lap, keeping more comments for the unofficial result thread! :)

@patrick19602005 the key was the to keep relatively close on inside on trailbraking at the end of the long curve, but it was tricky because the corner change shape and give you the impression its better to go further on left before the last corner, but its not needed. :)

edit: Thx Chris! :cheers: @Vagabond

tried too hard to beat my fastest time in the last minutes ,then when i wanted to save i put a wireless usb device in the ps3 instead of the usb memory stick , then the battery from ps3 controller was empty ,on top I took me 3 minutes to find the cable to connect the controller to charge it .
Then it was 5 past , i hoped maybe fetchy let me slip through , but he was sticking to tha rules
  • :indiff:

Good job fellow D2 guys @billyjoebobx and @Friday_GTRP , and a couple D1 guys who passed me before the line! I knew that T3 wasn't perfect, but I think my fastest T3 was only like .05 faster so that wouldn't have made a big difference anyway.

Was quite the struggle to learn that corner, and I'm pretty sure 75% of my attempts on that one would still end up in the sand. It's one of those corners that will easily screw your lap if you're entering it excited from being ahead of your ghost at that point. Another one that comes to mind is the "Hill" corner in Ascari, damn that corner - I hate it so much. :lol:

Had a lot of fun with this WRS, very nice combo by the admins! Got somewhat comfortable with it surprisingly fast, maybe the huge struggle in the beginning of the FXX WRS taught me something.

Also, been watching some replays already and yet again, incredible driving from the top guys. You really are aliens! :cheers:

Nice one Mike. I got bored of this combo pretty quickly, so I just submitted what I had on the board. Good thing no D2 drivers passed me. :cool:

Back