GTP_WRS Week 48 : Super Mario's Alpine Hillclimb

• Thread starter MadMax
  • 179 comments
Put in about 20 minutes of work this morning. I've got some work to do. I was .315 down at T2 on my best, but finished .7xx faster. I guess I need to drop another .3xx off my finish time....

Liking the nostalgic's of this race. Anyone racing with one arm and auto tranny? Had surgery on my right rotator cuff so it's still sore.

I am still racing with one arm. I decided to take a break this week, the enduro last week wore my arm out! (Even though I was only shifting with my left arm)

I seperated my tricep tendon at the elbow. I have had surgery and I am not allowed to bend my left arm for 2 months. Hope you are feeling better soon Gayle.

Al

Damn you guys are faster than ever. :scared:

I had another session and are well over 100km now.

Lap submitted and accepted. I only see a couple of more tenth out there, but I hope to get at least one more session before deadline, because I'm still having lots of fun. :D

I am still racing with one arm. I decided to take a break this week, the enduro last week wore my arm out! (Even though I was only shifting with my left arm)

I seperated my tricep tendon at the elbow. I have had surgery and I am not allowed to bend my left arm for 2 months. Hope you are feeling better soon Gayle.

Al
Ouch. You and Gayle both get better soon.

I just can't do more then a couple of laps but could improve in the 5 i've driven.

Now that I have the right settings on the car (thanks to @RuddRacer ).

My overall was slightly slower than my previous best though, but Fetchy won't take that one. I may give it another go, but I'm ready for the next round.

Just like last week, when I have a better T2 time I make a mistake in sector 2 somewhere. :banghead:

new splits (just barely)

Very fun moments this session, out of 4 successive laps, 3 personal bests. But the one on top is way ahead of anything I've done before and after, despite the underwhelming splits. It's as if I only momentarily knew how to climb. :odd:

Took me about 20 laps to get my T1 below 13 and a decent T2 for the board. Still doesn't say anything about the final hairpins ...

I guess I could appraise this as 'off the pace' - as you'd probably expect given the layer of dust my wheel had on it.

I'll have another go tomorrow. Fun to race again! :cheers:

I think this one's a bit of a bogey circuit for me :crazy:

I've had 3 more short sessions after posting splits without even improving my laptime, only managing a couple laps within a tenth. My second session had some .0 T2's with horrible T3's, then I gave it another go later in the week and was nailing T3 except for the final corner whereas my other sectors were nowhere :ouch:

The same thing happened back when we ran the forward version of this track, too :lol:

Back