GTP_WRS Week 5 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 74 comments
No, as @iainoflo85 said that's something different, it means you gained 7 places in the last sector, very nice work. :cheers:

As an example of handicap, if you get a variance of 0.000 (that would be 2.100 in my case) you've performed precisely as expected based on the qualifier and subsequent adjustments from TTs. The section labelled as handicapped results shows in purely theoretical terms how everybody performed based on their handicap, the expected times and the theoretical 'perfect lap' (about 1:20.100 I think for this TT).

I hope I didn't get too much wrong on that. :lol:

The handicapped results always confused me, but it makes sense now, thanks.

Yeah, I just checked and the theoretical best if it's linear was a high 19/low 20, so there's one error in the post. I'm also not entirely sure how the adjusted times are arrived at, although I think that it's been mentioned by the admins before. Voodoo definitely played a role, though. :dopey:

It means you've gone UP 7 places compared to your splits on the leaderboard.

Position on splits was 43rd. Position on Final Laptime was 36th.

It just means you went faster in the last sector than 7 people that were above you on the splits board.

This is separate info from your handicap and is just an indicator of your last sector time in comparison to everyone else.

Thanks iainoflo! I understand that perfectly. Well explained good sir....

No, as @iainoflo85 said that's something different, it means you gained 7 places in the last sector, very nice work. :cheers:

As an example of handicap, if you get a variance of 0.000 (that would be 2.100 in my case) you've performed precisely as expected based on the qualifier and subsequent adjustments from TTs. The section labelled as handicapped results shows in purely theoretical terms how everybody performed based on their handicap, the expected times and the theoretical 'perfect lap' (about 1:20.100 I think for this TT).

I hope I didn't get too much wrong on that. :lol:

Thanks much mistersafeway for the explanation but I do not quite understand. I am a visual person, I think I need to see an explanation. Can you let me know what the following means...and thanks again!!

>> Division 3: Par: 1'22.129 Gold: 1'22.503 Silver: 1'22.919 Bronze: 1'23.376
36--1'22.139---GTP_Crozzlow r=3.009 (d3/-0.294)

This particularly.....r=3.009 (d3/-0.294)

Last edited:
Thanks much mistersafeway for the explanation but I do not quite understand. I am a visual person, I think I need to see an explanation. Can you let me know what the following means...and thanks again!!

I'll help where I can because I don't understand the r= part. Vaxen has below this post.

Your time of 1'22.139 was faster than the Div 3 Gold time of 1'22.503 (don't ask me how these times are arrived at, just concern yourself with them in relation to your time - think of it like a license test or seasonal TT time. Under that is faster than Gold, Silver or Bronze time, but as for par I'm not entirely sure on that either).

The (d3/-0.294) is how much faster than your current handicap you've gone in this TT. This varies slightly between people in the same div placement based on their handicap. Two people could both be in D3G but at top and bottom, and they both could have gotten the same time and this would result in slightly different -x.xxx's.

The minus (-) means a negative handicap, but it doesn't mean that your handicap will go down by 0.294 - this part is more complicated and I don't understand that.

Anyone else who can help where I've got it wrong?

Can you let me know what the following means...and thanks again!!

3.009 is the Result handicap, and in this case falls into D3 (anything in the 2.xxx range is D2).
The -0.294 means you did about a third of a division faster than your current handicap would predict.

I don't see how you can say you've won the div 3 splits leaderboard..

The splits you used were of the lap you thought was not clean,and you did not post your lap to verify those splits.

That is a pretty big assumption there...a fastest split of the TT doesn't necessarily mean that the lap was the one submitted. However, you are correct this time though as, having just checked, it was from my fastest lap this time. I will edit the post accordingly

Was lookin at my profile on the wrs website. This is the first week I haven't gotten a podium since I've been doin the time trials. Streak ruined :(

10 events entered, 7 podiums, 2 dq's and 1 non podium.

Back