GTP_WRS Week 50 : Yo, Check Out My Taillights, Bro

• Thread starter EDK
  • 189 comments
I need to try and improve my splits. There is no way in Pandora I am going to be the slowest D2 driver. Not now, not. EVER.*

*- Can you tell I hate being last in my division in the leaderboards? I hate being last ANYTIME. I consider it an insult to my skills; I know I'm better than that.

only 0.016 at tge line messed up the second last corner a bit

I need to try and improve my splits. There is no way in Pandora I am going to be the slowest D2 driver. Not now, not. EVER.*

*- Can you tell I hate being last in my division in the leaderboards? I hate being last ANYTIME. I consider it an insult to my skills; I know I'm better than that.
I've noticed that anytime we have a low grip combo, you excel. High grip combo, you struggle.

Could it be that simple?

The good news is it does not take much of an improvement to make a sizeable move up. There is only 0.100 difference from position 16 to 32 (where I'm at).

The bad news is I have been trying like 🤬 the last few days without any success. :mad:

Final splits for me

Lost a bit in a final corner :(
Thanks mini Stigy for his video from race. It helped me to found up to 0.1 s.

Submitted, rejected. Aperantly my stock car wasnt that stock even though i never touch the settings of any car, dont even do an oil change on most cars. Oh well. Good luck everyone.

Submitted, rejected. Aperantly my stock car wasnt that stock even though i never touch the settings of any car, dont even do an oil change on most cars. Oh well. Good luck everyone.
We had specific instructions for the transmission adjustment, and those were required.

Was it that, or something else, that caught you out?

If you did not put extra rigidity on it and already set all except transmission to "default" (I guess that in those versions of the game that the buttons exist the defaults are identical but could be wrong), then I don't know what to suggest.

If you did not put extra rigidity on it and already set all except transmission to "default" (I guess that in those versions of the game that the buttons exist the defaults are identical but could be wrong), then I don't know what to suggest.
The other thing it could be is a car that was purchased before the major game update that affected the stock settings of most cars. Particularly Toe and camber settings.

I think most people realize this by now, and MOST buy a new car for a WRS week. Submitting early in the week can help guard against this, giving you time to correct.

Would love some help here anyone

. Is there any way of saving a replay from the ps3 without a USB key? I have sd cards in phones.. Finally ready to submit a lap after half a year out and can't find a damn stick!! Aghhhhh

EDK
The other thing it could be is a car that was purchased before the major game update that affected the stock settings of most cars. Particularly Toe and camber settings.
Yes, the idea was that if you have used the "reset buttons" that came in an update, you're probably good to go.

Last edited:

. Is there any way of saving a replay from the ps3 without a USB key? I have sd cards in phones.. Finally ready to submit a lap after half a year out and can't find a damn stick!! Aghhhhh
Well, my phone would work for this, with the right cable. Good luck.

Guess it would have to be a sony though. Damn this is infuriating
I don't know about phones but it's actually a standard of sorts (USB Mass Storage), so not restricted to one manufacturer. Probably more of an issue to find that cable.

You can probably use your smart phones charger cable and plug it into the USB ports on the PS3. Haven't tried this, so can't confirm, but it should work.

EDK
We had specific instructions for the transmission adjustment, and those were required.

Was it that, or something else, that caught you out?

EDK

I think most people realize this by now, and MOST buy a new car for a WRS week. Submitting early in the week can help guard against this, giving you time to correct.

Its like you said EDK

Errors:
CamberFront setting is invalid
CamberRear setting is invalid
ToeFront setting is invalid
ToeRear setting is invalid

PD went to town in the tuning sheets, i dont come there very often. I buy the car and go. Its all good no worries.

Reactions: EDK
No need to buy the car again. Just hit reset to default on all (in your case just the suspension) settings, then adjust the tranny and power settings.

I used to be able to make my Droid 1 phone work for that, it was good about having a storage only mode, and did not require responsive software from the device you were plugging into in order to view the data.

But the newer devices with newer OS do not work that way, so my phone will not work.

You might just give it a try, if you have a USB charger cable that you can use.

Submitted with what I have. Haven't done anymore laps since my original splits, and if I remember right, my T3 wasn't too good. Good luck to everyone else 👍

Submitting with these, PB's in T1 and T3, but the worst T2 of the 5 or so laps I've recorded splits for. :irked: Best T2 was .18 faster.

Latest Posts

Back