GTP_WRS Week 51 : The Heir of Monaco

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 201 comments
First time I've used manual gears. Not too difficult cos I only used 1st and 2nd. In auto it wouldn't always kick down to 1st at first corner before hill and would lose a lot of time.

T1: 30.464
T2: 1:21.281

Now to untie my arms for Cape Ring. :lol:

Good luck everyone. :cheers:

submitted and accepted , at the 3rd try .

2 times the replay was rejected , saying :

"Submission for week 51 is REJECTED!

You need to attach exactly one replay with your best lap.

Please make sure to attach a valid Gran Turismo replay, as described on the forums.

You can create a new conversation with the attached replay(s). "

dont have a clue why it got rejected first ?

submitted and accepted , at the 3rd try .

2 times the replay was rejected , saying :

"Submission for week 51 is REJECTED!

You need to attach exactly one replay with your best lap.

Please make sure to attach a valid Gran Turismo replay, as described on the forums.

You can create a new conversation with the attached replay(s). "

dont have a clue why it got rejected first ?
Do you think you mistakenly uploaded the replay twice?

Can you add me, @Gravitron and @JoostBaksteen to one of the rejection conversations, by clicking "Invite More" at the top right?

First time I've used manual gears. Not too difficult cos I only used 1st and 2nd. In auto it wouldn't always kick down to 1st at first corner before hill and would lose a lot of time.
You need to change to manual shifting permanently.

Seriously, it will give you better car control and make you faster. So many weeks where shift point, gear selection for corners, timing of the downshift or upshift matters. It will help you improve your driving immensely, no reason not to when you have a wheel and paddles.

New splits:

1:16.933

Miserable sector 2. Never got a lap I was happy with:ouch:. I'm not even sure if this is clean, just did it, and no time to check.

Submitted with splits on the board. This is the first time that I spent lots of time on this track and I needed all of it to figure out the subtleties of this circuit If I could have ever been consistent on sector 1, I had another .2 to get. Oh well, lots of fun and good luck to everyone.

New splits:

1:16.933

Miserable sector 2. Never got a lap I was happy with:ouch:. I'm not even sure if this is clean, just did it, and no time to check.
You shouldn't submit a lap like that, you could have just submitted your old lap.

Welp, just had a chance to check my replay, and it's going to come down to what the definition of hitting a wall is, lol.
You shouldn't submit a lap like that, you could have just submitted your old lap.
My old lap was very questionable at the chicane too:lol:. Doesn't really matter if it gets DQ'd to be honest. Probably going to be positive handicap. Also, congrats on a total domination of everyone else:bowdown:

Welp, just had a chance to check my replay, and it's going to come down to what the definition of hitting a wall is, lol.

My old lap was very questionable at the chicane too:lol:. Doesn't really matter if it gets DQ'd to be honest. Probably going to be positive handicap. Also, congrats on a total domination of everyone else:bowdown:
You are making it hard for whoever is going to check your replay. It's a waste of time and it does matter if you get disqualified or not. There used to be a rule which was 3 DQ's and you're out. Just keep that in mind the next time you are about to submit.

Thanks everyone.:cheers:

I have a question @w-g-e , do you always run 0 abs, or did that just work for this track and car combo? I gave it a shot, but I don't have the skill to tame that setup that you ran.

I have a question @w-g-e , do you always run 0 abs, or did that just work for this track and car combo? I gave it a shot, but I don't have the skill to tame that setup that you ran.
No, I don't always use ABS 0. To be honest I haven't spend many hours playing GT6, so I don't have much reference. It happened to work for me this time and I may keep on doing it every week. In the past though I've always found it more fun and possibly more realistic to drive without ABS and I like a good challenge. Congrats on the podium.👍

Joe has touched the wall at the entrance of la rassacasse but there is no audible bump or loss of speed will put a pic asap
The Green Pic is @w-g-e
and the orange @Mini Stiggy

Attachments

• Côte d'Azur.jpg
    Côte d'Azur.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Côte d'Azur_1.jpg
    Côte d'Azur_1.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 6
  • Côte d'Azur_2.jpg
    Côte d'Azur_2.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 5