GTP_WRS Week 53 : Where We're Going, We Don't Need Roads

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 238 comments
Well, after many more miles ran than I really intended to, here are my submitted and accepted splits.

1'00.882

Not really anything to write home about, I can only hope that my run to the line will be my saving grace. Regardless of where I finish this week, I can take pride in knowing that I gave it my absolute best effort. Good luck everyone and may all your hopes and dreams come true. :cheers:

Thanks again to @Ed_Night I couldn't have done it without your help. Much appreciated. :bowdown:

Now, if you all will excuse me, I'm off to see how pissed off I can make my anger management counselor. :mischievous: :lol:

Didn't have a chance to give it another try so I had to submit with what I had from last week. I think I was pretty much at my limit anyway and doubt I would have made any improvement without several hours' work, if at all.

@schmues_hh I think you probably got me with your last effort. Nice job! :cheers:

Didn't have a chance to give it another try so I had to submit with what I had from last week. I think I was pretty much at my limit anyway and doubt I would have made any improvement without several hours' work, if at all.

@schmues_hh I think you probably got me with your last effort. Nice job! :cheers:

I think our results will be very close :) ... it's all about how we managed turn 9.

I think our results will be very close :) ... it's all about how we managed turn 9.

Yes, you're right. I feel fairly good about my T3, but I doubt if I'm 0.2 better than you... we'll see :) ...and 3rd and 4th are pretty close too, so who knows? Anything can happen.

I've submitted with my current splits. I did another run and saw .533 and .540 T2's but my ghost passed me in T3. :(
Good luck everyone.

Well, I ran out of time. I managed 4 laps with a T1 time of 28.2**, the best being 28.227, only to have a poor middle sector. I can only dream of the time that would have given me.

A whopping 7 hours spent on this one, such a cracking combo. Thanks again @Gravitron!

Good luck all, and I cannot wait to see the fast T3 times from the really quick guys.

EDIT : Submitted and Accepted.

A whopping 7 hours spent on this one, such a cracking combo. Thanks again @Gravitron!

So this brings up an interesting point that I've been curious about, and sorry in advance if it's a retread topic, but how much time do you guys usually spend per week on the WRS TTs? As for me, on this one I think I spent about 4-5 hours. That's usually about as much as I have time for.

Back to the grind one last time...

1'01.728

And probably at least 2/10ths slower at the line than the next-slowest D2 driver, but that's to be expected. This track doesn't like ABS0, and I am not really a D2 driver.

At least Fetchy took the time.

So this brings up an interesting point that I've been curious about, and sorry in advance if it's a retread topic, but how much time do you guys usually spend per week on the WRS TTs? As for me, on this one I think I spent about 4-5 hours. That's usually about as much as I have time for.

This is the most I have spent for a long while. @GTP_CargoRatt being very quick spurred me on.

The last 3 hours though, were down to the following; being able to do repeated 28.2** sector 1'00.8, and repeated 32.3** middle sectors. If I could have joined them together, I could have been on for a overall podium.
Well, at least until the last sector times were added.

So, normally less than 4 hours, but I was quick here.

Well, my temporary entry has to be my final entry. Only made about 6-7 laps, and right now, I can't improve that..

I don't think you know the magnitude of what you are asking. :crazy: :lol: For me, and I will go on the low end here, I spend around 6-8 hours a day, everyday, per event. On days where I have absolutely nothing to do, (no doctors appts, counseling, ect) it is nothing for me to spend 12-14 hours a day on an event. Its called dedication and wanting so bad to be the very best I can be. Plus, I have two goals: D1 Gold & to be a GT Academy Finalist and make the trip to wherever the finals are held. Those two goals are what drives me and until I can make those goals happen, I will be going all out.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, 5th place and another division win!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so 🤬 happy right now. :D My confidence that I have lost a long time ago is back and I couldn't be happier. Finally, all those late night, early morning practice sessions are paying off. The eye of the Tiger baby, the eye of the tiger!!!!!!

Thanks again goes out to my mentor this last week @Ed_Night You made this possible and I am truly indebted to you. :bowdown: Thank you, thank you, thank you. :bowdown:

I don't think you know the magnitude of what you are asking. :crazy: :lol: For me, and I will go on the low end here, I spend around 6-8 hours a day, everyday, per event. On days where I have absolutely nothing to do, (no doctors appts, counseling, ect) it is nothing for me to spend 12-14 hours a day on an event. Its called dedication and wanting so bad to be the very best I can be. Plus, I have two goals: D1 Gold & to be a GT Academy Finalist and make the trip to wherever the finals are held. Those two goals are what drives me and until I can make those goals happen, I will be going all out.

Well Mitch, there's no question you have earned your title "Time Trial Warrior" in your sig! And big congrats on your win this week! 👍

It's great to see you making progress towards your goal, but you have to admit you're probably more the exception than the rule when it comes to how much time you spend weekly on the TTs :)

I'm still interested in what is a more typical or average amount of time for most of the guys here.

And while I'm at it, congrats to all the winners this week! Another nail biter! :cheers:

Well Mitch, there's no question you have earned your title "Time Trial Warrior" in your sig! And big congrats on your win this week! 👍

It's great to see you making progress towards your goal, but you have to admit you're probably more the exception than the rule when it comes to how much time you spend weekly on the TTs :)

I'm still interested in what is a more typical or average amount of time for most of the guys here.

And while I'm at it, congrats to all the winners this week! Another nail biter! :cheers:

Thank you for the words of support, much appreciated. And yea, I know I'm pretty much the exception to the rule but you know what, there has to be one crazy ass maniac out of the bunch. :lol: My near fatal accident back 5 years ago was a blessing in disguise as it has allowed me to do something I really love....compete in auto racing, albeit virtually, but I'll take it. :cheers:

Back