GTP_WRS Week 61 : How Would You R8 Your New Years?

• Thread starter EDK
  • 177 comments
Some slow splits, just to get me on this shiny new leaderboard :sly:

T1: 23.060
T2: 58.943

Lol mine are even slower, i've driven much faster T2s, but in this lap my final sector was so fast that the laptime was faster than all the other laps.

It was my first run on the GT layout and I ruin the lap at the "GT" bend all the time as i'm so used to the other layout :crazy:, but well after 20 laps this was my fastest run:

T1: 0'23.090
T2: 0'59.594

But i'm expecting improvement in the rest of the week :D

Some new splits.

T1: 22.549
T2: 57.411

EDK
  • T1 and T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.
Minimal number of splits: 2
Maximum number of splits: 2

Sorry for the double post, but Kevin what does the white writing mean about "minimal number of splits:2" "maximum number of splits:2"

Or is that a copy and paste error????

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the double post, but Kevin what does the white writing mean about "minimal number of splits:2" "maximum number of splits:2"

Or is that a copy and paste error????

It's there for the FetchBot. ;)

And in white, so as to not be disruptive in general to the flow of the thread.

And what double post? :sly:

Few more laps of practice netted me these splits:

T1: 23.287
T2: 59.367

T1: 22.962
T2: 58.705

The last section of this track continues to be my nemesis, I always have a hard time getting through there smooth.

EDIT: Played a little more with a little more improvement.

Last edited:
First splits

T1: 22.634
T2: 57.505

As much as some of you hate the demo (not pointing any fingers :lol:), I hate the way the R8 understeers :sly:

The GT version, that's different.:) Just about to fire up the old PS3 and have a go now.:)

Edit: Not the fastest on the boards by a long shot, there was another tenth in T1 but for the life of me I couldn't replicate it, so:

T1: 22.665
T2: 57.719

Room for improvement in sector 3 for sure, not sure about sector 2.

Last edited:
Think I'm gonna give this a whirl. It's been a while since I played Prologue.

In the OLR it says: "No Hybrids"
What does this mean? (I translated this in Dutch, it says Hybrids=Hybriden. So I still don't understand this ;) )

A hybrid is a car that can be created by manipulating the program code of the game. I don't know if that's already possible in Prologue, but in GT4 you could program a hybrid car with the chassis of a RUF, the drivetrain of a Subaru, and the wing of a Superbird :D

On second thought, I'm not sure I'll be able to participate... do we have to use Spec III? I recently wiped my PS3, and won't be able to download Spec III for a little while...

First splits

T1: 22.634
T2: 57.505

As much as some of you hate the demo (not pointing any fingers :lol:), I hate the way the R8 understeers :sly:

Am I the only one not finding any understeer?

New splits:

T1 22.686
T2 58.119

1.3 seconds taken off my best time from yesterday!

Plenty of time to make up in the long right and left hairpin, hoping to get a 58.0 or even a very high 57 by the time I submit.

Last edited:
First splits with my new G25 :)

I'm definitely not going to be d1 standards for a longgg time.

Found a lot of time today and I'm quite happy with the result :)

T1: 22.574
T2: 57.349

Am I the only one not finding any understeer?
You get a lot of understeer when exiting a corner while flooring the throttle. :crazy: It feels like you have no control of where the car is going to end up.

Found a lot of time today and I'm quite happy with the result :)

T1: 22.574
T2: 57.349

You get a lot of understeer when exiting a corner while flooring the throttle. :crazy: It feels like you have no control of where the car is going to end up.

Good T2, must be all that understeer!

First "session" (If 7 laps before taking a shower counts as a session) nets me splits that are at least in the same second as my division. My main goal was a T2 of 1 minute, but I easily got a 59.xxx. I'll do some housework and then set to improve more my time. As for now:

Early Splits:

T1: 0'23.253
T2: 0'59.931

Maybe this time I won't be in last place!!! Although it might be day-dreaming :lol:.

:cheers:

First ten laps just to put something on the shiny new board. After 10 days of GT5TT it feels very strange driving this one.

First ten laps just to put something on the shiny new board. After 10 days of GT5TT it feels very strange driving this one.

Now, for me, I jumped back to Prologue, and I felt quicker. I've learnt from the TT demo, even if I am doing worse than a bull in a china shop.

Now, for me, I jumped back to Prologue, and I felt quicker. I've learnt from the TT demo, even if I am doing worse than a bull in a china shop.

Was more or less the same for me. Took about 10 minutes to get back into the groove but felt easier to play after doing the TT Demo

A couple of laps more gave me this improved lap:

T1: 0'23.408
T2: 0'59.603

I shaved a total of 1.6 second of that lap but I cant submit it since it was online and (much to my anger) I took 3 wheels out of the track :ouch::headbang::ouch:. Still, to show you guys how my improvement is going ;).

EDIT:

I dont know how but I made an astounding T1 and a slightly worse T2, but a better total time :confused:. Unfortunately there was another off track issue. I think a clean lap is close with this splits:

T1: 0'23.086
T2: 0'59.819

Last edited:
Has anyone seen Struppi's world record at this track? It is abysmally appalling, amazed he didn't get numerous penalties, especially the 2nd to last corner.:rolleyes:

Was more or less the same for me. Took about 10 minutes to get back into the groove but felt easier to play after doing the TT Demo

I felt quicker after about a week back from 1 month's involuntary break, because you come with the attitude of how can I make this car go fastest around this corner, and you seem to feel it better, rather than this is how I'll drive it and the car seems to like it this way.

Back