GTP_WRS Week 61 : How Would You R8 Your New Years?

• Thread starter EDK
  • 177 comments
Slowly improving with the wheel 👍

Still lots of tenths to be found :)

I'm bad! ;-)
Keeping steady as beeing the last driver!

T1: 0'23.210
T2: 0'59.661

Lol, at least you can keep the car on track ;) I know a lot of people who are at least a minute slower than you ;)

The level at GTPlanet is just very high...

You don't need to be ashamed, keep it up! You'll improve a lot. You're almost a second faster than your previous splits and faster than my first run... keep it up and just try to improve yourself and don't compare yourself too much with the aliens at the top ;)

:cheers:

Last splits for this decade :sly:

T1: 22.926
T2: 58.443

I'm afraid you'll have to wait until the end of 2010 before the start of the new decade. The current decade started on 01.01.2001 so the next one will begin on 01.01.2011. Sorry for being pedantic :nervous:

I'm afraid you'll have to wait until the end of 2010 before the start of the new decade. The current decade started on 01.01.2001 so the next one will begin on 01.01.2011. Sorry for being pedantic :nervous:

:lol: that's always bugged me as well Steven!!!

I see it both ways. You could also say it's a start of a new decade because it's the end of the 80's for example. So we're finishing the 00's and moving on to the 10's. :P

Just submitted my final laptime
Newyearseve is about to begin... champagne=bad driving
next day: hangover=bad driving

Happy new year to you all!

If you want to be pedantic about it, isn't every year the end of a decade? :sly:

And by the way, I sincerely hope my New Year is better than this event .. I R8 my driving in the Audi supercar as just horrible right now.

EDIT: Latest splits.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I haven't been approved yet, but here are my times anyway. I wish I would have known about the WRS sooner. Well, now I have a renewed use for GT5:P. I ran 50 laps and this is the best I could do!

T1: 22.879
T2:58.645

Okay, here are my T1 & T2 times ran for about an hour. I might give it another go later.

T1: '23.022
T2: '58.578

I had a fairly lengthy stint this morning, and although I saw better T1 and T2 splits, I could not better my laptime, so I'm submitting with my current splits.

:) Happy New Year to you all :)

I think I may just submit too, I don't think there's much left for me.

Hello all.
First time on the WRS. Thanks to the organizers for putting this on.

T1: 22.716
T2: 57.909

Happy New Year!
Spiff

Hello all.
First time on the WRS. Thanks to the organizers for putting this on.

T1: 22.716
T2: 57.909

Happy New Year!
Spiff

Great to see you in here. 👍

We've had some nice online battles over the last couple of years. :)

I never realized you liced so close to me. :crazy:

i am a new gtp member i was approved only today so does that mean i can enter this event or will i be eligile for the event after this any one know ?

i am a new gtp member i was approved only today so does that mean i can enter this event or will i be eligile for the event after this any one know ?

Yep, I see you in the registry thread under the Div 4 Silver group so you are all set to compete this week - GOOD LUCK!!!! 👍

Welcome to WRS. Here's also your friendly reminder to add a signature line with information about which division you're in and which controller type you use.

Edit: New splits. Found the key to turn one.

Last edited:
Can you take it down the ironmongers and get them to copy the key, then send it in an SAE to...

I'll be hitting this one last time tonight for this event, made me realise how much I missed the WRS.

Edit:

Pretty good T2, but poor T1, lost .2 there, and at least .15 in T3. My best T1 is .589 (which I hit in 3 consec laps), so I'd hope I can submit with a 57.7 for T2 at some point...

Last edited:
EDK
Great to see you in here. 👍

We've had some nice online battles over the last couple of years. :)

I never realized you liced so close to me. :crazy:

Its a small world. :)

I really wanted to put my name down for SFGTP5 but a very fluid work schedule wouldn't allow for it. Maybe this summer will be more favorable.

I've really enjoyed our races too. You and Vax have shown me the fast way around for a while now.

Thanks again and hopefully see you on track again!

Spiff

He fellas,back from holiday!!

First of all:happy new year to everybody...may it be a year we wont forget soon...(gt5)

Second:I came home and did a few laps in the Audi and these are my first splits:

T1: 0'22.598
T2: 0'57.523

Lots of time to improve...especially in T3...will be back tomorrow...

spy.

New splits. Found the key to turn one.

Very nice splits Thomas - I tried quite a bit tonight to improve but found nothing - I did see one 57.6xx but it was on a dirty lap where I went wide just after the long righthander. This one really has me frustrated - no clean replays to watch and very inconsistent driving on my part makes for a bad start to my New Year. :grumpy:

I'll have to give it a few more goes to see if I can put any pressure on you other Div 2 guys for a podium this week.

What bothers me most on some of these replays is the blatant engine braking - if this is truly "The Real Driving Simulator", I honestly can't believe you could take a car going 160 mph and downshift from 5th to 2nd and not adversely effect the engine in some way. I realize its just a game but then how "real" can it actually be?

Welcome back spyrrari!!!! 👍

Late to my own party. :dopey:

Have been as good as about 0.3 better on both splits, but could not turn it into a full lap.

EDK
Late to my own party. :dopey:

Have been as good as about 0.3 better on both splits, but could not turn it into a full lap.

Doesn't get any more pimpin' than that.:dopey:

What bothers me most on some of these replays is the blatant engine braking - if this is truly "The Real Driving Simulator", I honestly can't believe you could take a car going 160 mph and downshift from 5th to 2nd and not adversely effect the engine in some way. I realize its just a game but then how "real" can it actually be?

This confuses me a little, does it only work with clutch? In any car I've ever driven (in the game), bouncing off the limiter, like you would be in 2nd gear at those speeds, is no different than being in neutral, there's no engine braking advantage at all.

Last edited:
T1 23.019 22.881 22.868
T2 59.049 58.776 58.555

Just did about 25 laps putting in some good consistent laps, will do another 25 tomorrow try to shave off some more time.

I'm seeing where I'm losing time, but if I get it correct there I usually lose it elsewhere... need to string together the perfect lap.

Think I was a bit hasty in submitting my time.. just shaved off approx 1 sec, probably had the best sector 3 I'd probably have...

Last edited:
Very nice splits Thomas

Thanks, unfortunately T3 is far from stellar. I had a lap with a 58.0XX T2 that was only a tenth slower at the line so there's a lot of time to be found in the twisty bits.

Back