GTP_WRS Week 61 : How Would You R8 Your New Years?

• Thread starter EDK
  • 177 comments
Submitted with these new splits...:

T1: 0'22.582
T2: 0'57.345

Not happy about my T3 because i whas just so tyred of fighting the power understeer that i just made sure my T3 whas clean...left a few tents there for sure...

spy.

Last edited:
That's pretty close to mine, could be a tight finish.;) Nice splits.👍

You've got me by .23 at T2 and I know you well enough that you aren't gonna lose that much in the final sector. I think you'll run away with Div 2 this week - the real battle will be between Thomas, rmk700, crispy, and me for the final 2 podium spots I suspect. Thanks to the new leaderboard, it is very interesting to note that you are the only non-Div1 driver to do the second sector in under 35 seconds - my guess would be you also have a better third sector than the rest of us. :)

Extremely nice splits there spyrrari! Can't wait to see the results tonight.

I adore this combo, it's working real well for me. I'm improving all the time.

T1: 22.541
T2:57.491

Would the FetchBot get confused if you posted 2 sets of splits, the fastest set of splits belonging to the lap where you messed up the T3? Well, it happened to me and I set an awesome T2 only to mess up T3 because I tried to keep it clean. It ended up being a tength slower than my fastest lap at the line :ouch:

I'm going to have a few more goes to string all the lost tenths together :)

You've got me by .23 at T2 and I know you well enough that you aren't gonna lose that much in the final sector. I think you'll run away with Div 2 this week - the real battle will be between Thomas, rmk700, crispy, and me for the final 2 podium spots I suspect. Thanks to the new leaderboard, it is very interesting to note that you are the only non-Div1 driver to do the second sector in under 35 seconds - my guess would be you also have a better third sector than the rest of us. :)

Extremely nice splits there spyrrari! Can't wait to see the results tonight.

Cheers LP,yeah am also curious to see them...but like i said,my T3 isn't the fastest possible...so don't think i will have a chance to be on the podium.
All depends though on what others did in T3 obviously...guess we will know soon.

spy.

I adore this combo, it's working real well for me. I'm improving all the time.

T2:57.491

Would the FetchBot get confused if you posted 2 sets of splits, the fastest set of splits belonging to the lap where you messed up the T3? Well, it happened to me and I set an awesome T2 only to mess up T3 because I tried to keep it clean. It ended up being a tength slower than my fastest lap at the line :ouch:

I'm going to have a few more goes to string all the lost tenths together :)

Also very nice splits, early this morning I was within .001 of you at T2 but NOT anymore. :lol: I know where I've lost time in the second sector but I don't think I'll have time to get warmed up again today and take one more run at this one.

Would the FetchBot get confused if you posted 2 sets of splits, the fastest set of splits belonging to the lap where you messed up the T3.
The parse program reads the last splits in the post or the ones that are not striked. If you edit your post to add a new set of splits, fetchbot reads them just fine.

(Joost, please correct me if I'm wrong)

Submitting with my rather below par time. I feel like I'm making progress but still not at the level I was before on the pad, still practise makes perfect right?! Now where's that F1 car :scared:

EDK
As far as your lap submission, since this was clearly an error and not a case of submitting and then improving your time, OK to submit again to Vaxen.

Okay! Thank you,

I did another run and will submit my new laptime.
My correct splits are:

The parse program reads the last splits in the post or the ones that are not striked. If you edit your post to add a new set of splits, fetchbot reads them just fine.

(Joost, please correct me if I'm wrong)

True that, and if you post multiple sets, the bots only uses the last set, you don't need to strikethrough the splits that are not valid. Just make sure you post 2 complete sets.

If you post just T1 and another valid set, the total number of splits is 3 in this week. The system will not recognize this. It will only recognize posts with 2, 4, 6 etc number of splits.

I've re-enabled this functionality just now as it was disabled. I'm not sure why I disabled it.... I think by mistake.... But to be sure we'll need to keep an eye on the system and make sure the splits are still imported correctly.

---

I've had:

T1: 22.641
T2: 58.356

only to mess up the very last corner... ARGHHH. That really sucked.

Submitted now with:

I keep getting faster and faster, I think if we had another day I could shafe another .4 of my final time.

But im quite satisfied with my final time anyway. It's definately not the cleanest lap I did, in fact it's pretty dirty, I had trouble keeping it on the apex twice, but I managed to keep it clean by the rules. And at the end of the day the only thing that counts is the time at s/f.

(so this post should be parsed correctly /edit: which it doesn't /edit2: but after I re-enabled some code it does)

Last edited:
I tried to improve on my splits and I did...

T1: 22.511
T2: 57.293

Only to mess up the 2nd corner in t3 :ouch::ouch: There goes my first potential podium down the drain :lol:

Submitting with:

T2: 57.491

EDK
Managed to improve a bit, finally tying a decent 3rd sector to splits that I'm capable of.

I can see picking up another couple tenths, will be back before deadline.

I submitted last night, with the splits shown. I could improve this T2 by 0.2 with relative consistency, but this was a quick last sector. Should be interesting to see how the results order compares to the leaderboard.

Oh man, submitted with new and final splits for me.... also sick and tired of a car pushing over the front end this bad.... besides that time is almost up anyways :lol:

T1: 22.632
T2: 57.571

This will require an aweful close look at exit T1 for varification, it's BLODDY close. Let me put it this way: if the red and white paint on the outside of the rumblestrip counts as rumblestrip its clean. If the rumble strip stops where it stop "rumbling" :lol:, I have to accept a DQ (I checked the WRS ORL on this, not specified specifically). Ironically I had a much better T1 of .479 previously that was super clean (and T2!!!), but with an even worse Sector 3 obviously.... Putting it all together is key which I just never could do :ouch:

Good luck to all! :cheers:

Last edited:
This will require an aweful close look at exit T1 for varification, it's BLODDY close. Let me put it this way: if the red and white paint on the outside of the rumblestrip counts as rumblestrip its clean. If the rumble strip stops where it stop "rumbling" :lol:, I have to accept a DQ (I checked the WRS ORL on this, not specified specifically).

The rumble strip is the entire red and white area. As long as you are 100% sure you have at least 2 tires on rumble or tarmac, you are fine.

It's easy to have the car push off there, I had a few that felt fine, but on review were not.

Passed the qualifier a few days ago, not completely happy with the lap I reached:

T1: 22.792
T2: 58.099

Did 1 valid but GTP dirty lap that was quite a bit faster.

Just submitted with the following splits.
It took 3 sessions to beat my previous ghost............by .023 seconds. :indiff:
Good luck to all of you.

i've reached my limit! so many laps spent toe to toe with my ghost, shaving .05 here, losing .05 there... i've had enough. .4 quicker than yesterday though so got to be happy. here are my splits

.... oh by the way, where do you submit splits? i sent them with my final lap time to the PM stated, but you guys have been uploading splits, updating them and improving on the leader board since day one. i thought you could only submit once. dont understand. this is my first WRS event so sorry if its obvious

Last edited:
All done here also, tried & tried to shave a bit more off but just couldn't do it - I really hate when I don't meet my goal for this week and this was one of those combos.

Good Luck All!!!

Submitted with the splits currently on the board. That lap was near perfect anyway, so I didn't put any more time in it :dunce:

.... oh by the way, where do you submit splits? i sent them with my final lap time to the PM stated, but you guys have been uploading splits, updating them and improving on the leader board since day one. i thought you could only submit once. dont understand. this is my first WRS event so sorry if its obvious

Thanks to these two geniusses, JoostBaksteen and Steven, we have a fully automated leaderboard: the WLB. So if you post your splits like you did, those splits will be put onte the leaderboard without you noticing it.
The PM to Vaxen is only for the final results. The results are mostly posted the day after the WRS deadline.
I hope that clears that up for you 👍

You can post multiple splits, but only submit one final lap time.

Oh yeah and that :lol:

I'm really anxious for the results :sly:

Submitted with the splits I have on the board.

Didn't have any time to improve since iRacing invaded my free time...

Good Luck to all!

i've reached my limit! so many laps spent toe to toe with my ghost, shaving .05 here, losing .05 there... i've had enough. .4 quicker than yesterday though so got to be happy. here are my splits

We post our splits here in the thread as the week progresses, so everyone has an idea of how they are doing vs. the competition.

As PASM mentioned, you should only submit your final laptime to Vaxen once. But you can keep improving your lap and posting updated splits as many times as you would like, before submitting.

Back