GTP_WRS Week 9: Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 57 comments
Welldone everyone, and congratulations to the podiumwinners and everyone who worked hard for this.

A bit dissapointed myself, still my first negative handicap, but lost a lot of time in T3.

@KlubbinJay ; last week i was still giving you the benefit of doubts, altough i was almost certain, and now I am. Please do not clutter our leaderboards anymore with your ridiculous time's. This is a honest community and braggin' or even worse; putting false information on the boards is absolute not done !!!! you are making a fool of yourself.....

He did the t3 on two wheels for the epic bantz!

Well, I guess I can just about give up on getting better. It looks like I might even be getting slower. Oh well. Maybe I should be demoted to Division 4 Bronze. Is there a secret Division 5?

Well, I guess I can just about give up on getting better. It looks like I might even be getting slower. Oh well. Maybe I should be demoted to Division 4 Bronze. Is there a secret Division 5?

Persistance :) The best ingredient to success! And keep away from the doubting, that stuff is poison :yuck:

Persistance :) The best ingredient to success! And keep away from the doubting, that stuff is poison :yuck:
Believe me, I put in a crazy amount of time playing this game. Maybe one of the highest here. I'll just move on to the final stage of acceptance and just have to put up with being a roadblock for everyone else. :odd: At least it's fun 95% of the time.

Believe me, I put in a crazy amount of time playing this game. Maybe one of the highest here. I'll just move on to the final stage of acceptance and just have to put up with being a roadblock for everyone else. :odd: At least it's fun 95% of the time.

Might be worth you taking a week out of the WRS and revisiting the previous weeks event.

For example...

Instead of moving to the RX7, spend another week on the ZZ.

Take the tune I posted for the ZZ (it’s in this thread, is easy to drive, and it was good enough for 3 of the top 10 drivers), download a replay from someone c.1s faster than your time and work on beating that time. Watch the replay, see what the driver does, use their ghost to see where you’re losing time and focus on improving your lines and exit speed.

Once you’ve beaten that lap, download a replay faster again and see if you can beat that.

If you’re serious about improving you could look at this as a week invested for the future.

If you like, I could have a look at your replay and see if there's something obvious you should do differently?

If you like, I could have a look at your replay and see if there's something obvious you should do differently?

I second that 👍

I wonder if the wrs academy is still going on, I know that was good and worked for me quite well :) so if its still going on it might be something worth doing. But one thing is for sure, find your weak points and improve on them. Driving harder while making the same mistakes is going to have only minimal improvements and a lot of frustration on your part.

Woohoo! My first negative handicap of GT6... had to work hard for it, though. Yeah, I know, it's tiny, but still... Hey Lucas, is that your first also?

Yes, this was my first negative handicap too. :) :cheers:

-0.001 (actually -0.00097 :lol:). Ironically I spent less time on this week than most other weeks, Jerome laid down a solid benchmark time for our team, then was away all weekend, so I just ran until I beat that. 👍
When I finally took his advice and switched to max-front/min-rear ride height on Saturday night things just started clicking.

On another note, when and how will the team results be published?
It will be sometime today US time. Unfortunately a couple teams neglected to notify Jerome of their teams' entries. We've PM'd them and will accept their late entries this week, but future week's we'll not be so lenient. Make sure your captain PM's Jerome before the TT deadline!

So that looks like all D1, D2, and top three from D3 verified. Thanks!
I'm gonna do the rest of D3 now.

All clean:

GTP_ollie57:
user118395pic1573412914.gif

EWeinbauer:

stevetuffers:

nursemorph:

SINY999:

jibatator:

Thanks a lot.. for verifying my replay..

^I wish I had more time, I had .15 in that lap still, but glad you could finish strong for us Lucas.

Results have been posted 👍

Link.

And a BIG thank you to @WRP001 for helping me with the Leaderboard :bowdown:

Jerome

Not sure I understand how the scoring system works, but happy to have delivered a 2nd place for the team post adjustments for handicap :)

Welldone everyone, and congratulations to the podiumwinners and everyone who worked hard for this.

A bit dissapointed myself, still my first negative handicap, but lost a lot of time in T3.

@KlubbinJay ; last week i was still giving you the benefit of doubts, altough i was almost certain, and now I am. Please do not clutter our leaderboards anymore with your ridiculous time's. This is a honest community and braggin' or even worse; putting false information on the boards is absolute not done !!!! you are making a fool of yourself.....
Hm. So this is the truth of it...
Isn't that a violation of the spirit of the game?
http://wrs.gtplanet.net/driver/Klubbin__Jay/

Read it and understand now :)

I was under the impression (for no obvious reason other than my own assumption) that the times would be ranked under the revised handicap and whoever got the best net time would be awarded 1st etc.

Me too :) (and the same incorrect assumption :lol:)

Congrats to all finishers for some great close results 👍 Thanks to the verifiers for checking 👍 Thanks to the Admins for keeping us interested with well thought out events and speedy results 👍 Thanks to the rest of the old farts for plugging away and helping each other over week 1 :cheers:

Well done chaps! and Congrats to my lovely wife for a decent result overall ;)

Where's @eclipsee 's time tho I wonder?

He has been busy the last few days and will be running in the later rounds, we basically used him for reference in round 1 :D we will make a use for him when the time is right ;)
Cheers :cheers:

Thanks for that, I was doing the math and trying to figure out how to use the multiplier and the lap time together. I was trying to see if you could figure out the best time/handicap score and then submit. It looks like you can't, as the handicap does not affect lap time only the point results. I spent way too much time trying to call on all of my past math abilities to figure it out :confused:.

Back