GTPFIA GT Omega GT1 World Cup Congrts to our champion Veloci_2NR!!

• Thread starter Jav
  • 3,185 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
My biggest fear in this series will be connection issues. All but one race I took part in were short lived due to internet connection issues. It would be a shame for that to cost me a run at the title, over and over again.

GTP: Wardez
Psn: Wardez
Car: RX-7 LM
Car#: 11
Country/time zone: US/PST

Can't pass up an opportunity like this haha, great job on the sponsorship Jav, I'll definitely be throwing my hat in.

I'll try to make it to tomorrow's practice, but I'm not sure if I'll make it.

With the races starting at 5 my time, it would be perfect because I have to leave for work by at least 6:20 in order to make it on time for work. Only problem's the endurance races, which may or may not take a day off for, we'll see how I go with the series first. Possibly starting them like thirty minutes earlier would be nice though.

Interesting qualifying method, I like that, as well as the single-class switch. You're breaking into some unprecedented ground here mate, let's hope the series carries through it well.
Good to have you in the series sir! Looking forward to some good racing!

I have some timed homework assignments to make tonight. I'm afraid I can't make it. It's hard as hell to play video games around school.

Great preseason race tonight guys Corvette seems pretty good to drive over a long distance roll on Spa.

Who is offended in one makes race?

Magz mentioned it with the prize at stake. It be a nice factor removed and more focused on driver.

ZR1 RM
ZO6 RM
NSX RM

RX-7 TC
R35 TC AWD meh
Challenger TC

All different colors and different numbers.

Idk just thought that sounded like a good way to eliminate ringer cars if you will. However we are close with the cars. Just hard to get the lower aero cars to hang.

With the R390 out of the equation the field is pretty even and should make for some great racing, we can still go back to the GT2 specs wich was proven to be extremely competitive. I mean the championship was decided on the last corner, on the last lap, on the last race of the season. You can't get any closer than that. In my opinion the cars are pretty even without the R390.

Just neuter the R390 then, it's fast, but even the Ford is still faster than it over 1 lap. Plus tyre wear is relatively bad.

I've tried GT2 Specs, and it was, while close, not much fun. Too easy to drive, going flat out through so many corners, and just flooring it out of all of them.

I'd take GT1 Spec minus R390 over that.

I don't think it's going anywhere. I love it too, handles really nicely to my style. I still think it's better to nerf it rather than drop it.

Staying with GT1 for now and pushing the schedule a week back for a third pre-season race to get it all sorted out.

What kinda times were you seeing with the R390 @Spa? I was getting 2:07's with it. But the Viper matches it. Also, if you increase the ballast a bit for the Panoz and send it to the rear it helps out with cornering, A LOT. Try it around 1175kg or 1200kg.

Can we stick with GT1 specs cars are way faster which is more fun I like cars with lots of power is the first race of the series still on this weekend?

What kinda times were you seeing with the R390 @Spa? I was getting 2:07's with it. But the Viper matches it. Also, if you increase the ballast a bit for the Panoz and send it to the rear it helps out with cornering, A LOT. Try it around 1175kg or 1200kg.

Magz and I were doing 2:04's and 2:05's in the R390. Felt good around there, but we were both pretty good at Spa. I could probably do those times with the Viper as well.

Jav
Staying with GT1 for now and pushing the schedule a week back for a third pre-season race to get it all sorted out.

Awesome won't miss round 1 then.

Try out 571hp next race and see how it does. I'll be out of town next week, and might be back in time for the following week, but we'll see.

Someone put some laps in at nurb gp/f with 571 hp and see where it is.

Last edited:
Peter.
Magz and I were doing 2:04's and 2:05's in the R390. Felt good around there, but we were both pretty good at Spa. I could probably do those times with the Viper as well.

Ive heard that the Nissan has been banned hasn't it?

Try out 571hp next race and see how it does. I'll be out of town next week, and might be back in time for the following week, but we'll see.

I'm afraid 29hp is not gonna do it, in this cars arround Nurburgring GP-F 50hp = 1sec, PJ was 2 seconds clear of the field when he was pushing to get back up, Magz and Lucky didn't have to push as hard and Lucky was a second clear off of Owens and .6 off of Pipi in the GT-R.

Now that I look back, I was doing 2:06's with the Viper, I love the way that thing turns in. In a race at Spa with some others I was doing 2:05's with the R390. Its extremely quick but of course some others have special tunes for these cars. I just alter the differential and lower it. I'm not the fastest guy either, but if I can get times like that then its possible for others to as well. I'd like to sign up for this series, but I fear I wont be regularly able to race.

the r390 is fast but not that much faster just limit the power, it had a lot to do with the tune i sent some time getting the car dialed in

the r390 is fast but not that much faster just limit the power, it had a lot to do with the tune i sent some time getting the car dialed in

Really depends on tirewear though. If you could easily do one stop (based off lap times, not actual tire level as under half tires at GP/F your lap times drop significantly) then its FAR better then the others. I'll have to look at the replay and check to see your late stint lap times. I know on my long stint I was running 1:55s and maybe 1:58 on the last lap due to dead tires with only around 13 laps.

Really depends on tirewear though. If you could easily do one stop (based off lap times, not actual tire level as under half tires at GP/F your lap times drop significantly) then its FAR better then the others. I'll have to look at the replay and check to see your late stint lap times. I know on my long stint I was running 1:55s and maybe 1:58 on the last lap due to dead tires with only around 13 laps.

If we are banning the R390 the racing will be much closer i have a feeling that the car is too dominant at the moment.

The R390 is very good on tire wear wich makes it even more dangerous, Lucky could've easily pulled a 1 stoper his first stop came at lap 15 and he only dropped down to the mid 52s on lap 15 averaging low 50s trough the first stint and a handfull of laps on the 49s without even pushing hard! Trust me the car is just too fast by a lot!

Jav
The R390 is very good on tire wear wich makes it even more dangerous, Lucky could've easily pulled a 1 stoper his first stop came at lap 15 and he only dropped down to the mid 52s on lap 15 averaging low 50s trough the first stint and a handfull of laps on the 49s without even pushing hard! Trust me the car is just too fast by a lot!

These cats think you don't see the road car version holding time trial records every time it's able to be used. ;)

Come on fellas. There are thee cars very right right now Ford/Dodge/Mercedes then the others become potent on larger tracks.

These cats think you don't see the road car version holding time trial records every time it's able to be used. ;)

Come on fellas. There are thee cars very right right now Ford/Dodge/Mercedes then the others become potent on larger tracks.

You can add the GT-R to that list, the McLaren can go too, I managed a 50.0 in quali, too bad I messed my start up and couldn't find a rythm after that, I feel it can hang in there with the new specs, Supra did a good job with the Vette too and we all know what the Ford can do so with the R390 out of the picture we have a very very good season on our hands!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back