GTPlanet Android App

• Thread starter strtgng
  • 162 comments
strtgng
strtgng
Soooooo..... Did I miss this announcement? :)

Was in Android app store and stumbled across the GTPlanet app!! Very cool!

No, you didn't miss anything - I'm just waiting for Apple to approve the corresponding iPhone/iPad app before making the formal announcement. I was curious to see how long it would take someone to mention the Android app as it's already been downloaded a few hundred times. Glad you are enjoying it so far. :)

Jordan
No, you didn't miss anything - I'm just waiting for Apple to approve the corresponding iPhone/iPad app before making the formal announcement. I was curious to see how long it would take someone to mention the Android app as it's already been downloaded a few hundred times. Glad you are enjoying it so far. :)

Love it! Latest update makes it even better. Am I the only one out here using an Android and this app??

Sent from my Ally using GTPlanet

Love it! Latest update makes it even better. Am I the only one out here using an Android and this app??

Sent from my Ally using GTPlanet
As of the current stats, there are 221 "active installs" - apparently 220 haven haven't found this thread yet, though. :) I'm sure more people will step forward about using the app after I make the formal announcement.

I was actually just thinking about such a thing this morning. :lol: Downloading now and now installed on a Motorola Droid.

In iOS, you should see the "Login" option in the menu at the bottom, or hit the Menu button on your Android device.

A BlackBerry version of the app may be available later this year, but I can't make any guarantees at this time.

I been using it for two weeks now (I think), you made it your self Jordan? Really awesome the way the subscripted threads are so easy to access and what ever you need is just so easy to find!

The start up image of the GTP logo is stretched on my HTC Wildfire.. doesn't bother me, just letting you know.

I hope the ads will get removed for the premiums at some point ;), could imagine it would need a separate application then?

Just downloaded, so far so good and much faster than the normal internet for my EVO. I was wondering if it is possible to have the "views" integrated into the android app? Maybe just on the subscriptions. I don't know how else to find this data besides doing a search on my posts via non-app webpage.

Is there a .apk file of this I can download for my Archos? It won't show up on the android market.

Just search for 'gtplanet' in the marketplace it was the only app to come up. Looks great Jordan!

Jerome

Just search for 'gtplanet' in the marketplace it was the only app to come up. Looks great Jordan!

Jerome

That's just the problem. I search "gtplanet" on the Android market, and it won't show up. I went to the android market main site, and it shows up there. I can't download it from there because the Archos doesn't register as an android phone.

Is there a .apk file of this I can download for my Archos? It won't show up on the android market.
I'm not sure if the Android app is compatible with the Archos platform - that may be the reason it doesn't show up in the Market on your device. I'm sorry, but I can't distribute the APK file separately.

Just downloaded, so far so good and much faster than the normal internet for my EVO. I was wondering if it is possible to have the "views" integrated into the android app? Maybe just on the subscriptions. I don't know how else to find this data besides doing a search on my posts via non-app webpage.
Unfortunately, I don't think this is a feature of the Forum Runner platform now but it may be supported in the future.

Now that I have played with the Android app a bit, I can say that it is quite nice.

I wouldn't mind the .apk for a manual install. I've tried on 3 separate occasions to download from the Market, but app does not download to my Desire.

VashTheStampede
Now that I have played with the Android app a bit, I can say that it is quite nice.

Follow up on my previous post.

You have outdone yourself with the Android app Jordan. It gives nearly the same experience as normal browsing on a computer, but in a package much better suited to viewing on a smartphone. 👍

Still very happy with this app, using it very offen, and still no bugs to be found. Appreciate it very much 👍

Sometimes I use it in bed at night and was thinking how nice it would be for my eyes with a night theme/skin. I know you value the design a bunch, Jordan, so could imagine you would want to keep the design at it is, and probably not so much for customization. I do love it, specially the fading effect on the scrolling window 👍

But are you considering making a night theme/skin?

I can see where that would be useful, but no, it's not something that I believe is in the plans at this time. I have experienced similar issues in the past while reading my iPhone or iPad in the dark, and just switched the device to "white on black" mode (it swaps the colors) in the Accessibility options. I'm not sure if Android devices have such a mode, but you may find it handy.

Thanks for the reply, sounds nice with that ability on iPhone. There isn't such function on Android I believe. Have to look for an application that could do this then, cheers though!

Iwas gonna necro the other thread, but seeing as this one is necroed already her it goes.

I can't seem to find the feedback forum for pd....the giant wishlist.

Is this accessable through the app?

If not is there a handy sticky?

Back