GTPlanet Android App

• Thread starter strtgng
  • 162 comments
Which Android handset are you using? Are you trying to download the app from the Market on your phone?

Yes, information about the type of device that you have would be useful, though if you're getting that message I doubt there is any way that you can install the app. I'm not familiar with Android's installation nuances, though.

Well I got the Thing just today it's a Xperia X10 .(It might be a problem with Vodafone though as I can't anything else)If anybody knows how to fix this please PM .

Sorry for the inconvenience and Thanks in advance 👍

The option to see who's online gives an error "an unparseable result", and gives a blank screen. It doesn't crash the entire app, though.

Phone is an HTC Evo with Android 2.2 as the OS.

Well I got the Thing just today it's a Xperia X10 .(It might be a problem with Vodafone though as I can't anything else)If anybody knows how to fix this please PM .

Sorry for the inconvenience and Thanks in advance 👍

You might also try to install the GTPlanet App from Android Market. The website is the same Market as on your phone, but allows for much easier app browsing. Much like the Market on your phone, after selecting an app for install, the chosen app is downloaded and installed on your phone.

The option to see who's online gives an error "an unparseable result", and gives a blank screen. It doesn't crash the entire app, though.

Phone is an HTC Evo with Android 2.2 as the OS.

I also cannot view who is online. The error given reads, "The remote server sent an unparsable result. This could be a result of the forum software plugin being outdated".

I also cannot view who is online. The error given reads, "The remote server sent an unparsable result. This could be a result of the forum software plugin being outdated".

Come to think of it, with 2300+ people on GTP at the time of this writing, 735 of them registered users, I don't really want that list anyhow, it would probably waste a lot of time.

Come to think of it, with 2300+ people on GTP at the time of this writing, 735 of them registered users, I don't really want that list anyhow, it would probably waste a lot of time.

I had the same thought as I clicked on the Users' List to get the error message.

Maybe it's not your Xperia. Maybe it's your android version.

From the mild research I just did, the phone (at least in the US) is running Android 2.1 and maybe the GTP app is just not compatible with phones that run 2.1.

Please note I could be wrong altogether. I'm just speculating..

You might also try to install the GTPlanet App from Android Market. The website is the same Market as on your phone, but allows for much easier app browsing. Much like the Market on your phone, after selecting an app for install, the chosen app is downloaded and installed on your phone.

I did ,it says it's not Compatible :banghead:
Maybe it's not your Xperia. Maybe it's your android version.

From the mild research I just did, the phone (at least in the US) is running Android 2.1 and maybe the GTP app is just not compatible with phones that run 2.1.

Please note I could be wrong altogether. I'm just speculating..

Yep my version is indeed is 2.1 .Can anybody confirm that ?

That could potentially be the issue. My Droid is running 2.2 and has been for some time now.

Yep my version is indeed is 2.1 .Can anybody confirm that ?

2.1 should be fine mate.
When you look at the details at the Andriod Market it says the app requires 1.5 and up. I know this doesn't really help you getting it to work.
I honestly don't know why it isn't working. Good luck.

Cheers Shaun.

2.1 should be fine mate.
When you look at the details at the Andriod Market it says the app requires 1.5 and up. I know this doesn't really help you getting it to work.
I honestly don't know why it isn't working. Good luck.

Cheers Shaun.

Thanks shaun it turns out I had a Problem with the Phone and the Market App ,I got it fixed and the GTP App is working like a charm .

It had been buggy for me lately, but an app update did the trick; then again, Froyo needed an update of its own on my phone.

Every time I browse GTP with my mobile phone I have to enter the URL for the forums since the mobile main page does not have a link to other sections of the site. I know I already brought this up, but I really don't think this is adequate web designing. Relying on an app completely independent from the web browser to do the site navigation can't be a good design choice, in my opinion.

I use this a lot, probably more than
my PC for these forums.

Only one thing I ask is a multi-quote function in app. Runs great on my Galaxy S otherwise.

I use this a lot, probably more than
my PC for these forums.

Only one thing I ask is a multi-quote function in app. Runs great on my Galaxy S otherwise.
Tap the posts you want to quote, press the "Menu" button, then select "Multi-Quote Reply".

iwn39s.png

Scan that image with a QR App (Or Google Goggles) to take you straight to the download page in the market place on your Android ;)

Hello everyone.

I have a couple questions regarding this application. In android it says the application needs the following permissions

Storage -> modify/delete SD card contents

Network communication -> full internet access

Hardware controls -> take pictures and videos

System tools -> prevent phone from sleeping

I trust the developers but I was wondering why does it need the third option Hardware controls -> take pictures and videos. Why would it want to access my camera?

Thank you for providing us with this application it is very smooth on my Xperia Play and I haven't had any problems so far.

The Forum Runner platform on which the app is built allows you to attach pictures to your posts directly from your phone's photo library. However, I don't allow image file attachments to posts here, so that functionality of the app isn't used.

The Forum Runner platform on which the app is built allows you to attach pictures to your posts directly from your phone's photo library. However, I don't allow image file attachments to posts here, so that functionality of the app isn't used.

Oh ok thanks for clearing that up.

Great app just 1 small problem I have.
When having a conversation with someone via PM,I can only read one message of theirs while I am using the app.To read the next one I must exit the app and start it again.I have to do this every time I get a PM.

Great app just 1 small problem I have.
When having a conversation with someone via PM,I can only read one message of theirs while I am using the app.To read the next one I must exit the app and start it again.I have to do this every time I get a PM.

When it says you have the new message and it only shows the first messages. Just hit your menu button, then hit refresh. The new messages should be there. 👍

OMGILOVEYOU.
No but seriously, the GTPlanet App is one mighty piece of work. So beautiful... mwah!
Thanks Jordan!

Anyone else got any thoughts on the GTP App?

P.S. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section.
P.P.S. Typed from my Samsung Galaxy Pro. <3

Added ^ this to that (it was two pages away). Yeah, the Android app is getting better all the time; I do about half my "work" on it.

Oh, and the "available users" feature works now.

Thanks, Traviitzer, I'm glad you enjoy it. :)

FoxHound, the app runs on a customized, white-label version of the Forum Runner platform. I purchased the license and had the software customized for GTPlanet's needs so the app could be made available for free, and you guys wouldn't have to pay to purchase the full TapaTalk or ForumRunner applications to use the site on your phones. The ForumRunner developer maintains the apps, and I try to cover the costs with the in-app advertising and Premium subscriptions.

Back