GTR2 Official!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 923 comments

McLaren

Premium
United States
Texas
Props to PoRsChEnUt @ UCP for posting this.

- Better circuits,graphic,kurbs reaction etc etc
- night races even more spectacular thanks to a new illumination engine
- a completally new wheel (pneumatic) physics engine, completly rewrote from sratch !
- They invested a lot of human resource for a new netcode and it's yet improved of 20% respect GTR
- Improved Graphic for cars and tracks respect GTL and GTR , they says it's impressive atm.
- new tracks (28 !!!) , and all old tracks has been retouched at the point that they seems INEDHIT (some of the new tracks : Dubai,Zhunai,Valencia)
- New damage physics, with microfiber damage also. More spectacular and realistic
- All ufficial GT cars are available from the beginning. YOu can win also other cars
- Game will be on the stores and not online cause they want to sell it also to all people to make also young simmers aware of this products and not only of the old gtr users.
- New DYNAMIC WEATHER system. All reflection on the track when i rains are done in real time and when the rain finish to fall, the trajectory will be dry more and more after each laps and depending on the cars present on track and temperature. Not like in GTR where there was a fixed number of laps to clear the track/trajectory. All this will be simulated not only to a GRAPHIC LEVEL but also to a REALISTIC PHISICS LEVEL
- Added some more Game Modality to satisfy also new Simmers but they didnt want to go against old Simmers. So they did all in 1 game. Between this new game modality there is the DRIVING SCHOOL also.
- There won't be any 3d Audio, only stereofonic audio like it's predecessor but with better campionaments of sounds.

Cars:
~Saleen S7
~Ferrari 550 Maranello
~BMW M3 GTR
~Maserati MC12
~Porsche 911 GT2 (993)
~Porsche 911 GT3 (996)
~Chevrolet Corvette

I read about GTR2 being in development over at RSC forums a few months ago.

I hope they release a demo soon. :)

That thread=GTR 1
This Therad=GTR 2

I'm not about to go shift through 14 pages just for some info that is linked another site when I could make a new thread here, with pics....

*McLaren*
That thread=GTR 1
This Therad=GTR 2

I'm not about to go shift through 14 pages just for some info that is linked another site when I could make a new thread here, with pics....

I know, I didn't want to get you p**ed off. I just wanted to tell that I already talked about it, that's all.
It's good you made a new thread. I also wanted to make a new thread but decided to post it in the GTR thread because GTR isn't that "succesfull" as a thread.

:)

kikie
Already talked about this:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2064627&postcount=271

and

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2064673&postcount=273

Very nice graphics. I heard it's going to be based on the Gr2motor like GTL. Buying this game means, we heve to upgrade our pc "again".
I hope, if there's going to be a career mode, (but I doubt that), that there is an option to skip this career mode and get the full game at once.

I seem to remember reading that there is going to be a career mode over at RSC.

Too lazy to look it up so here you go:

http://forum.rscnet.org/forumdisplay.php?f=542

:P

No 3d Audio? Damn... I want a racing game with 5.1 like PGR3.

Encyclopedia
I'm sure there is going to be more than enough things to make up for it.
I want the engine note to come from behind be when I'm in a MR or RR car... Thats such a cool feature in PGR3.

Event
No 3d Audio? Damn... I want a racing game with 5.1 like PGR3.
I also read that GTR2 won't have surround (3D) sound but Simbin is working on futur "applications" to implement full 3D surround sound in, i.e. GTR3. If I find the link again, I'll post it. I don't know if it's going to be "only" 5.1 or maybe even 7.1 surround sound.

from another forum
a completely new tyre physic
*McLaren*
- a completally new wheel (pneumatic) physics engine, completly rewrote from sratch !
- They invested a lot of human resource for a new netcode and it's yet improved of 20% respect GTR

Does this mean that GTR wasn't that realistic after all???

kikie

Does this mean that GTR wasn't that realistic after all???
It was among the most realistic sims on the market, it still is, but like every sim, it's still far from real. All they're doing with physics these days is creating engines that can cope with more and more calculations and variables, for example the tyre wall deformation, different tyre temperatures between the inside and the outside of each tyre ect. What GTR had was good, but you can get so many more variables in now the old engione couldn't cope.

alot of people who bought gtr feel abandoned by simbin because of their lack of support. i wonder if anyone here feels the same way ???

I do feel they certainly did not offer enough support with only a few downloads, and we all know everyone's reaction to the Oval Track downloads.

I do think the graphics are nice enough. After all, the most important thing in sims, after the physics, is FPS.

Back