GTR2 Official!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 923 comments
No problem, if you ever decide you want to build one, send me a pm and I can help you out. Tell me when you're ready and I'll find the best deals for you possible to get the best possible machine to make it work with your TV.

PC sim racing is a blast and I hope you get to enjoy it soon. As you can see though, we can for sure get you up and running for a pretty cheap price.

Does anyone have a gamesave file to share? Min was wasted after I had to format the hdd and I don't wanna run all the stuff again.

Does anyone have a gamesave file to share? Min was wasted after I had to format the hdd and I don't wanna run all the stuff again.

Yeah, I got one. Not quite done with everything though but happy to share.
Send me an email and I'll send it back.

I recently got into this game, whilst PSN was down. I was addicted to downloading mods for a few days, until i found a site called Pilsbierbuden. They have a autoupdate program that can be installed which keeps you upto date with all the tracks, skins & mods for racing in their online lobby's.http://www.pilsbierbude.de/index.php

Last edited:
Hi people!:) Just wondering if I should get this game or not. Is there people playing this game online or not? And are the mods good? I've seen some good videos which would lead me to believe they are.

How many cars are able to go into a race?
Is the AI good? Is the physics engine good?

Also, I saw the GTR2 introduction video, the one of the spa 24 hours....:drool:

Yes to all of the above. Get the game, it is brilliant and lots of people still play it. One of the best physics engines in a racing sim. Plenty of mods available online and the game is real cheap now due to it's age.

Yes, also if you use the link i gave above & join the site(for free), they have an autoupdate program you can download which will give you all their cars & tracks(takes all day to download it all) they also have online passes for the game. They have 7 servers running all week & special events, this week is a GT2 race around Mid America track.

I'm getting my PC tomorrow and have a question about the GTR games. There's GTR2, Race 07, and GTR evolution right? Is it all the same game with just expansion packs? or are they all 3 seperate games?
If they are different games, What order should I buy them in?
And how well does the fanatec turbo s wheel work with them?

I just tried out the GTR2 demo. How much different is the full game from the demo? I'm sure they have had a bunch of updates, and I'm wondering if they add that stuff to the demo. To me, it looked pretty bad even at the max settings, and the demo car just didn't seem to feel very good at all. iracing feels alot better to me. That's why I'm wondering if GTR2 has evolved that much since the demo.

Since GT5 is the best driving sim I've used, how do GTR 2's physics compared to GT? Because I'm looking at getting a new computer and I'm looking into either this or GT Legends. I know GTR 2 has good AI, but what about physics. Even then, where could I get it, since it's not exactly easy to find.

Last edited:
I just tried out the GTR2 demo. How much different is the full game from the demo? I'm sure they have had a bunch of updates, and I'm wondering if they add that stuff to the demo. To me, it looked pretty bad even at the max settings, and the demo car just didn't seem to feel very good at all. iracing feels alot better to me. That's why I'm wondering if GTR2 has evolved that much since the demo.

I never try the demo, sure it look bad because is a 2006 game also its focus on physics, but you have a lots of mods, almost any car category, street or race, almost any track, and now you can add HDR fxs (enbseries) and HD textures, check:

Since GT5 is the best driving sim I've used, how do GTR 2's physics compared to GT? Because I'm looking at getting a new computer and I'm looking into either this or GT Legends. I know GTR 2 has good AI, but what about physics. Even then, where could I get it, since it's not exactly easy to find.

Its similar since the ffb is similar, you must try it, remember its a '06 game and its still plenty of users, always with new content.

One question I have; are GTR2 mods compatible with Race 07? Can I install them and use them with R07?

No.

👍

If we talk about race cars I prefer GTR2 physics than GT5. PD made a great game for road cars but their race cars are a little bit to flat. No real bouncing, no weight transfers. Those GT5 SuperGTs looks insane but they have a basic FFB Imo. Of course if you compare GTR2 to Iracing, Iracing is better but if you don't like spending money for subscriptions, you can't accept weak car lists, you like mods and free content GTR2 could be a great game for you. Also consider there are some physics mods out there like tha NAP mod and this one I found yesterday at nogrip.

If we talk about race cars I prefer GTR2 physics than GT5. PD made a great game for road cars but their race cars are a little bit to flat. No real bouncing, no weight transfers. Those GT5 SuperGTs looks insane but they have a basic FFB Imo. Of course if you compare GTR2 to Iracing, Iracing is better but if you don't like spending money for subscriptions, you can't accept weak car lists, you like mods and free content GTR2 could be a great game for you. Also consider there are some physics mods out there like tha NAP mod and this one I found yesterday at nogrip.

Looks like I'm going to do everything I can to get GTR2. I've spent some time looking on Nogrip, the mods are amazing. :cheers: :) I've always wanted a race experience that is like real racing, now I'm happy my wheel is PC compatible ;)

You should buy GTR2 and GT Legends.

GTR2 is supposed to be coming out as a download...you can check the simbing raceroom site for more info on a release date.

I find the physics for GTR2 and GTL. Also going off the racing line and/or off the track is properly modeled. I find that in GT5 I can even go into the kittly litter (which is designed to stop or slowdown extremely cars to protect pilot) with no loss of time. very odd.

I think simbin also makes the best AI for racing among the available games.

I have a bit of bad news. So I got the demo, and I got the wheel to work in it, but there's no FFB, does anyone know the problem?

I have a bit of bad news. So I got the demo, and I got the wheel to work in it, but there's no FFB, does anyone know the problem?

I found this too when I first played it. The easiest way to get it working is to click on controls>FFB (the last option), and click on the option in the list that is made by your wheel manufacturer. For instance, I have a DFGT, so I clicked on the option for Logitech G25. Lo and behold, I now have FFB, bloody strong too! If you don't get FFB to start with, just try clicking on Reverse Effects, that should do the trick.

I found this too when I first played it. The easiest way to get it working is to click on controls>FFB (the last option), and click on the option in the list that is made by your wheel manufacturer. For instance, I have a DFGT, so I clicked on the option for Logitech G25. Lo and behold, I now have FFB, bloody strong too! If you don't get FFB to start with, just try clicking on Reverse Effects, that should do the trick.

Alright, thanks! I'm going to try this. Though I don't see any Fanatec wheels on there, lets hope it might work.

EDIT: Okay, well I tried the game. There are some FFB effects, like small vibration, but anything else is non existent.

Last edited:
Just found and installed Formula 3000 Mod I had a BLAST at Donnington with these single seaters, great FFB, challenging physics I love it.

3.jpg

TIP: You need to enable tyres visualization in you .PLR file in UserData folder, there should be a folder called ... (your name) ie the name you use for gtr2 playing. In this folder you will have a file same name but .plr open this file in notepad and search for this line (use find in notepad)
Wheels Visible In Cockpit

change that line to

Wheels Visible In Cockpit="1"
save file and play.

I'm happy to say that I got it.:D

Unforutnetley I'm away from home so can't connect the DFGT and find out how good it is.:( Are you able to play this game with an xbox controller?

I'm happy to say that I got it.:D

Unforutnetley I'm away from home so can't connect the DFGT and find out how good it is.:( Are you able to play this game with an xbox controller?

Yes you can, I have played this with 360 controller enabled (I use my PS3 controller with the charging cable in the USB, using a program which makes the PC think its a wired 360 controller)

Yes you can, I have played this with 360 controller enabled (I use my PS3 controller with the charging cable in the USB, using a program which makes the PC think its a wired 360 controller)

Thanks but it doesn't matter now.

Gonna plug my wheel into this today.:D

Are there any digital copies of GTR 2 or ones that aren't a million billion $? Because I can't find anything under $30. I know GT Legends has a digital copy available, but GTR 2?

Also, do mods work with Digital copy?

I don't know if GTR2 is available as a digital DL or not. I think I paid $20-30 for it a year+ ago. They seem to be getting harder to come by. Well worth it though.

PS; Try going to NoGripRacing.com, it's a big site for GTR2, maybe you can ask in the forums?

Cheers, I know GTR 2 is good. :) I played a demo at Barcelona and loved it. $20-30 is a good price, where did you find it?

Back