GTR2 Official!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 923 comments
No problems whatsoever with my disc and Windows 7, it even runs relatively smooth on the infamous lagtop 👍

Will try to go deeper into online mode in the weekend, who knows what will be found?
The Shadow knows... :mischievous:

:sly:

Just checked, and online is indeed still up-and-running and functional! Anyone who might be up for some races or perhaps even an organised championship in the near future?

Well, judging entirely by the time between my post and the first post after that, interest would be extremely low. But magic does happen when there's a thread with details and stuff :)

Speaking of stuff, I might have a little something up for whatever is left of the GTR 2 community tomorrow 👍

Edit: As I promised, here's a minor treat. Nothing big, but I had fun making it. Might make more of that.

Attachments

• 24 Hours of Dubai.zip
    37.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Sorry for the double-post (even though it's been a week), but I thought I'd release an update on my 24 Hours of Dubai mod. Nothing big, really, as the only actual correction is the time of day used for the start of the race, but I've taken the freedom to include all files necessary in case someone wouldn't want to download both. Besides, it's four very small files, takes no time to perform a full update ;)
There might be more stuff coming in a short time (perhaps I should start a new thread dedicated to mods?) if people find this interesting 👍

Attachments

• 24 Hours of Dubai.zip
    36.7 KB · Views: 14
Finnaly got to make a quality FIA GT 2006 mod using simbin and the enduracers content. Only used part of the actual fia gt 2006 mod and left out the terrible low quality vettes, f430s, and dbr9s for the enduracers ones and added the missing panoz and spykers. Might be able to get 2007 and 2008 together aswell.

Continuing on with my FIA GT collection I've almost got the 2007 season completely done but its taken awhile, the whole G2, G3, and Coupe de Roi classes were missing and i had to go and find them all. Still missing one 997 Cup Porsche and the 2 Sport Garage F430s.

Shaping up to be an interesting mod 👍
Mind if I included those as an option for future* enduro-add-ons?

*whenever I get it to not loop the config screen instead of loading the game :grumpy:

Shaping up to be an interesting mod 👍
Mind if I included those as an option for future* enduro-add-ons?

*whenever I get it to not loop the config screen instead of loading the game :grumpy:
I had the same problem with GTL. Steam didnt do a very good job with it, i luckily still have a physical copy of GTR2.

Such a shame, really, seeing as I picked up a brand-new laptop only a matter of two weeks ago. I'm suspecting Windows 8 has something to do with it.

..and I was really getting into the creative corner :(

Such a shame, really, seeing as I picked up a brand-new laptop only a matter of two weeks ago. I'm suspecting Windows 8 has something to do with it.

..and I was really getting into the creative corner :(
You can download the Enduracers mod here:
http://f1classic.your-talk.com/t14395-release-endurance-series-complete-sp1-sp2

Although I deleted all the cars that weren't FIA GT cars because they would just be taking up space and i was never going to use them. All I'm doing is just taking the existing FIA GT mods and getting the best of both worlds in terms of quality and making it organized.

Painted up this beast, not all logos are there but its one less car missing from the group
1fuxeb.jpg

Last edited:
My worst suspicion has been confirmed :grumpy:

I tried to install GTR2 on a stationary running Windows 7, and it would actually run the game, although slightly laggy (computer's fault). I then simply copied what I know knew was a working install over on my external hard drive, and tested it again just to make sure it could still run it, and once again it ran near-perfectly.

Then, I plugged the HD into my Windows 8 laptop..

Config Screen Of Death!

So it's pretty much confirmed that Windows 8 and GTR2 just don't like each other. Compatibility mode doesn't help either, you're still running Win8.

I'm wondering if installing Windows 7 on it would help, since the OS seems to be the main source of problems?

My worst suspicion has been confirmed :grumpy:

I tried to install GTR2 on a stationary running Windows 7, and it would actually run the game, although slightly laggy (computer's fault). I then simply copied what I know knew was a working install over on my external hard drive, and tested it again just to make sure it could still run it, and once again it ran near-perfectly.

Then, I plugged the HD into my Windows 8 laptop..

Config Screen Of Death!

So it's pretty much confirmed that Windows 8 and GTR2 just don't like each other. Compatibility mode doesn't help either, you're still running Win8.

I'm wondering if installing Windows 7 on it would help, since the OS seems to be the main source of problems?

I just found this thread, and this seems to be my problem as well. Ah too bad. Atleast the computer I'll have in the future has Win7 preinstalled, so I hope it works then!

Wuzzah! :)

I found a thread on a german GTR2 fan site in which someone was dealing with the exact same problem as I was. As it turns out, it was a matter of it trying to run on the wrong graphics card :lol:

GTR2 is now running in all its glory on the laptop, which means three things:

1: I can now create more mods (hint: prepare for a sleepless week soon)
2: If there's interest in it, I can organise online events
3: @Silver-Sylph is running out of excuses for not uploading his FIA GT 2006/2007 mods :D

3: @Silver-Sylph is running out of excuses for not uploading his FIA GT 2006/2007 mods :D
Kinda forgot about it honestly, ive been skinning cars like a madman over here http://f1classic.your-talk.com/t14395-release-endurance-series-complete-sp1-sp2

Starting taking skinning requests and it turned into me doing all the missing 2005 ALMS cars, honestly though if you know how to mess around with the gbd and car files its very easy just to make your own like i did, it can just become very time consuming.

Any tips for how to keep AI together? I'm running the Super Touring mod and i'm annoyed at 1 second gaps to every car after a lap at most tracks, I can't get the field to stay bunched. Any pointers?

I'm not exactly an expert at stuff that deep in the files (my recent "adventure" is likely proof of that), but I'm guessing it has to do with either one car being that more powerful/lighter or the driver being better/worse, maybe even a combination of both. There might even be a code in the game itself that'll prevent the cars from getting too close when it's not an overtaking attempt.

Any tips for how to keep AI together? I'm running the Super Touring mod and i'm annoyed at 1 second gaps to every car after a lap at most tracks, I can't get the field to stay bunched. Any pointers?
More then likely its the talent files but sadly i dont know much about those files in particular so you'll have to do some digging.

Does anyone know how paint pit crews and get all AI ones showing? Was racing at Le Mans and many AI crews are all same generic grey look. Also some don't have pit crews that show when they enter the pits.

Does anyone know how paint pit crews and get all AI ones showing? Was racing at Le Mans and many AI crews are all same generic grey look. Also some don't have pit crews that show when they enter the pits.

This is something I've been wondering about too. Surely when you tell the game you want to see all pit crews, you want to see all pit crews? Or is there some sort of hidden, obvious logic that I've missed?

*cue this*

I'm not sure about painting the crew, though I could imagine them being in the same folder as its respective team (which would explain why some look different).

This is something I've been wondering about too. Surely when you tell the game you want to see all pit crews, you want to see all pit crews? Or is there some sort of hidden, obvious logic that I've missed?

*cue this*

I'm not sure about painting the crew, though I could imagine them being in the same folder as its respective team (which would explain why some look different).

I've been delving around and found templates. Got a DDS convertor (left over from my NR2003 days) and managed to transplant a pit board over to another crew (Norma LMP1 board to Audi R8 Veloqx). For suits I am not 100% sure, but i'm going to work on a spot of customising for the Prototype SCC mod. Already fixed a number of car weights that were wrong, now going to do pit boards at the least. The lure of a 50 car dream race at LM with Audi R8, NASAMAX, Panoz, DBA, McLaren, Lola, Porsche, and Lucchini :lol: was fun earlier - think some pit customization will do now :D

Alright everyone, as you can see, I've either been massively entertained, extremely bored, or just quite creative throughout the last period of time. I give you: Rally's GTR2 Add-On!

No, it does not have any flashy new cars.

No, it does not have any stunning new tracks.

No, it does not unlock a secret "jet engine" or "all cars blow up when I shift into 3rd" cheat.

What it does is give you 10 new 24 hour races to play around with. Honorable mentions include an update to my ever-so-not-popular Dubai 24, 24 hour races on just about every south European track that doesn't already have one, Nürburgring 24 Hours (with in-game cars only, mind you) and a replica of the 1999 24 Hours of Le Mans using the LMRT and SCC mods. I've been kind enough to put download links to the tracks required in the respective readmes.

I might have more for you at some point, and if what I'm thinking of turns out to be possible, it'll be semi-amazing.

On another note, was there any interest in doing some few events every once in a while?

Attachments

• Rally's GTR2 add-on.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 15
Hey guys, I'm a noobie here so I hope you could give me some insight about this game, mainly about mods. What's the best place to get the mods and which are the ones you recomend getting?

Nogripracing and the LMRT + SCC mods (the former is on nogrip, the latter is linked to in a thread there) and a Circuit de la Sarthe. /question :D

Is it possible to convert skins across to GTR2 from Rfactor? I got the GTR2 WTCC Extreme mod and one set of skins i only available on the RF version. Can these be converted?

Back