lap2 : 2:14.850
bestlap : 2:14.850

steward : twistedfirework
pilot : GTP_Josh-F
lap 1 : 2:25.138
lap 2 : 2:24.450
bestlap : 2:24.450

Last edited:
I tried iRacing for a couple of weeks as I was away and I have mixed feelings about it.

It is clearly in my view a better car simulator. You have a better sense to what the car is doing. You can actually feel some understeer in the wheel something which is totally non existing in GT5. Also oversteer gets better communicated and the breaking feel is on a different planet.

But I think the graphics is better in GT5. I couldn't really get it to work well in iRacing.

The biggest advantage for GT5 is that is much easier to create racing groups like this one. In iRacing you end up racing strangers all the time, and what is great with GT5 is racing with friends, people you know, and share the experiance afterwards on forums like this.

I will probably try it some more. You get a 3 months subscription for 12 bucks so its cheap to try it out if you have a decent PC to run it on.

I have been on call all week, and am a bit nervous as I have had no seat time since Saturdays race. :nervous: I am hoping to get a little practice and possibly qualify tonight.

I am very grateful to one of my coworkers for covering the phones for me this Saturday during the race. 👍 So, good or bad qualifying, some or no practice, I'll be racing this weekend.

Well, after 5 years of hard work, my PS3 has finally had it. It won't read any discs anymore, so I'll be picking up a new PS3 plus a new wheel since the 7 year old DFP's pedals and steering motors aren't what they used to be. At least I saved all my files for GT5. I'm going to be hard on the look out and try to pick everything up before the race. Limited practice for me as well even though Spa is one of my favorite tracks.

You'll might have to put me in the back for the race as I'm not going to be able to qualify.

Well, after 5 years of hard work, my PS3 has finally had it. It won't read any discs anymore, so I'll be picking up a new PS3 plus a new wheel since the 7 year old DFP's pedals and steering motors aren't what they used to be. At least I saved all my files for GT5. I'm going to be hard on the look out and try to pick everything up before the race. Limited practice for me as well even though Spa is one of my favorite tracks.

You'll might have to put me in the back for the race as I'm not going to be able to qualify.

That is a bummer Hamilton. On a side note though, I swapped from a DFGT wheel to a G27 and never looked back. If you have a couple of bucks to spare, maybe you could upgrade your setup?

Steward:IforceV8
pilot:embarrassed:alithgow
lap 1: 2:27.673 👍
lap 2: 2:25.911 👍
best: 2:25.911

pilot:Trajikone
lap 1: 2:17.435 👍
lap 2: 2:17.615 👍
best: 2:17.435

pilot: sailworksman
lap 1: 2:18.057 👍
lap 2: 2:19.045 👍
best: 2:18.057

Cool I'm qualifying Aliens and Erick in NTSC right now. Be over there soon.

Steward: Trajikone
pilot: #50 El_Aliens69
lap 1: 2:24.891 clean
lap 2: 2:25.063 clean
Best lap: 2:24.891

pilot: #71 GTP_Erick
lap 1: 2:25.097 clean
lap 2: 2:25.606 clean
Best lap: 2:25.097

Hamilton hope you can get it all back before the race.

Last edited:
I am still kickin' it here in PAL 1. Not sure why I picked this room, I could have easily joined an NTSC room just the same. But I am here, so here I am. ;)

No way I'm in pal all by myself

5551fa82.jpg

Last edited:
Heat, I clicked on your name. If your in a room it's not one of these because no yellow circle shows by your coffee cup. Back in pal 1 for the time being

Well thats just weird since he just qualified and now plc is here too.

Moving to ntsc-1

Last edited:
Wow I think I'm in pal 1 pre update. In another dimension! Let me check it out. Be on for a while.

It was weird earlier as well. I knew you guys were still in NTSC rooms, but when I clicked on the lounges there were no names listed. IforceV8 had an issue once when trying to enter the room, and after my (Stinking) qualifying run I had to reset my PS3 to get out of the room. Odd stuff.

Steward: IforceV8 GTP_OVERHEATING
pilot: GTP_OVERHEATING
lap 1: 2:27.539 one tire off
lap 2: 2:28.099 👍
best 2:28.099

This close to a crappy lap....I'll have to settle for the crappier of the two ;)

picture.php

Thank you to IforceV8 for all of your patience.

pilot: #65 T_Satou
lap 1: 2:26.630 *clean*
lap 2: 2:26.845 clean
Best lap: *2:26.630

Back