Guess That Car and Track: Spec 3.2 edition (READ FIRST POST)

• Thread starter NT_03
  • 1,030 comments
One recent-ish guess was close, and the game has been named. The right event is still missing, though.

Nopey :dopey:

Lil' extra hint:

"You'll need to use your imagenation to find the answer"

Again, take a look at all the hints as well as the original riddle, put the bricks together correctly, and you should be able to see light at the end of the tunnels on Grand Valley :)

Maybe, maybe not. Maybe it's a hint, maybe I put it there to confuse you, maybe it was a mistake, maybe it wasn't.

1000 Miles! (GT4)
All Japan GT Championship (GT4)
Midget II Race (GT4)
Deutsche Touring Car Meisterschaft (GT4)
Itailan Avant Garde (GT3)
Pan Euro Championship (GT4)

All Japan GT Championship (GT3)?

We have a winner! Explanation:

"Is that what I think it is? It is! What the.. ah, I see what you did there, PD, that's a genuine easter egg!"

You'll understand it in a moment.

"The successor to Oxyacetylene is related to this"
+
In what way is Oxyacetylene and Gran Turismo connected?

Oxyaxetylene is (among others :P ) a song by Cubanate, which was used on the language selection screen of the original Gran Turismo. Particularly the language selection screen part is important.

"Less random guessing, more thinking = less wrong answer, more bingo."

I wanted you to think more about the riddle :)

"Where does Oxyacetylene and Gran Turismo mix? What could that have to do with a successor, which has something to do with an easter egg related to a GT event?"

Oxyacetylene and Gran Turismo mix at the language selection screen in GT1. The successor would be the language selection screen in GT2.

"Opel or Vauxhall?"

On the PAL version of GT/GT2, selecting English language would "open" the Vauxhall dealers, whereas German would open the Opel dealers. Where do you select language?

"You'll need to use your imagenation to find the answer"

Double-pun:

Image: it is related to an image
Nation: the event is (sorta) national

Confused? There's a little more to it:

The language selection screen in GT2 featured an image of several mainly/entirely japanese vehicles parked in a pattern. This exact image can be seen on the very right side of the "banner" for the All Japan GT Championship in GT3 (and GT3 only)

I'll take your turn.

Event Riddle:

This event is gives you a special ticket to a special event but the ticket however has a low chance of being awarded to you during the lower leagues but the chances are high when entering this event

ET: 14hrs.

Question: are seasonal events also counted as regular events?

I have an idea, but it's an impossibility (that's a new, patented word)

I was reading the previous car riddle, and it soo much brought back memories of Darkwing Duck...

Allow me to demonstrate..

"I am the terror that flaps in the night..." ( normal darkwing duck intro...)
"[I am] A legendary Thunder among the passes."
"[I am] the white ghost that has left faster opponents in the dust."
"[ I am]built under specific orders of an author."
"I am Darkwing Duck"

Here's live example:

Back