Guess That Movie!

• Thread starter Daniel
  • 6,821 comments
Maybe an easy one here:

nothingtoseehere.jpg

That photo immediately struck me as familiar. Is it from Chopper by any chance?

Or maybe Trainspotting.

Last edited:
Liz McQueen gets it, your edit was 2 minutes too late, PureAwesomeness ;)

By the way, that nightclub no longer exists, and I live in the apartments built on that exact site (you can see my neighbours flats in the distance).

This one is very easy if you recognize the actress
28tx92c.gif

239z7r.jpg

Edit:
She is an american fashion model, actress and singer.
This movie is a thriller set in a remote region of the Sahara Desert and it has two main characters of which only one survives.

Last edited:
She looks a bit like Mena Suvari but judging by the car and film stock I'd guess it's 1970s so long before her time! I've no idea who she is so I doubt I'm going to get this one without clues.

:)

The car may be old - and it may not shift itself ;) - but the film is not that old;
She used to be a member of a very well known family...

I was really struggling until I realised she's the actress who played Wednesday in the Adams Family but I must admit I'd not heard of this film before, any good?

Have a go with this one...

ehek4h.jpg

I was really struggling until I realised she's the actress who played Wednesday in the Adams Family but I must admit I'd not heard of this film before, any good?

Well, if you're into indy American movies that unlike most don't actually suck you might like it; it's Vicent Gallo's directoral debut and he's quite a character though, as an actor, he may get on your nerves some - a bit like Tarantino. The film also features one of my favourire actors: Ben Gazzara.
Gallo only made another film, The Brown Bunny (2003) with an infamous scene between him and Chloë Sevigny that you may have heard of... :embarrassed:

I do quite like American indy films so I might check it out, cheers Rui.

205xrva.gif
Is this actress Saffron Burrows? The Bank Job?

She's not Saffron Burrows and it's not The Bank Job I'm afraid.

Her character has no idea what her boyfriend really does for a living.

Edit...and she wouldn't like it if she knew

Last edited:
TRUE LIES... :lol: J/K gotta search a bit for this one too... ;)

:lol: Nope, Jamie Lee Curtis didn't look like her even when she was a lot younger!

I'll give you another mini clue, it's not an American film.

Any ideas?

:lol: Nope, Jamie Lee Curtis didn't look like her even when she was a lot younger!

I'll give you another mini clue, it's not an American film.

Any ideas?

Perhaps the poster was referring to La Totale! The French movie that True Lies was based on.

Perhaps the poster was referring to La Totale! The French movie that True Lies was based on.

Good point although I'm pretty sure it was a joke ;) It's not La Totale! either as it's not French.

Let me know if you need more clues

EDIT: This may give it away but here's another clue. It features the abduction of prime minister Aldo Moro by The Red Brigades

Last edited:
Rui got it right 👍

Would you have got it without the last clue?

Brilliant film.

Your go

Would you have got it without the last clue?

I seriously doubt it :); I thought she looked familiar but as it turned out I had no ideia of who she was. Will try to see that movie if if I get the chance!

Have a go at this:

s63axh.jpg

If I'm being totally honest I would have struggled to recognise her but all the other actors are very distinctive. It's definitely worth tracking down, it's tagged as the Italian Goodfellas which isn't far from the truth.

Is this one Lost In Translation? I seem to remember the girl in it sitting in a hotel window looking over Tokyo

Last edited:
Yes, Lost in Translation, at 1:43 appears that frame.
Your level is very high, are any of you working on IMDb or similar?

Thanks Liz 👍 I’ve been checking back here today for Rui to reply but he’s been keeping me waiting ;) I knew it as soon as I saw it, I guess it stuck in my mind because it’s a surprisingly good film.

I’ve certainly been boosting IMDb’s hit count recently :D The level is pretty good here but I just like my movies. I was very impressed you got Train Spotting and kicking myself!

Have a go with this one from my wife’s collection

99hraw.jpg

Back